Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: Script Central> GreaseGrunty; Top Topic Remover; Header Change
  • Subject: Script Central> GreaseGrunty; Top Topic Remover; Header Change
Subject: Script Central> GreaseGrunty; Top Topic Remover; Header Change

Posted by: Iggyhopper
Posted by: Bapabooiee
jQuery + Greasemonkey = Awesome + Sauce

I'm using it in my next script, we'll see how it fares.
Awesome-sauce 'em Robots?
Indeed.
xD, no Jquery for Bapa, yet =3

Javascript debuggers are fun ^_^

I only wish Chrome would allow me to "see" my user scripts in the Element Inspector (you can insert your own arbitrary code, great for testing) -- but it only works for JS included on the page, not custom user scripts.

I'm stuck using the other crappy debugger for it >=[

• 06.15.2009 3:39 PM PDT

Loading C://NAVSPECWEP/S-II/074....done

KIA during augmentation procedures. Body not recovered ?
>>ERROR: YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORIZATION TO VIEW THESE FILES<<
>>>WARNING<<< YOUR SESSION HAS BEEN LOGGED. SECURITY HAS BEEN DISPATCHED TO YOUR POSITION. CLOSE FILES IMMEDIATELY.

I was just curious if it was possible in Nav-Bar reincarnate to place your user info (Welcome <insert user here>) where it used to be in the new (new?) hawtness. Thanks everybody. :D

• 06.15.2009 3:40 PM PDT

AV=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif
BG=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif

Awesome-sauce 'em Robots?
Indeed.
xD, no Jquery for Bapa, yet =3

Javascript debuggers are fun ^_^

I only wish Chrome would allow me to "see" my user scripts in the Element Inspector (you can insert your own arbitrary code, great for testing) -- but it only works for JS included on the page, not custom user scripts.

I'm stuck using the other crappy debugger for it >=[

Use unsafeWindow, or does that not work for chrome?

• 06.15.2009 3:58 PM PDT

*humps iggy's leg*

• 06.16.2009 9:47 AM PDT

AV=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif
BG=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif

Posted by: All of humanity

*humps iggy's leg*
Ha!

All of humanity is humping my leg.

Humans are gross.

So far, tests show promising results.

• 06.16.2009 11:18 AM PDT

I tried playing with jquery but not understanding JS wasn't much fun.

• 06.16.2009 11:22 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PDT

Well, I suppose I must of accidentally uninstalled Greasemonkey, so I had to reinstall of my past GM scripts. Man was that a pain....

• 06.16.2009 2:10 PM PDT

Posted by: All of humanity

I tried playing with jquery but not understanding JS wasn't much fun.
That was a little hard for me too.

After a while, it's easy.

You can experiment easier with firebug.

The $ function is where it's at. You can select by tag, id, or class, or other various selectors. It's like CSS.

$("#MyID .MyClass ")
$("div.MyClass").

What's really fun is animating and fading.

Here is a site which might help.

Visual jQuery

If you want to create a script in which imports the jQuery API easily, use this. You can edit it and stuff, then re-host it with a new title and things.

jQuery Developer Script

I think it will work, this doesn't actually do anything (hence "Developer"), but I set it up so that it has one function and one commented line, some commands, and some other stuff.

• 06.16.2009 2:17 PM PDT

Thats Right I Was Banned For Watching The Webcams Too Much!Combat Arms - X647"He who'd walk a mile just to hold an empty hand, knows what it means to be a wealthy man."
Skin This Place Alive...

Penny Arcade Expo 2009 Countdown Clock

Bungie.net PAX 2009 Countdown
Adds PAX 2009 Countdown to the top of Bungie.net

[Edited on 06.16.2009 2:32 PM PDT]

• 06.16.2009 2:22 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: PKF_647

Works perfectly, PKF. Good script!

• 06.16.2009 2:35 PM PDT

PKF, suppose you could make a countdown to the 22nd September?

• 06.16.2009 2:47 PM PDT

Thats Right I Was Banned For Watching The Webcams Too Much!Combat Arms - X647"He who'd walk a mile just to hold an empty hand, knows what it means to be a wealthy man."
Skin This Place Alive...

Posted by: Rob Vokes
Posted by: PKF_647

Works perfectly, PKF. Good script!

Thanks, i just uploaded a newer version, it gives a link to the PAX website

• 06.16.2009 2:48 PM PDT

~B.B.

Posted by: Obi Wan Stevobi
He [me] is a tall, Nordic looking guy. He could pass as a Die Hard villain.

Games Played = Win | The WorkPLace

Well, this is more of an inside-ish joke than an actual useful script, but whatever... I'll post it anyway. =)

This script, called "The New New New Hawtness!" transforms the bungie main page from the boring layout you see now into THIS!!!

Why? Well... because Mr Farenheit had a css error and posted that pic on twitter... jokingly calling it the new bungie site update, thus, the "New New New Hawtless".

My script differs from his artist's rendering in a couple ways:
1: Instead of saying "Mr Farenhiet" and showing the flaming ninja in the top corner, it shows your Bungie.net username and avatar.
2: There is an Awesome button. When the awesome button is clicked, it creates a cookie which disables the script... Just in case you want to do something productive with your b.net session. The cookie expires when you close firefox. (Or you can manually delete it in the cookie editor -- Tools>Options>Privacy>Show Cookies. Search for a cookie called "awesome" and delete it.)

Enjoy... or something.

edit: I have a 1080p monitor... if the layout is horrible on your computer, it's because i optimized it for my resolution. On low resolution monitors, things will overlap and look horrible.

Should look something like this.

[Edited on 06.16.2009 8:39 PM PDT]

• 06.16.2009 8:27 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Skittles x
THIS!!!

XD Love this new script, Skittles.

• 06.16.2009 8:32 PM PDT
Subject: Script Central> New: Reach Screenshot Viewer; Posting Tools 4.4.1

~B.B.

Posted by: Obi Wan Stevobi
He [me] is a tall, Nordic looking guy. He could pass as a Die Hard villain.

Games Played = Win | The WorkPLace

*Group Forum Menu

*Xbox Marketplace Quick Codes

---------------------

*Group Forum Menu

---------------------

New New New Hawtness
Well, this is more of an inside-ish joke than an actual useful script, but whatever... I'll post it anyway. =)

This script, called "The New New New Hawtness!" transforms the bungie main page from the boring layout you see now into THIS!!!

Why? Well... because Mr Farenheit had a css error and posted that pic on twitter... jokingly calling it the new bungie site update, thus, the "New New New Hawtless".

My script differs from his artist's rendering in a couple ways:
1: Instead of saying "Mr Farenhiet" and showing the flaming ninja in the top corner, it shows your Bungie.net username and avatar.
2: There is an Awesome button. When the awesome button is clicked, it creates a cookie which disables the script... Just in case you want to do something productive with your b.net session. The cookie expires when you close firefox. (Or you can manually delete it in the cookie editor -- Tools>Options>Privacy>Show Cookies. Search for a cookie called "awesome" and delete it.)

Enjoy... or something.

edit: I have a 1080p monitor... if the layout is horrible on your computer, it's because i optimized it for my resolution. On low resolution monitors, things will overlap and look horrible.

Should look something like this.

------------------------------------

Learns u sum gramar
At user request I made a simple 1-liner script which fixes a "grammatical error" on the group main page. It changes "join this group" to "Join this group."

I feel it's unnecessary, but maybe some more of you would like it changed as well.

Download

Edit: I just changed it to a 2-liner... now it also fixes the actual grammatical error on the Friends page that only shows up when you have no friends. It says "Were sorry" where it should obviously say "We're sorry". It should be fixed now, but I can't know for sure... without first removing all of my friends. =)

Bungie.net Link Assimilator
Download

Have you ever sat there browsing bungie.net, wondering why it was going so slow, only to take a look a the address bar and realize that somehow you got switched over to the much slower admin.bungie.net or seventhcolumn.bungie.net instead of being on www.bungie.net where you thought you were? Well I have, and it's annoying.

After putting up with the changes for so long, mainly due to this thread and a certain moderator's (*cough* Duardo *cough*) habit of linking to admin.bungie.net all the time, I decided to write a script that changes all links on the page to the current domain that you are using.

If you are on admin.bungie.net, all links will now point to admin.bungie.net.
If you use www.bungie.net, all links will go there.

I've also included the same service for seventhcolumn.bungie.net and halo3.org, both of which can be used in place of www.bungie.net.

There is an option in the script's source code that lets you set whether you want it to change just the url or the Link text as well.

For example, if you are using seventhcolumn.bungie.net and a user posts:http://admin.bungie.net the script will change it to one of the following depending on how you have it configured:

ChangeLinkText = false;http://admin.bungie.netChangeLinkText = true;http://seventhcolumn.bungie.netBy default, ChangeLinkText is set to 'false'.

Header Change
I've made a script that changes the header on all Bungie.net pages from this to this.

Download page | Direct install

-------------------------------------

Bungie.net Natural Text Box Enhancement Tool

This Script, which I am calling the "Bungie.net Natural Text Box Enhancement Tool" (rofl), adds a link under the text input box for PMs and Forums posts that, when clicked, extends the length of the text box by 11 more lines (the number of lines the box originally has).

Please note that AmX15 actually beat me to this one, but his automatically increases the size of the text box to 500 pixels high, rather than an incremental, user-controlled size and does not work with PMs.

His script is available here.

A "Foman Version" for ridiculously long posts (5000 pixels high) is also available here.

As always, please let me know if there are any bugs with my script. Either through PM, or in here. (I'll check PMs more often.)

NOTE: I'm using it now! =]

Download screenshot to Halo 3
As you've probably noticed, there is no longer a link to download screenshots to Halo 3 in the files section. I wrote a greasemonkey script that adds the link back onto the "more details" page for the screenshot that you wish to download.

This script uses the javascript that Bungie has embedded on fileshare items that have the option to download. I copied it over to the screenshot page and it works fine. It therefore operates exactly the same as Bungie's link on the content items which have the download link on them by default.

In case my description isn't sufficient, here are a few pictures showing the script in action:
Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 | Pic 5

The script is available here.

BANNED script
I just made a simple new GM script based on Predator's post in the Avatar Art Group.

It changes the avatar of banned people in the forums to this picture. (made by Predator)

If there are any problems with it (i.e. wrong picture gets changed on certain pages) please PM me a link to the page where the error occurs and I'll find a way to fix it.

Edit: I have no idea how this works with CAVX's Coup d'Bungie script... One avatar swap will override the other... Which one takes precedence, I do not know. I don't use that script.

Posted by: Rob Vokes
THIS!!!

XD Love this new script, Skittles.

Mr Farenheit is working diligently on moar epic winsauce (crappy paint editing, lol) for this script. I'll likely be adding to it tomorrow. =)

----------------------------------------------

Group Forum Menu
At long last, here is my script -- "Group Forum Menu".

It has gone through many pre-release revisions. Originally, I was going to add the group links to the Community dropdown menu, then I was going to put a button to "jump to forum" next to each group on the groups page. After way to much screwing around and failing miserably with AJAX, I decided to go with paulmarv's suggestion and you get what you see now.

In its current form, the script will add a dropdown menu to the "Groups" link at the top right of your page. The list contains direct links to the FORUMS of your private groups.

Here's a screenshot to stare at. =)

[Edited on 12.13.2010 9:32 PM PST by Duardo]

• 06.16.2009 8:41 PM PDT
Subject: Script Central> GreaseGrunty; Top Topic Remover; Header Change

Mr Farenheit is working diligently on moar epic winsauce (crappy paint editing, lol) for this script. I'll likely be adding to it tomorrow. =)

Damn straight, lolol. I'm thinking the screw is next. lol

• 06.16.2009 8:43 PM PDT

Only Becausae I'm Awesome

Forum Tutorials --- WATCH THEM AND LEARN

I just fixed all the borked user settings for coup. So if you're noticing your script now works properly, blame me.

The unescaped <>'s i can handle (though i fixed those too). People trying to embed youtube videos as their avatars is just stupid.

[Edited on 06.16.2009 10:09 PM PDT]

• 06.16.2009 10:08 PM PDT

Does anyone even read these?

I think I'm going to keep this New New New Hawtness script, thanks Skittles!

• 06.17.2009 2:35 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

“To say more would spoil be it’s overall its a game that needs to be played.” - Aristotle

Skittles, you're insane. I don't even know what else to say.

• 06.17.2009 7:13 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

O-3 US Army Reserves AMEDD APMC
"To conserve the fighting strength!"

Posted by: Jay120171
Bobcast: the only ninja to operate an ER out of his mom's basement

There is a user named lulz who has is coup set up so that he appears as Foman. Pic

Fix?

• 06.17.2009 11:50 AM PDT

#101111011110111100001# is a '7'.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Greasemonkey Scripts
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Posted by: Alec9224
Indeed. I haven't had XBL for a long time, but I still come on her everyday.

Posted by: mr farenhiet

I like it, I like it. However, I need my Bungie Blog!

• 06.17.2009 11:58 AM PDT

Posted by: bobcast
There is a user named lulz who has is coup set up so that he appears as Foman. Pic

Fix?
Ban't.

[Edited on 06.17.2009 12:27 PM PDT]

• 06.17.2009 12:19 PM PDT

The following was copied/pasta'd from a thread I just made in the Greasemonkey's group.

New Script: Postifier

--

Yes, finally, it's done.

The premise is this: Double-click your mouse anywhere on the webpage, and new posts (either if new posts are added while you were reading, or new posts from the next page over) will be added to the current webpage.

While the script does work... I still think it needs a crap-tonne of cleanup, and probably some serious optimizations (I wrote this without a debugger or a profiler =\). And there could also potentially be some conditions that could cause this to break; such as if a user gets banned (I'm not sure how it'll react to it), or if Bungie.net creates an error page.

And try not to double-click too much, I don't think the script would like that xD

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, here it is. You can grab the script >>here<<

To try the script out, go to any thread with more than one page of replies, and scroll to the bottom, and double-click (don't do it too slowly) once. New posts should show-up momentarily.

Some things I definitely have to do is clean this script up, fix any potential error conditions, and some optimization. It didn't turn-out 100% how I would like it, but it's in a functional enough state to let others try it out, and I think it'll do just fine.

Some things I'll also want to add are some fade-in effects, and some visual feedback to what the script is doing. And also, create a link somewhere representing the next "virtual" page the user is currently on, allowing the person to quickly navigate there.

Hope you guys like this.

Thanks!

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that other scripts -- especially those that heavily modify the look/functionality of BNet -- could potentially break this script. I recommend you try turning other scripts off before trying this out.

[Edited on 06.17.2009 8:26 PM PDT]

• 06.17.2009 8:24 PM PDT

Posted by: robby118
Posted by: mr farenhiet

I like it, I like it. However, I need my Bungie Blog!

I'm crafting(drawing) that as we speak.

• 06.17.2009 8:56 PM PDT