Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: Script Central> UPDATES; reply box font; karma system; SI Theme
  • Subject: Script Central> UPDATES; reply box font; karma system; SI Theme
Subject: Script Central> UPDATES; reply box font; karma system; SI Theme

Mythic members are like people with tattoos. Just as soon as you become a Mythic member, you can kick anyone's ass. It really works.

PM Policy. By Deus_Ex_Machina

Posted by: Zombine
Posted by: Iggyhopper
Zombine and Pheonix, I think you should re-download it.

Better Pineapple.

I can't download it. It just says at the bottom "fetching user script," and never does anything. It can't actually bring up the script, or page, or anything.

EDIT: It came up after about a further 2 minutes of waiting, but popped up 3 times, when I only clicked it once.

Something's rather odd about that site you use...

EDIT 2: It doesn't show how much karma a user has now.

I'm messaging back and forth with Spriggy. He says he'll get to it shortly.

• 09.28.2009 4:49 PM PST
Subject: Script Central> reply font font; karma; SI Theme; Glass Emotion ...

We're the Flintstones kids, ten million strong and growing...

Glass Galaxies - a theme for bungie.net

Per audacia ad astra. Halo Reach | Destiny

After recently releasing a simple script to bring back the old font in the 'post reply' box, I've become slightly.. addicted to greasemonkey. ;) As such, I've decided to create something a bit more ambitious; I would like to present to you:
Glass Emotion v0.5 - a Bungie.net theme*.
As of 10.04.2009, I now have a couple of new variants:
Glass Emotion v0.5 - for screen resolutions around 1200*800.
Glass Blue v0.5 - the Glass theme with the default BNet background (edited)*.

*These themes were made with the resolution of 1680*1050 in mind. I'll try and get some more themes custom made for different resolutions; PM me to suggest a resolution

[Screenshot of Glass Emotion in action]

The aim of this theme was to create something visually pleasing, whilst steering away from the current style of Bungie.net, yet still keeping it relevant to Bungie/Halo.

The name 'glass emotion' might sound quite deep and, well, emo, but it's much simpler than that. I wanted to go for a shiny glass style, whilst using the 'emotion' Halo 3 image for the background (that image is amazing).

As for the v0.5 - I've only been creating this over the last few days, so it's still pretty early in development. Don't expect it to work with the whole of Bungie.net, as I've only tested it on a few of the more important pages. Please report any bugs to me, either in this topic or via PM.

Thanks, and enjoy :)

Edit: I should note that this was originally made for a 1680*1050 screen, so feedback/screenshots of how it looks on different resolutions would be appreciated.

Edit II: This isn't a stab at the webteam in any shape or form. I love the design of Bungie.net, I just wanted a bit of a creative challenge. :)

[Edited on 10.04.2009 7:01 AM PDT]

• 09.28.2009 4:49 PM PST
Subject: Script Central> UPDATES; reply box font; karma system; SI Theme
  •  | 
  • Fabled Legendary Member

Posted by: Manafontman

Better Pineapple.

I can't download it. It just says at the bottom "fetching user script," and never does anything. It can't actually bring up the script, or page, or anything.

EDIT: It came up after about a further 2 minutes of waiting, but popped up 3 times, when I only clicked it once.

I'm messaging back and forth with Spriggy. He says he'll get to it shortly.

Everything borks when I use it :'(

• 09.28.2009 4:50 PM PST

Thats weird it's showing everyone as neutral Karma for me now too.

• 09.28.2009 4:52 PM PST

AV=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif
BG=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif

Better Pineapple.

That's my server, it is apparently not working. I have to check my error log.

Even the karma script I currently have installed (which works, obvsly) does not show.

• 09.28.2009 5:01 PM PST

AV=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif
BG=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif

I fixed it, I'm a dummy. I now have +1 karma.

• 09.28.2009 5:04 PM PST

Posted by: Lord Snakie
EDIT 2: I've discovered the error! It doesn't work with the "Reply Box Font" script, the script that returns the reply box font to the pre-update normal. It would be AWESOME if you could make it work even with that script, Iggy, because I love having "normal" font to type in.
I don't want to seem like a script-idea-stealer, but if you open up the script of the Reply Box Font in a text editor, a make the highlighted changes:

change:
textarea {width: 526px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;}
to:
textarea {width: 526px; height: 500px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;}
(the change is in bold)

You can change the "500px" to whatever height you want, and I think that should work. Correct me if I'm wrong, or if this isn't what you wanted.

edit: also, don't want to annoy anyone, but I'd appreciate any feedback on by Glass Emotion theme (*points to second post on this page*). Apparently it has 10 downloads, but no feedback yet. :( Just knowing that it works would be more than helpful!

[Edited on 09.28.2009 5:13 PM PDT]

• 09.28.2009 5:11 PM PST

Posted by: Zoidberg25
1600x1200 looks good

• 09.28.2009 5:13 PM PST

1600x1200 looks good
Awesome, thanks :)

• 09.28.2009 5:14 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

“To say more would spoil be it’s overall its a game that needs to be played.” - Aristotle

I don't want to seem like a script-idea-stealer, but if you open up the script of the Reply Box Font in a text editor, a make the highlighted changes:

change:
textarea {width: 526px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;}
to:
textarea {width: 526px; height: 500px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;}
(the change is in bold)

You can change the "500px" to whatever height you want, and I think that should work. Correct me if I'm wrong, or if this isn't what you wanted.

Well, changing it to that makes the text box increase size from the start by about 2-3 normal enlargements, which makes a lot of bright white light hit my eyeballs, which happens to give me migraines. Yes, I know that sounds horrible, but you get what I mean.

Also, the text box doesn't enlarge further after that point.

No, no, this won't work. I can't just have a super-huge text box at the beginning in place of a constantly increasing text box, I'd get migraines ALL the time. :\

• 09.28.2009 5:19 PM PST

Ohhh, I didn't realise that cavx/iggy's script automatically enlarges the text box. That's awesome.

But yeah, 500px was just a fugly example.

• 09.28.2009 5:23 PM PST
  • user homepage:

“To say more would spoil be it’s overall its a game that needs to be played.” - Aristotle

Ohhh, I didn't realise that cavx/iggy's script automatically enlarges the text box. That's awesome.

But yeah, 500px was just a fugly example.

Well, it doesn't do it from the start, but it does do it as you type. I don't know why changing that made it do it from the start, or made it not work beyond that. I don't understand much about scripting.

All I need is somebody to love me and fix this goddam script for me. :(

• 09.28.2009 5:57 PM PST

and?

It's one or the other.

hahah

• 09.28.2009 8:27 PM PST

and?

It's one or the other.

hahah
I need a hug... and my coup has been acting kinda jumpy lately taking a while to load my avatar but i am only using 3 scripts, is there something i can do to give it a boost?

• 09.28.2009 8:31 PM PST

Posted by: li archangel il
I need a hug... and my coup has been acting kinda jumpy lately taking a while to load my avatar but i am only using 3 scripts, is there something i can do to give it a boost?
Resize it.

Oh, it's already pretty small. Well IDK, it should have cached so you wont have to rely on the photobucket server so much.

[Edited on 09.28.2009 8:45 PM PDT]

• 09.28.2009 8:43 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Talk to the Soul | ~B.B. | Know Your Duardo |  | Hero | ISFJ | 77135 | 94371

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

...did you try putting it above/below the script before coming to your conclusions?Posted by: Lord Snakie
Well, as per Lord Snack Pack's request. I have fixed the text box enhancement.

Textbox Enhancement

It is a little buggy with the quote button, but it does work. Not sure if it works for messages yet, but I think it does.

You're awesome Iggy!

Trust me, if something doesn't work, you will know about it. Quickly.

>.>

EDIT: Oh, wonderful, it doesn't work for me at all. -.-

EDIT 2: I've discovered the error! It doesn't work with the "Reply Box Font" script, the script that returns the reply box font to the pre-update normal. It would be AWESOME if you could make it work even with that script, Iggy, because I love having "normal" font to type in.

• 09.28.2009 9:12 PM PST

Posted by: Duardo
...did you try putting it above/below the script before coming to your conclusions?Posted by: Lord Snakie
Well, as per Lord Snack Pack's request. I have fixed the text box enhancement.

Textbox Enhancement

It is a little buggy with the quote button, but it does work. Not sure if it works for messages yet, but I think it does.

You're awesome Iggy!

Trust me, if something doesn't work, you will know about it. Quickly.

>.>

EDIT: Oh, wonderful, it doesn't work for me at all. -.-

Mine works. Try Duardo's fix by moving the script. :)

• 09.29.2009 6:25 AM PST

All our dreams come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.

Posted by: Harlow
Davey is beyond any shadow of a doubt that red haired F-Blam!- tryhard that would always keep you from seeing the Deku Tree.

[16:45] kalriq: because you're a living legend --<3

Just PM Duardo. ^.^

• 09.29.2009 7:17 AM PST
  • user homepage:

...did you try putting it above/below the script before coming to your conclusions?

Of course I did, I'm not a noob script-user-guy. It still doesn't work. I dunno why. I just know it doesn't. :\

• 09.29.2009 1:47 PM PST

...did you try putting it above/below the script before coming to your conclusions?

Of course I did, I'm not a noob script-user-guy. It still doesn't work. I dunno why. I just know it doesn't. :\

I'm offended. I'm a noob-script-user-guy. :|

• 09.29.2009 2:33 PM PST

Mythical Group

There is no greater catharsis than arguing on the Flood.

I fixed it, I'm a dummy. I now have +1 karma.

So, what was wrong? Something like since you were hogging all the karma points the system didn't know what to do with new assignments? :)

[Edited on 09.29.2009 3:21 PM PDT]

• 09.29.2009 3:21 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Each of us is entitled to our own opinions on music. There is ignorant rap and then there is intellectual rap, just as there is ignorant rock and intellectual rock. Even the "ignorant" artists can sometimes be intellectuals, and even the "intellectuals" can be ignorant. The worst thing you can do is be a bigot about music. If it doesn't have any affect on you, then listen to something else. But don't insult someone because their choice in music is not your own. THAT is ignorant.

Getting a 404 error with the Old Fashioned Sigs
:(

• 09.29.2009 6:58 PM PST

After recently releasing a simple script to bring back the old font in the 'post reply' box, I've become a bit more.. addicted to greasemonkey. ;) As such, I've decided to create something a bit more ambitious; I would like to present to you: Glass Emotion v0.5 - a Bungie.net theme.
Great job on this BNet theme! I truly love it already!

Also, I'll make sure to report to you via PM with any bugs or problems I find along the way with this theme activated. : )

• 09.29.2009 7:23 PM PST

Posted by: Phoenix9508
So, what was wrong? Something like since you were hogging all the karma points the system didn't know what to do with new assignments? :)
No, since some people still tried to karma others, and you didn't load the actual karma. It sent it to my server as 0 + whatever you added (1 or something). So, 1.

• 09.29.2009 7:53 PM PST

GT/Steam: Squiggy888
I try my best to block out the screams
But they're haunting me in my dreams
Please, break my shackles, I want it to stop

Posted by: Covy Killer
Sergeant Explosion and The Quiet Day in London.

My message user button won't say anything.

• 09.29.2009 8:07 PM PST