Halo 3: ODST Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Halo ODST sucks!
  • Subject: Halo ODST sucks!
Subject: Halo ODST sucks!

When Marines can't do it, and there ain't no Spartan to save the day... Only the ODST's are up for the job.

I like the game for the subtle character development between Vergil and Rookie. It was good story and it should be praised trying out some new stuff.

• 10.27.2012 6:33 PM PST

Posted by: RookieRules
I like the game for the subtle character development between Vergil and Rookie. It was good story and it should be praised trying out some new stuff.

Agree story was good ... and a nice way of delivering it (including the terminal throw back to past bungie games) ... but it should have been let to have a life of its own (like reach) - not just try and cash in on an already successful brand.

It just cheapens the final product ... plus leads people into false expectations & judgements.

• 10.28.2012 5:45 AM PST

Easter Egg Hunter. Apprentice Tricker/Glitcher (learning from Grumpy and Sliding Ghost).

Trying to get Waypoint to update Halo 3 stats in detail like here. Now no one can see that my Halo 3 Spartan no longer looks like my Reach Spartan.

Really want to be a Heroic member or have a title. :/

This is a game that Bungie didn't have a long time to make. And it was pretty good. And how about paragraphs instead of a wall of text next time?

• 11.04.2012 10:59 AM PST

Posted by: KaneXX12
This is a game that Bungie didn't have a long time to make. And it was pretty good.

reach took longer, and turned out far worse.

Guess length doesnt always count.

• 11.05.2012 3:35 AM PST

I appreciate your thoughtful comments.
Posted by: Dark Hunter21
OP, I would just like to inform you Bungie just wanted to make this an expansion. It was an M$ idea to make it a separate game.
At the time, paying 60$ for a smaller Campaign and everything else would have seemed like a ripoff, and your initial anger is extremely justified. However, its a wonderful game, and since I had been against (and still am) any paid online form of DLC, it gave me a chance to try ALL of Halo 3 maps.

• 11.05.2012 7:49 AM PST

I do still monitor it. I will also be posting my thoughts about Halo 4 soon. I think this is a great discussion minus all the children on here.
Posted by: Water Beetle
It mainly continues because it was recently discovered that Easy1JM stil monitors it.

Guys, he's never going to accept our reasons why ODST is good, and we won't accept his reasons for it being bad. Just let this thread die, no good will come out of it.

• 11.05.2012 7:51 AM PST

Easter Egg Hunter. Apprentice Tricker/Glitcher (learning from Grumpy and Sliding Ghost).

Trying to get Waypoint to update Halo 3 stats in detail like here. Now no one can see that my Halo 3 Spartan no longer looks like my Reach Spartan.

Really want to be a Heroic member or have a title. :/

Posted by: Oh GodLike One
This is a game that Bungie didn't have a long time to make. And it was pretty good.

reach took longer, and turned out far worse.

Guess length doesnt always count.

I don't see the big deal about Reach. I like Reach and I'm proud. The only thing I don't like are AA's and poor ally AI.

• 11.05.2012 2:14 PM PST

I like Reach and I'm proud.

So YOUR the one - lol

• 11.06.2012 3:12 AM PST

Life is like a house of cards; eventually some ass is going to knock it down.

I'd have to say that personally, it isn't my favorite Halo title. However, saying it sucks is nothing more than an opinion. And like others have said, you get all of the Halo 3 maps (which, by the way, still are not free) as well as Firefight, and a campaign that has quite a different feel to it. (Which is not necessarily bad.)

• 11.06.2012 11:26 AM PST

Agree, even though ODST started out as an expansion pack it still ended up having a long list of features ... more than we go with reach for example.

Add to that the price point was better, but guess you could put that down to reach beinging over priced and over hyped.

The main issue with both games was trying to hook them into the halo brand ... they are more like a spin off series - missing the actual halo ring and MC to start with. Same thing happens with those cheap TV popular shows which then launch an unrelated spinoff series, and then flop.

• 11.06.2012 3:15 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

-Gandalf

This thread is STILL here? O_o

• 12.03.2012 12:16 PM PST

Posted by: Decimator Omega
This thread is STILL here? O_o

Thought the same ... once reach got released - the king of crap/sucky games - that everything else would shine like new.

lol reach.
either stick with the MC story, or stick with ODST ... whats with the 'bungie got bored, lets make some new characters'.

• 12.04.2012 4:09 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Lol, keep this thread going guys.

• 12.16.2012 12:56 PM PST

Posted by: Michael Balzary
Lol, keep this thread going guys.

What ... and keep ODST sucks as the top forum topic ?!?

• 12.17.2012 2:41 AM PST
  • user homepage:

I beat the campaign on normal.

• 12.28.2012 10:36 AM PST

Foday Church
>He wonders why we're here...
"Magic Touch" Received 10/29/11 due to this thread
Twitta: @St3p_R1ppin

Posted by: Elegiac
I beaten it on Legendary solo ;)

Overall, ODST was a great game. Best Halo storyline in my opinion, for the first time... you got to play/witness the other members of the squad in their eyes and Firefight was a good add-on too (which you said nothin about).

• 12.29.2012 12:18 AM PST

Posted by: SasukeFKay

Overall, ODST was a great game. Best Halo storyline in my opinion, for the first time... you got to play/witness the other members of the squad in their eyes and Firefight was a good add-on too (which you said nothin about).

Played it on Normal the first pass through ... as I wanted to get into the buzz around firefight (yeah, know you dont have to, but wanted to get into the characters).

Sadly, found firefight disappointing.
Did like the campaign though. Found the story telling different and characters refreshing ... something reach should have picked up on (rather than trying to be some MC replacement).

• 12.29.2012 7:06 PM PST

This forum post is 3 years old and still going. Wow.

• 12.29.2012 9:17 PM PST
  • user homepage:

t3hAvenger77 - XBL (BF3, ME3, Blops)
decla1mer104 - Origin (BF3)
Steam

Posted by: SasukeFKay

Same here!

I love the atmosphere in ODST's Firefight, something Reach cannot recreate.

• 12.29.2012 11:13 PM PST

Posted by: ThirstyAvenge
.... something Reach cannot recreate.

Please - never use lolreach as a baseline for any positive comparison.

• 12.30.2012 3:55 AM PST

Posted by: x Foman123 x

Posted by: TH3_AV3NG3R
What house has a rocket pod, has legs, and has a long narrow barrel that probably shoots something powerful?

Sounds like you're describing the lower half of my body, actually.

I agree. It should have stayed a regular expansion pack like in the beginning but it doesn't stop people trying to defend the game, being a obvious cash grab.

• 01.06.2013 9:34 PM PST

Blame teh MS.

I agree. It should have stayed a regular expansion pack like in the beginning but it doesn't stop people trying to defend the game, being a obvious cash grab.

• 01.07.2013 12:07 AM PST

Posted by: x Foman123 x

What house has a rocket pod, has legs, and has a long narrow barrel that probably shoots something powerful?

Sounds like you're describing the lower half of my body, actually.

Posted by: Thundastruck
Blame teh MS.

I do.

• 01.07.2013 12:08 AM PST

Survive until the red dawn rises, when we have spilled the blood of our enemies.

*Breaks into song* why dont you cry me a river.

• 01.07.2013 12:49 PM PST

Survive until the red dawn rises, when we have spilled the blood of our enemies.

stop...being...annoying...everywhere

• 01.07.2013 12:50 PM PST