Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE ABOUT TECH ISSUES!!!
  • Subject: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE ABOUT TECH ISSUES!!!
Subject: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE ABOUT TECH ISSUES!!!
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PDT

Besides the "statistic" at the very beginning this is the best thread in awhile
and yeah, I'm bumping this -blam!- until it's a sticky.

• 08.05.2007 12:53 AM PDT

you may know me as X[IGN]

Posted by: Iggwilv

*hands Kim a crowbar*
Here you will need this to help you get your foot out of the back of your throat, looks llike its in there pretty deep. And what is that on your face? Egg?! *hands Kim a washcloth*

Posted by: staticx576
There is a better solution that crapping your framerate for mouse lag which would be increasing the USB polling rate, it worked for me. follow the directions here: http://www.overclock3d.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8561

• 08.05.2007 1:00 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP. I was installing Halo 2 when I accidentally clicked the cancel button half way through. Now I can't re-install it. I can't uninstall it either because it wasn't complete in the first place. So I've uninstalled it with norton system works and deleted all of Halo 2 programs from the registry, and then I tried reinstalling it again but still could not. I get this message, "Files are missing or damaged in the installation directory". Please advise or help.

Thanks.

• 08.05.2007 5:29 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I'm not going to advise you on that as you stated; You're trying to play Halo 2 Vista on XP...
Look for help somewhere else...
Sorry, it's not like I personally have anything against XP or you, but I'm not sure if it's legal...
LOL, I've already PM'd three Forum Ninjas and one Community Guy about stickying this thread... :/
Is there someone in particular that I should PM?

[Edited on 08.05.2007 6:16 AM PDT]

• 08.05.2007 5:58 AM PDT

SB-117

Posted by: JustBringIt69
X3 for sticky.

KAY!

• 08.05.2007 10:49 AM PDT

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time. I know who you are. You are destiny.

Posted by: ash55
X3 for sticky.

KAY!
I lol'd.

• 08.05.2007 12:50 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: ash55
X3 for sticky.

KAY!
+1337

• 08.05.2007 7:14 PM PDT

Slaying noobs since 2007.

+31337

• 08.05.2007 7:33 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Hello. I just picked up Halo 2 vista. it came with a one moth live subscription so I created a profile and actived the free subscription card. Problem is... When I go to "live" from the in game menu, it says that no profile was found. Sorry, Im new to windows Live..

Where do I sign in (as far as the in game menu is concerend) and how do I play online?

• 08.05.2007 9:55 PM PDT

Posted by: Caboose OMalley
You sure it's not just a setting issue? Try going to the LIVE menu by pressing HOME ingame and then in the personal settings is the Audio settings for the mic and speakers regarding the player(s) etc... If it's not then it must be a Audio driver issue, Either search for an update or if it's up to date make sure that it's configured in the right way like let's say you've got an 5.1 setup: Go to the Control Panel-> Then Hardware & Sound->Sound->Configure and select the 5.1 setup and proceed with the test.

And vincent5, I've heard that doesn't work. To make it to work you'll have to exit your current game (when it asks for the disc) then, from the singleplayer menu, you have to select the Gravemind level manually.

Iggwilv, Whenever I'm going to update my topic, I'm going to update the one over at Halo2Vista (original) and add an description on what I updated like I've done the whole time. So because I've already used the 10000 character limit, you're going to have to add in your post the things that I'll be adding into my topic ok? So just check in on the original one once in a while ok? Or I could just tell you or whatever suits you.

And yes, this should be made a sticky.

Yeah, I've done that. Evrythings normal. Its just not working.

• 08.06.2007 11:39 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

It's hard helping people here "On the fly" if you know what I mean. It's like being a doctor and having patients telephoning me saying:
"Doc, doc!? Listen man, you've got to help me! I've got this horrible pain and I don't know what to do!!!"
...So, until I get to know more about your computer and settings there's really not much I can do...

• 08.06.2007 12:56 PM PDT

Not much anyone can do....

• 08.06.2007 1:39 PM PDT

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time. I know who you are. You are destiny.

It's hard helping people here "On the fly" if you know what I mean. It's like being a doctor and having patients telephoning me saying:
"Doc, doc!? Listen man, you've got to help me! I've got this horrible pain and I don't know what to do!!!"
...So, until I get to know more about your computer and settings there's really not much I can do...
Should I be Church then?

• 08.06.2007 3:09 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Yeah, you can be Church...
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring, I'd like to think that I'm walking along that line everyday." - Church, RvB

[Edited on 08.06.2007 3:29 PM PDT]

• 08.06.2007 3:28 PM PDT

Enough with the RvB... it's dead. Plus, I get sick of finding noobs online on ALL GAMES ON ALL SERVERS OF EVERY GAME I PLAY WITH RVB AND/OR THE NAME OF ONE OF THE CHARACTERS, WHICH SOMETMES MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE WITH CAPS LOCK ON AT ALL TIMES AND BOOT THEM, PERHAPS WIT A REAL BOOT.

• 08.06.2007 3:40 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Feeling better now that you got that out of your chest?
BTW good impression

[Edited on 08.07.2007 12:13 AM PDT]

• 08.07.2007 12:10 AM PDT

Feeling better now that you got that out of your chest?
BTW good impression
Oh yeah man, feels great.

Look, see, watch, my Halo 2 Vista always asks for a profile when I choose Live from the main menu, but it always says theres no profile found. How is that possible?

• 08.08.2007 6:15 AM PDT

Well, this was a waste of a Sticky. Nobody ever replies, and Caboose perhaps got a heart stroke.

• 08.14.2007 3:16 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

No, I'm still alive.
And I'm updating the first post as necessary.
Besides, it's not that wise to cram this sticky full of crap, let's just post here if we have something useful to say ok?
Oh, and my school just started again so I'm afraid that I won't be able to update as often as I did, but all the tips that are there should suffice for now. You can PM me if you come up with something new and you'd like to share it with us so I can put it in my first post, I'll give full credit.

[Edited on 08.15.2007 7:15 AM PDT]

• 08.15.2007 5:42 AM PDT

No, I'm still alive.
And I'm updating the first post as necessary.
Besides, it's not that wise to cram this sticky full of crap, let's just post here if we have something useful to say ok?
Oh, and my school just started again so I'm afraid that I won't be able to update as often as I did, but all the tips that are there should suffice for now. You can PM me if you come up with something new and you'd like to share it with us so I can put it in my first post, I'll give full credit.
Actually I did ask something. You want to find it, or should I quote myself and call it a day?

• 08.15.2007 1:45 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Look, see, watch, my Halo 2 Vista always asks for a profile when I choose Live from the main menu, but it always says theres no profile found. How is that possible?

Have you done a LIVE account manually? Over at Xbox LIVE? Does it sign in when you turn on Halo 2? More info needed as the LIVE issues in halo 2 are so different from each other everytime I run into them. Is your date set correctly in Windows? Are the required ports open for Halo 2 to access? You'd have better luck looking around at other people's problems when looking for a solution.

[Edited on 08.15.2007 10:03 PM PDT]

• 08.15.2007 10:02 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

dose anyone no if there is a way 2 change the grapixs and stuff b4 u load up the game? coz my video card isnt good enuf 4 halo2 vista:( and i was wondering if there was a way 2 make it so the game dosnt need such a good video card? thanks

• 08.21.2007 12:48 PM PDT

Please use english. It helps us understand you, and it makes you look intelligent. And to answer your question, no. You have to buy a new graphics card, you have been told this, and told this, so let's get it through your head this time. Repeat after me: I must buy a new graphics card inorder to play Halo 2 Vista. I will not ask this question again. O_O

• 08.21.2007 3:53 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

i was asking someting diffrent, and i cant buy a new video card coz i hav a laptop

• 08.22.2007 12:48 AM PDT

Posted by: kc shadow
i was asking someting diffrent, and i cant buy a new video card coz i hav a laptop
Then you should had gotten a gaming laptop. Too bad for you.

• 08.23.2007 3:57 PM PDT