Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: The Only BR/AR Thread
  • Subject: The Only BR/AR Thread
Subject: The Only BR/AR Thread

Industrial Strength , No Brain Required.

In term of efficiency during the battle, I'll vote for the BR for sure !

But the AR is cool tu use, particularly if you shot small bursts, and it looks great.

So, in Matchmaking I use the BR and in the campaign, I mix.

• 10.01.2011 2:41 PM PST

WHY dont people like the Battle Rifle or teh AR?

• 10.28.2011 5:43 PM PST

Life Is For My Own To Live My Own Way. <3

The Battle Rifle is the best weapon ever!!

[Edited on 11.13.2011 8:57 PM PST]

• 11.13.2011 8:57 PM PST

I always veto for AR starts.

• 12.02.2011 10:34 PM PST
Subject: The Only BR Thread

rip my pictures from your wall, tear them down and burn them all. light the fire and walk away, theres nothing left to say. take the ashes from the floor. bury them to just make sure, that nothing else is left of me... just bittersweet memories

You sir Are bad at using the BR. just aim for the head hit it a few times if you need practice play swat.

• 12.14.2011 10:36 AM PST

rip my pictures from your wall, tear them down and burn them all. light the fire and walk away, theres nothing left to say. take the ashes from the floor. bury them to just make sure, that nothing else is left of me... just bittersweet memories

Because all we really need is a Br
Posted by: Basement boy 25
The Battle Rifle is the best weapon ever!!

• 12.14.2011 10:37 AM PST
  • gamertag: Blauwk
  • user homepage:

I dont know why the AR was even put into Halo 3 and Halo Reach because most of the time i find myself wandering around the map looking for a BR to swap with. As much as people disliked it in halo 3 im shocked Bungie actually brought it back for halo reach.

• 12.22.2011 2:24 PM PST

My main xbox gamertag is Jrman16753
Do you like intelligent debating? Join secular sevens.
Do you love space and astormony join space explorers.
My name is Jordan, I like video games, books, films, history, science, politics, geography and religion.
Never stop learning and always question.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Sapere aude

Posted by: UberZeO666
The BR takes skill to use now. And everyone is gonna have to deal with it

• 12.26.2011 4:34 PM PST

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

Wow, this whole br vs ar fight is still going on?

• 12.28.2011 5:47 PM PST

Fight For Success

apparently

• 01.04.2012 8:07 AM PST

yeah how many years has it been since the fight started? 3. i dont think that its that big of a deal. the BR is amazing if you know how to use it. Same as the AR. learn how to use the thing or go find something you think is better. if you hate it so much, go play halo reach or halo cea. they dont have battle rifles.

• 01.05.2012 6:52 PM PST

O hai

It cause the AR sucks

• 01.25.2012 3:42 PM PST

I think that the BR is fine, and the AR is as good as should be. I personally think that the AR could use a little bit more accuracy, but it seems to be a formidible tool of destruction if in the right hands such as me and various others. Same goes for the BR, but I use both at the same time, for they are the most basic and reliabe weapons in the game and I am fairly effective with them.

• 02.18.2012 12:21 AM PST

AR:
Halo CE: Great all purpose weapon. Can own on almost any map in multiplayer, if the user is skilled. Works at close or medium range. Not very good in campaign.

Halo 3: Good in campaign, because of brutes replacing elites. Good in close range in multiplayer. Someone skilled in H3 AR can easily take down someone using a gravity hammer/energy sword, or shotgun.

Halo Reach: Next to useless in campaign on higher difficulties. Ok in multiplayer, but easily outclassed by plasma rifle.

BR:

Halo 2: Necessary in campaign, especially on higher difficulties. Can dominate in multiplayer, especially coupled with a good close range weapon like brute shot or energy sword.

Halo 3: Useful in campaign, but ammo is burned through fast, and there isn't very much of it. In multiplayer BR is a very good all around weapon, and it is highly recommended that one is maintained early in a match.

Spiritual Successors:

SMG:

Halo 2: In campaign, next to useless on its own, but deadly when coupled with plasma pistol/rifle. In multiplayer, very good on any close quarters map, though easily defeated by BR on any map with long sight lines.

Halo 3: In campaign, few and far between, and not as useful as in H2 because of the reduced focus on dual wielding. In multiplayer, a good substitute for the AR on close quarters maps, especially when used with a mauler.

DMR:

Halo Reach: In campaign, one of your essential tools, vital to playing through the campaign on any difficulty. In multiplayer, a true tool of destruction, though high rate of fire coupled with reticule bloom make it a weapon that takes some practice to use effectively.

• 02.26.2012 11:27 AM PST

Do I really need a signature?

I agree with many of the others, there is no problem with either of the weapons the br is good at all ranges and the ar for short to mid. So what's wrong with it?

• 03.15.2012 7:54 PM PST

Industrial Strength , No Brain Required.

For people asking themselves why they put the AR back in Halo 3:

Remember what Bungie said about the AR:

-We want the perfect respawn weapon.

That's why your default spawning weapon is the AR (easy to find, lot of ammo, average damage etc...)
If you want something better, just go for the BR.

Also I think the AR fits the Marines very well.

• 03.17.2012 5:35 AM PST

Posted by: SilentFailure
Remember what Bungie said about the AR:

-We want the perfect respawn weapon.

I diagree strongly. The AR has very limited range, making it less than ideal for a spawn weapon. I immediately switch to the pistol off of spawn.

• 03.28.2012 1:44 PM PST

Retired MM Warrior 9/20/10
My YouTube Channel.

My Halo 3 website.
100% Legit Five Star General. No boosting, no cheating, just determination and skill.
Level 50 in LW, TS, TO, TD, TB, RBTB, Squad, SWAT, MLG, Snipers, Legendary Brawl, Mythic Brawl & VDay. 48 in H2H and Living Dead. Legit 14,000+ EXP.

AR = herp a derp gameplay

You're obviously bad if you don't understand this.

• 04.25.2012 9:28 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: ShadowsKiller
AR = herp a derp gameplay

You're obviously bad if you don't understand this.

I've always hated ar cuz people just crouch w/ it and try to get an easy beatdown lmao...

• 05.04.2012 9:59 PM PST

I've seen my family fade away, You've taken my whole life left me nothing to say. Sitting in silence with heaven above me i prayed every night by their graves. I search for closure i feel it no longer i can't turn my face away. I stand before you Ive seen what I've had to but now i leave your sight to avenge my family, I've taken my whole life there's nothing left to say.

INTERNET FIGHT

• 05.10.2012 8:10 PM PST

Relax. I'd rather not piss this thing off.

-Master Chief

The AR has its advantage up close but suffers in the distance, the BR has its advantage to med to long range encounters.

• 05.27.2012 5:19 PM PST

Hello Bungie,

I cannot access any user-created content on Halo 3. I cannot view, download or play anything that is user-created or off Bungie's Favourites. I am getting a familiar message whenever I try to access any user-created content on Halo 3:

-

NOT ALLOWED
You do not have permission to save user-created content on your Xbox 360 console.

-

I think this has been happening since 2008 or 2009 now. I'm not 100% sure why this is happening but I think it stared or may of stared because I uploaded someone else's modified map onto my file share, but still I am not positively sure when and why this has happened but for whatever reasons why this is happening, I do not deserve this.

I have contacted Xbox Support and followed all their solutions but still I have the same problem. They told me to post a thread onto the your forums but couldn't because I didn't have the option to post a thread and then I was prompted to post a reply.

Please help me and reply. Please fix this so that I can access and play all user-created content on Halo.

• 06.09.2012 10:30 PM PST