Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: The Best Way to Get a Legendary Edition Helmet onto Your Cat
  • Subject: The Best Way to Get a Legendary Edition Helmet onto Your Cat
Subject: The Best Way to Get a Legendary Edition Helmet onto Your Cat
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Destinypedia - The Wiki for Bungie's Destiny
Posted by: DEATHPIMP72
Anyone but Foman. He smells like cheese.

Okay, so as we all know by now, the Halo 3 Legendary Edition helmet comes with a rather small square hole that is meant to make the helmet displayable on a stand with a square peg. While this makes it convenient to display, this will make the helmet exceedingly difficult for its primary purpose, which is as a super-awesome cat torture device.

After a conversation with my favorite tool guy, WFGeppetto, we have determined the best way to get the helmet off that ridiculous display stand and onto your cat's head where it belongs.

The lining is likely to be some sort of hard plastic. At first, I suggested a power drill but Geppetto pointed out to me that this is not exactly efficient. Short of buying a $600 rotary hammer, however, you do still have options that will allow you to have the helmet onto the cat's head in a matter of minutes rather than hours. A simple chisel set plus a jigsaw should to the trick -- cut around the lining on the helmet with the jigsaw (with self-starting blade, if you have one) or even a rotozip, and then simply chisel out the rest of the plastic until you reach the depth of the original cut. Be careful! You wouldn't want to cut through to the outside of the helmet and ruin the beauty of the helmet's lines for the photographs and YouTube videos that you will eventually be taking.

It is also possible that the plastic inside the helmet is a mere lining that is glued inside the helmet and can be removed. A steam nozzle would be ideal to get it out via this method, but most of us probably don't have one. Some Goo-Gone (available at your local grocery store for a couple of bucks) plus a sharp knife should help you get that ridiculous lining out of the helmet as quickly as possible.

The only problem after that, of course, is how to get the helmet onto your cat without getting scratched to death. While Geppetto suggests a valium hidden inside a cat treat or can of tuna fish, cats are notoriously picky eaters. It may be much easier to sneak up on the cat from behind and simply slam it onto its head as quickly as possible. Be sure to have your camera ready, as the first few seconds will be the funniest!

I look forward to seeing your pictures and videos posted here on Bungie.net!

(I'm going to hell)

• 09.09.2007 11:34 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PST

Well.... ah.... Yes! you do that!

• 09.09.2007 11:36 PM PST

It's going on my cat whether I bore it or not.

-blake

• 09.09.2007 11:37 PM PST

RaTiOnAl AnArChY

Check out the Woodshop!

Yeah, and the rotary hammer would be even more dangerous anyway. Mostly chisel work here. The jigsaw will just save a lot of time, and a rotozip would be easier, but it's harder to contol. Like the cat will be.

• 09.09.2007 11:38 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Cool idea.

You know, You could just force the cats head into the hole. I don't think it's too small. If it is too small, a rubber mallet would work too. Mallet's for the win.

• 09.09.2007 11:40 PM PST

Helpful hints

• 09.09.2007 11:40 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

or you could find a cat with a square shaped head.

• 09.09.2007 11:41 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I've had my cat for over 13 years now, and I've called it "Family" for the longest time and it just passed away today...

This thread pisses me off. =/

• 09.09.2007 11:41 PM PST

RaTiOnAl AnArChY

Check out the Woodshop!

Posted by: Po0f MoNk3y
Helpful hints

But what if you want to put it on a pregrown cat's head, and maybe want the cat to move a bit without crushing bones. I must say, that's rather ingenious, though.

• 09.09.2007 11:43 PM PST

"You've created a topic that is not about Halo 3. What should I do?

Dance around it and sprinkle it with flowers?

These are busy forums, and have rules for a reason. People who ignore them or disregard them should be advised that they are disrupting and misusing the forums that nearly everyone else are properly using."

-Recon Number 54 (a.k.a. My Hero)

I work at The Home Depot, and i'll make this as least costly as possible:

Dremel Rotary Tool $29.97
Dremel 150Pc accessory kit $19.97

Just use the grinder bits that come in the kit, and you'll have it shaped in no time. 50 bucks, and you've got a cat helmet.

• 09.09.2007 11:43 PM PST

Posted by: ArchXero
I've had my cat for over 13 years now, and I've called it "Family" for the longest time and it just passed away today...

I'm sorry

• 09.09.2007 11:44 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Aw, you didn't even get a chance to try to get the helmet on its head! Sorry about your loss man, but you should get a kitten -- smaller heads :-)

• gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Agreed.

• gamertag:
  • user homepage:

put fly traps on the floor then when its stuck slam it on his head and take a pic then save the poor kitty :O

• 09.09.2007 11:45 PM PST

Are you people from PETA?

• 09.09.2007 11:46 PM PST

Well you can get a new one and hopefully it will be a kitten so you can get the helmet on it easier.

If this thread pissed you off, you shouldnt have started reading it because the topic title warns you that its going to talk about shoving a helmet on a cat. You own damn fault

• 09.09.2007 11:47 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: x Foman123 x

Aw, you didn't even get a chance to try to get the helmet on its head! Sorry about your loss man, but you should get a kitten -- smaller heads :-)

... You have NO idea how much that just offended me.

Think of a brother or sister you have, around the age of 13.

Now, imagine them lying dead in the street and realizing you'll never see them again.

Now imagine some guy over the internet telling you "That's too bad, you won't be able to play video games with them anymore! Maybe if you go adopt another one.."

Go to hell.

[Edited on 09.09.2007 11:47 PM PDT]

• 09.09.2007 11:47 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

no but would you like a awsome helmet you know nothing about slamed on your head then have pictures taken of you? (dont answer :D)

• 09.09.2007 11:48 PM PST

Now, imagine them lying dead in the street and realizing you'll never see them again.

Now imagine some guy over the internet telling you "That's too bad, you won't be able to play video games with them anymore! Maybe if you go adopt another one.."

Go to hell.

You are comparing an animal that you KNOW is going to die around age 12-15 to a human being (brother or sister in the case you posted) which is your actual family.

What a terrible comparison. I bet you play as an elite. if you dont you should consider it..

[Edited on 09.09.2007 11:51 PM PDT]

• 09.09.2007 11:50 PM PST

RaTiOnAl AnArChY

Check out the Woodshop!

Ok, how about we come up with a safe way? You could bore out the helmet, and then put tuna in it. The slamming of the head would then be optional.

• 09.09.2007 11:52 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Sphincter218

Go to hell.

You are comparing an animal that you KNOW is going to die around age 12-15 to a human being (brother or sister in the case you posted) which is your actual family.

What a terrible comparison. I bet you play as an elite. if you dont you should consider it..

You're an immature piece of trash. Maybe if you ever spent the time to have a connection with something else living other than yourself, you'd understand. They are VERY much comparable. It's not up to YOU to decide on how I feel.

And then you bring in Halo because you must act like an idiot over the internet to get attention apparently.

It's people like YOU that need to stay in school.

• 09.09.2007 11:53 PM PST
  • user homepage:

If I were about to die, I would want it to be with a Spartan helmet on my head.

• 09.09.2007 11:55 PM PST

Posted by: Sphincter218

Go to hell.

You're an immature piece of trash. Maybe if you ever spent the time to have a connection with something else living other than yourself, you'd understand. They are VERY much comparable. It's not up to YOU to decide on how I feel.

And then you bring in Halo because you must act like an idiot over the internet to get attention apparently.

It's people like YOU that need to stay in school.

Thanks, buddy. i go to Colorado State University so that when i graduate, i can make more money in one year than you will make in your entire life.

Who is immature? you tell me i should stay in school but i am the immature one? You are posting to a gaming internet forum that your cat died and hoping people care. You came into a topic talking about putting a helmet on a cats head, obviously as a joke, saying that the thread pissed you off as if you were forced to open the thread.

How are they very much comparable? your cat lasted 13 years. thats average life for a cat. is average life for a human 13 years? -blam!- NO. Did that cat come from the same mother as you did? i doubt it, but its possible judging by your posts. Did that cat talk to you? probably not but like i said judging by your posts you probably somehow had a conversation with it.

They are not comparable at all and its stupid for you to even compare them.

• 09.09.2007 11:57 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

(I'm going to hell)
Why yes, yes you are.

Likely at gunpoint from PETA fanatics :-O

• 09.09.2007 11:58 PM PST
  • user homepage:

I do not appreciate B.Net Group solicitation. If you ignore this and send me an invitation anyway, I will block communications with you.

While he obviously didn't give you any extra words of consolement (he did say sorry for your loss), I'm pretty sure Foman was simply reinforcing the fact that this thread is for fun. If it offended you, then you shouldn't have read it, and/or should have simply left the thread. Sucks, but don't bring seriousness where it doesn't belong.

Anyway, I'm afraid my cat's claws are made of an unknown material, immeasurable on the hardness scale. So, I think I'll be putting the helmet on my little Shorkie instead.

[Edited on 09.10.2007 12:00 AM PDT]

• 09.09.2007 11:59 PM PST