Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: Script Central> All GM Scripts Here!
  • Subject: Script Central> All GM Scripts Here!
Subject: Script Central> All GM Scripts Here!

Hi.

So where can I download the current Coup again..?

My computer messed up today and I had to System Restore and that deleted all of my Chrome stuff..

Edit-

v Thank you! v

[Edited on 02.22.2011 8:26 PM PST]

• 02.22.2011 8:09 PM PST

I'd like to be half-man half-tree in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Posted by: Zomechin

My computer messed up today and I had to System Restore and that deleted all of my Chrome stuff..
Check the Coup group, it's in one of the stickies.

• 02.22.2011 8:10 PM PST

AV=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif
BG=http://avatar.coolclip.ru/albums/Avatars/Avatars%2090x90/A vatars_90x90_022.gif

Posted by: Deathtrap462
Posted by: Zomechin

Check the Coup group, it's in one of the stickies.
You can also check the articles.

It has a public one for a quick download and faq.

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/coupdbungie/Group/Resources/Art icle.aspx?cid=532099

[Edited on 02.22.2011 11:24 PM PST]

• 02.22.2011 11:22 PM PST

Userscripts: {
  Shi Options: [Chrome, Firefox],
  Coup-5: [Chrome, Firefox, Opera]
}

Another update to Shi Options.

Current features
* Reload the topic view every 10 seconds.

* Thread previewing.

* Load new pages of replies when you scroll to the bottom of the page in a thread, or click the 'load next' button.

* Parse image, YouTube, SVG, audio and video URLs to embedded objects.

* Hide topics.

* Show the URL on hover.

* Options bar with quickly accessible options and changeable position.

* Private message notification.

* Options to turn off or limit features.

Images
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9499/screenshot2mm.png

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3145/screenshot3jx.png

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9011/screenshot6dm.png

New features - version 2.1
+ Added thread previews and the option to make it preview all threads on load, preview separate threads or none.

+ Changed the location of the options bar. It is now fixed and at the bottom of your screen. It can also be hidden.

+ Private message notification. A fixed box that appears when you receive a message, and displays the title of the message, username of the sender and the time and date it was sent.

+ Added an option to disable reply loading when you scroll to the bottom of the window.

New features - version 2.5
+ Bar location is changeable.

+ Topic previews can be expanded to the full thread. Options for what topics to preview.

+ Parse URLs after load. Choose which pages to parse URLs on.

+ Toggle the private message notification on and off.

New features - version 2.6
+ Option to only preview six topics instead of all or no pinned or top.

New features - version 2.7
+ Trimmed the code slightly.

+ Parsed URL elements and elements created with the script within loaded replies or threads now function as they should.

New features - version 2.8
+ Added thread hiding, replaced pinned thread hiding with this.

+ Additional option when expanding threads, instant full topic, or preview like before.

Protip: Parsing URLs can make your browser slow during the time it is parsing, therefore, loading in previews while parsing URLs is enabled for topic-view, can make your browser a bit slow temporarily.

Firefox: Shi_options.user.js
Chrome: Shi_options.crx
Might work with other browsers (Opera, Safari) but I haven't tested the script with them.

Also, Chrome users who have version 2.6 or earlier installed have to delete the old script and install the latest one. Lost the PEM because of a failed data backup.

Edit: updated to version 2.8.

[Edited on 08.06.2012 12:14 PM PDT]

• 02.23.2011 3:49 PM PST
Subject: .

The world is not beautiful: And that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.

~Kino's Journey

so how many of these work for (google)chrome?

• 02.25.2011 8:52 PM PST

Five years older and wiser
The fires are burning, I'm fire, never tire
Slay warriors in the forests, and on hire

Posted by: DarkJet7

At the time most of these scripts were written Chrome had bad or no support for scripts. So, a rare few work fully unless purposely written for Chrome.

• 02.25.2011 9:13 PM PST

~Kino's Journey

Posted by: ApocalypeX

At the time most of these scripts were written Chrome had bad or no support for scripts. So, a rare few work fully unless purposely written for Chrome.

guess i'm going to have to switch to fire fox *sigh*

• 02.25.2011 9:43 PM PST

If somebody's opinion is being smashed and nobody's helping, I try and help. I use logic and extensive vocabulary (and sometimes self-destructive circular reasoning) to confuse my enemies into submission. Fear me, trolling, fapping creatures of the night. For I. Am your worst nightmare.

It's not that bad. I switched to FF so I could use Coup and I've gotten along fine. It should give you the option to transfer most of your saved data (Favorites, Homesite, etc.) so you don't have much to worry about there.

• 02.25.2011 9:52 PM PST

Or you could just ask for someone to port the script...

• 02.26.2011 8:05 AM PST

Left here a long time ago.

If the userscript uses @require or any GM_ functions, then it cannot be ported to Chrome as these things are still unsupported. (Such a scenario is highly likely; @require is often used to load jQuery, and any script that needs to save data without risking data loss will use GM_getValue and GM_setValue.) Someone would have to convert it into a Google Chrome Extension.

Which is absolutely, absolutely not worth the trouble. They'd have to rewrite the entire script to work with Chrome's indescribably-pathetic API. The limitations are enormous; most Greasemonkey functions (including ANYTHING that needs to operate with on-page JavaScript in ANY WAY) would be unable to function in any capacity if converted to Chrome Extensions.

Basically, most userscripts can't be made Chrome-compatible (or would be exceedingly difficult) because Chrome decided to do things their own way, and their own way... Well, it sucks. Hard.

[Edited on 02.26.2011 11:58 AM PST]

• 02.26.2011 11:56 AM PST

Posted by: DavidJCobb
If the userscript uses @require or any GM_ functions, then it cannot be ported to Chrome as these things are still unsupported. (Such a scenario is highly likely; @require is often used to load jQuery, and any script that needs to save data without risking data loss will use GM_getValue and GM_setValue.) Someone would have to convert it into a Google Chrome Extension.

Which is absolutely, absolutely not worth the trouble. They'd have to rewrite the entire script to work with Chrome's indescribably-pathetic API. The limitations are enormous; most Greasemonkey functions (including ANYTHING that needs to operate with on-page JavaScript in ANY WAY) would be unable to function in any capacity if converted to Chrome Extensions.

Basically, most userscripts can't be made Chrome-compatible (or would be exceedingly difficult) because Chrome decided to do things their own way, and their own way... Well, it sucks. Hard.

Why are you telling me this? I've spent a year+ doing this stuff. And you are wrong, there are alternatives to GM functions. GM_*Value = localStorage, GM_XHTR = XHTP, GM_addStyle = Simple javascript to add css etc.

It's laziness and lack of time. Most of the old scripts don't even work so there is no point in me saying "Oh today I will spend my day porting over scripts!!! YAY!". If someone asked me to, I would, e.g. Duardo asked me to port Posting Tools to Chome, bam done. All the GM_functions I switched to chrome compatible ones.

Chrome's API doesn't suck it's just userscripts weren't intended for Chrome when they where invented, heck Chrome didn't even exist. You should be happy chrome even supports them because it doesn't really have to since it supports extensions which are far more superior to addons or GM userscripts.

/rant

• 02.26.2011 12:39 PM PST

Why are you telling me this? I've spent a year+ doing this stuff. And you are wrong, there are alternatives to GM functions. GM_*Value = localStorage, GM_XHTR = XHTP, GM_addStyle = Simple javascript to add css etc.
Yes, because I am supposed to know exactly who you are and what your expertise is. Over the Internet. On the forum equivalent of New York City, size-wise. :-|

/rant
I suppose that my rant -- much like your response rant -- was... out of place. I've had quite a few frustrations when working on a site that needed to be Chrome-compatible -- it has almost as many irritating idiosyncrasies as Internet Explorer! -- and my rant was posted minutes after abandoning a hopelessly convulated attempt at making my own userscript Chrome-compatible. Shouldn't have let my irritation slip into this thread. My bad.

I hope this works:

[/e-drama]

[Edited on 02.26.2011 1:03 PM PST]

• 02.26.2011 1:03 PM PST

Posted by: DavidJCobb
Yes, because I am supposed to know exactly who you are and what your expertise is. Over the Internet. On the forum equivalent of New York City, size-wise. :-|

/rant
I suppose that my rant -- much like your response rant -- was... out of place. I've had quite a few frustrations when working on a site that needed to be Chrome-compatible -- it has almost as many irritating idiosyncrasies as Internet Explorer! -- and my rant was posted minutes after abandoning a hopelessly convulated attempt at making my own userscript Chrome-compatible. Shouldn't have let my irritation slip into this thread. My bad.

I hope this works:

[/e-drama]

Read the OP.

You shouldn't bother with userscripts for chrome. Write an extension instead. You can use the same code and just change the parts that are GM/FF dependant to a Chrome alternative.

• 02.26.2011 1:13 PM PST

MLG = Man Lacking Girlfriend

lolbloom
lolarmourlock
lolreach

Is there a sent box extension for chrome?

• 02.26.2011 1:15 PM PST

Read the OP.

You shouldn't bother with userscripts for chrome. Write an extension instead. You can use the same code and just change the parts that are GM/FF dependant to a Chrome alternative.
I did read the OP. I tried for Chrome compatibility as a service to my users. I just failed at it. :P

• 02.26.2011 2:28 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

i=(function(){return void(0);})();

var postID57110357 = {};
postID57110357.question="Can undefined be redefined?";

• 02.28.2011 10:38 AM PST

Posted by: JavaScript
var postID57110357 = {};
postID57110357.question="Can undefined be redefined?";
Yes, it can. undefined isn't a special constant (like most people think), it's literally just an ordinary variable name that hasn't been given a value yet. No more special than "a" or "foo".

If you need to ensure, for any given function, that undefined actually is undefined, then do this:

var undefined;

• 02.28.2011 5:46 PM PST
Subject: Script Central> New: Reach Screenshot Viewer; Posting Tools 4.4.1
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: x Foman123 x
Posted by: jaythenerdkid
I definitely believe every wildly inflated claim ITT.

Weow kid, do you even lift?

Posted by: dazarobbo
Live Post Preview
Daza, this is honestly the coolest thing you've ever done, well, the only cool thing you've ever done..

Seriously man.. 10/10 for this one. I actually reckon this is amazing.

• 03.02.2011 2:54 AM PST

~Kino's Journey

it won't let me download the hawtbar it just says error 404 and stuff

also, i love that scipt davidjcobb

[Edited on 03.03.2011 7:06 PM PST]

• 03.03.2011 7:04 PM PST

~Kino's Journey

and now i can't get navbar reincarnate 2

• 03.03.2011 7:23 PM PST
Subject: Script Central> New: Reach Screenshot Viewer; Posting Tools 4.4.1

Posted by: Mike Huntt
Live Post Preview
Daza, this is honestly the coolest thing you've ever done, well, the only cool thing you've ever done..

You must have not seen the mans other works. Bnet Mobile and Thread ratings are master pieces.

• 03.04.2011 5:02 AM PST

Does thread ratings still work? And was it used by a lot of other users?
Live Post Preview

You must have not seen the mans other works. Bnet Mobile and Thread ratings are master pieces.

• 03.04.2011 1:04 PM PST

Posted by: relliK42
Does thread ratings still work? And was it used by a lot of other users?
Live Post Preview

It has been down for a few months (almost half a year I think). I know a few did. Really helped stop me from raging at stupid threads as I couldn't see them ;)

• 03.04.2011 3:46 PM PST

I fixed a bug where you couldn't message yourself.

Script: Message Self

• 03.05.2011 1:52 PM PST

Knocked this up just before. If someone wants to give it a try, be my guest.

Link Warning for Firefox

Much like that old Shock Site Alert script I made, but a bit more concise.

In a nutshell: if a link is posted (within a post) that leads to a host that is not within the Bungie Network (see the top of the page), you'll get a confirmation box popup asking if you still want to go there.

Should be pretty simple to port it to Chrome if someone wants to do it.

• 03.06.2011 1:15 AM PST