Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: The Only BR Thread
  • Subject: The Only BR Thread
Subject: The Only BR Thread
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PST

Bungie made the BR how they want it, not how the community wants it. 'Nuff Said.

• 07.01.2008 12:21 PM PST

ODST 4th Battalion

The best group on B.net

I like the br, its a good weapon the way it is

• 07.01.2008 12:21 PM PST

FLOOD

the BR is fine i dont see whats wrong with it.
its a powerful weapon that take skill to use

• 07.01.2008 12:23 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I have and will always stand by the notion that the conical spread needs to be reduced. However, the bullet distance per frame can stay the same. Leading shots at a distant target feels just... right.

• 07.01.2008 12:24 PM PST

Posted by: Achronos
Due to the incessant amount of spam and repeat posting about the topic of the design of the Battle Rifle in Halo 3, all threads about it will be locked on sight and the author warned (then banned if they keep doing it). Please discuss the BR and your thoughts in this thread and this thread alone.

For reference, Bungie's response to all comments and complaints about the design of the Battle Rifle can be found in the weekly update for June 20th, 2008.

People expecting further Bungie responses on the issue are likely to be disappointed.
So, all the well thought out posts and mountains of evidence are now considered spam?

This thread is BS. It's sole purpose is to focus all the BR complaint posts into one place where you guys can ignore them. If you think that your reasons for the spread posted in the update are a satisfactory answer to the many questions and complaints people have concerning the spread, you are mistaken.

What exactly do you guys want on the front page of your forums? All the poorly written Blood Gulch and Recon threads? Or how about that 'Brutes in Matchmaking' thread? I love how you try to keep the forums free of spam, when pretty much every thread created is a useless suggestion that you guys have already stated to be impossible. Why arn't all the armor perm threads locked? You guys have already said that no new ones will be added, and yet people keep making the threads.

Why isn't well written constructive criticism toward the BR spread allowed anymore?

• 07.01.2008 12:31 PM PST

Posted by: My awesome AR
Bungie made the BR how they want it, not how the community wants it. 'Nuff Said.
Yeah, and who plays the game?

• 07.01.2008 12:32 PM PST

Jesus Loves you

The BR is the perfect weapon in mediam range in close range the AR is ownage and long distance the sniper takes the cake and thats good cause thats what the BR is ment for med. range

• 07.01.2008 12:35 PM PST

The Br should be made more consist in an effort to elogated the skill gap between rookies and veterans.

• 07.01.2008 12:37 PM PST

Proud member and Leader of Aberrant Designs

8th Mythic Conqueror of Reach and 7th Mythic Conqueror of ODST.

Doust thou wish to anger thine ROFLKNIEF?!?

I think the br is perfect the way it is. It works like a real burst shot rifle would work. The only complaint I have is how host br is deadly accurate compared to non host but Bungie cant help that.

• 07.01.2008 12:42 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

People expecting further Bungie responses on the issue are likely to be disappointed.

Shows how much you care about the hardcore community.

• 07.01.2008 12:43 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Destinypedia - The Wiki for Bungie's Destiny
Posted by: DEATHPIMP72
Anyone but Foman. He smells like cheese.

Posted by: I Pwn Noobs69

Shows how much you care about the hardcore community.
Please. The vocal minority of people who have an intense dislike for the BR, despite their desperate attempts to claim otherwise, do not "speak for" the "hardcore community" or the "MLG Community" or any other subcommunity except the people who dislike the BR.

• 07.01.2008 12:51 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Destinypedia - The Wiki for Bungie's Destiny
Posted by: DEATHPIMP72
Anyone but Foman. He smells like cheese.

Posted by: Nokterne
Why isn't well written constructive criticism toward the BR spread allowed anymore?
Hey, a straw man within the first two pages of the thread! w00t!

• 07.01.2008 12:53 PM PST

The BR spread actually helps you in SWAT.

• 07.01.2008 12:56 PM PST

Halo Reach Academy-Now open to the public! If you find yourself in need of help this September, the HRA is the place for you. We offer in game training sessions, training videos, forum discussions and regular tournaments for Trainees. Join today!

Posted by: Pk 4 Skillz1
My thoughts:

*The BR was designed with strengths and weaknesses.
*The weaknesses were added in to offset the strengths.
*It takes skill to use the BR like JonnyOThan said.
*The BR is as effective as it was designed to be.
*Bungie DOESNT have to fix the BR because it is the way they want it to be.

So, if you don't like the BR there is one real simple solution.......................Don't Use It

In fact, the BR takes MORE skill now than it did in Halo 2. I don't see why people complain.

• 07.01.2008 12:59 PM PST

See Other Side

Posted by: PlaypetX
The BR spread actually helps you in SWAT.

Yes I have gotten a triple kill with one burst.

• 07.01.2008 1:00 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

The only people complaining about the BR is the MLG noobs because they always use it outside its effective range

• 07.01.2008 1:06 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: UberZeO666
The BR takes skill to use now. And everyone is gonna have to deal with it

Agreed. And a tip for all those who say "OMG I CAN7 SNIP W/ MAH BR ANYMOR3!!!111", if you are trying to get a long-range BR kill, just aim at the neck. It does the same amount of damage, and will be more likely to hit, as well.

[Edited on 07.01.2008 1:10 PM PDT]

• 07.01.2008 1:10 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I hope Bungie doesn't fix it. I'd lose all my aiming skills if they did.

If you suck at the BR, use somethng else. Every player with one has an even chance.

• 07.01.2008 1:15 PM PST
  • user homepage:

And the Shadow fell upon the Land, and the World was riven stone from stone. The oceans fled, and the mountains were swallowed up, and the nations were scattered to the eight corners of the World. The moon was blood, and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.

The BR is fine. Fix the spawns please.

• 07.01.2008 1:25 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

fixing the BR would ruin swat, its amazing enough as it is and Pro's bow down to it.

• 07.01.2008 1:26 PM PST

The boys at ONI and those squid heads have a lot in common. Can't understand a thing they say and they're just as good lookin.Guess they're all going to have a long talk about technical whatsits and scientific doodads when we get home.
Halo: First Strike
---Master Sergeant Avery.J.Johnson

Ouch......to all

we still love you bungie```

[Edited on 07.01.2008 1:28 PM PDT]

• 07.01.2008 1:27 PM PST

DEEP NNN = Depends

Clan 2old2pwn on 2old2play.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.

Due to the incessant amount of spam and repeat posting about the topic of the design of the Battle Rifle in Halo 3, all threads about it will be locked on sight and the author warned (then banned if they keep doing it). Please discuss the BR and your thoughts in this thread and this thread alone.

For reference, Bungie's response to all comments and complaints about the design of the Battle Rifle can be found in the weekly update for June 20th, 2008.

Man you guys are patient. All the trouble the BR-brat malcontents were throwing at this forum and you still allow a BR topic. I'd have shut the forum down and taken a week break.

I am confident that if there were any broken code Bungie would be fixing it. You'd think all the BR-brats would have figured out by now that Bungie has tested the game to death. They like to play a good game too.

Most people may have noticed all of the spam posts happening in the last day or so. It looked like an organized effort to ruin any potential enjoyment in this forum. I know I'd have Blacklisted them immediately and permanently. Sooner or later they'd get tired of making new accounts.

• 07.01.2008 1:31 PM PST

One nation, under God I 2012 NBA Champions Miami Heat
1/20/2017 Four more years of hell
___.............._______/```````````````:::--.
|.==,-.~;. ____:._______ __’__’__’_ _ _\===
|................--:---:--:--‘---:,, ,,, ,,, ,,,:---: /=
`-.,.__._._,,...---:::"

You guys are missing something very important. The BR "problem" in my opinion is very little. Let's use our resources instead to get Bungie to bring back the beta tripmine. Who's with me?

• 07.01.2008 1:37 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I supported dan91bauer on his proposition...which got deleted (*mysteriously*) and should be "The Only BR Thread". IMO The BR needs fixing , but will Bungie address this issue...doubt it. Will I stop playing Halo 3 because of the BR and its randomness and spread issues, nah its a good game (not as good as its predicesors).

• 07.01.2008 1:45 PM PST