Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: A Guide To Being A Successful Troll
  • Subject: A Guide To Being A Successful Troll
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: A Guide To Being A Successful Troll

Got it remade, thanks mods.

Nice Troll Is Nice

You must always be nice, never flaming anyone on the Forums about rank, member title, or spelling. It all means nothing. If you are a mean troll, you will be banned.

Funny Troll Is Funny

You can be funny, but you must do it in a manner that hurts no one and when I say no one, I mean anybody at all.
No "Playing for fun is for noobs" threads of "How could you not have a 50" threads, these are all bad and will get you banned automatically. You must talk about topics that are unique, funny, and broad, nothing is pin-pointed too much at anything specific. If you follow this, you'll get lots of replies and no bans!

Informative Troll Is Informative

Even though you are trolling, that doesn't mean you should help out your fellow Bungie members with whatever problems they have, or contribute to a topic. By contributing to topics intelligently people start to like you, and think of you as not just a funny person, but a nice, and helpful person also. Moderators will respect you for bringing a hint of fun to the community, while still being able to contribute, and not just take up space in the Forums.

Educated Troll Is Educated

Before ever posting a topic in any Forum, you must read the Forum rules. Read them thouroughly, so that you can make sure to remember "Oh, this isn't allowed, better delete that." If you do so, you will not be banned, but instead praised, for good spelling, keeping it clean, and helping out your fellow members of Bungie.net.

Links to Forum Rules.

Halo 3 Forum Rules

Optimatch Forum Rules

Halo 3: ODST Forum Rules

Bungie Universe Forum Rules

Bungie Community Forum Rules

The Flood Forum Rules

Successful Troll Is Successful

If you follow these tips while trolling, you should actually be OK with the Moderators, Community, and Bungie Employees, make sure you read all of the Forum Rules, and please, don't spam the forums like crazy...

-Keep it Clean!

[Edited on 10.19.2009 7:22 AM PDT]

• 10.19.2009 7:21 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member

“Strange,” mused the Director, as they turned away, “strange to think that even in Our Ford’s day most games were played without more apparatus than a ball or two and a few sticks and perhaps a bit of netting. imagine the folly of allowing people to play elaborate games which do nothing whatever to increase consumption.”

The Black Chapter!

but if you do all that, you aren't a troll.

• 10.19.2009 7:30 AM PDT

Posted by: Telec

In my world, you are. And yes, up is down.

• 10.19.2009 7:31 AM PDT

Known by some, but not by all.
Soffish: Do not eat!
TWP Assistant Director.

Posting in epic thread! Seriously though, a little humor in good taste can be a good thing. I, for one, do not take anything personally here on the B.net. That eliminates a lot of trouble right there. I find that if I am respectful of other members, the same is given.

• 10.19.2009 7:35 AM PDT

Posted by: Delta 15t
Posting in epic thread! Seriously though, a little humor in good taste can be a good thing. I, for one, do not take anything personally here on the B.net. That eliminates a lot of trouble right there. I find that if I am respectful of other members, the same is given.
Still though. I don't like when people mention my name in bad threads. I don't know why... It makes me feel bad ):.

• 10.19.2009 7:38 AM PDT

Have an addicition? Join Gamers Anon

Posted by: urk
Then there are the people who poop in the mash potatoes. Those people get launched out on their asses.

Ha!! With this guide, So many users will do it right now.

• 10.19.2009 7:38 AM PDT

Hasn't this thread been made before?

• 10.19.2009 8:03 AM PDT

The legend lives on.

Hypermnesia n An exceptionally exact or vivid memory, especially as associated with certain mental illnesses.

Sapphire.

People call me a troll quite often. They don't realize that I'm not even trying...

• 10.19.2009 8:06 AM PDT

Posted by: David iZ Mental

Did you read the top?

• 10.19.2009 8:20 AM PDT

Posted by: jfarag95
Posted by: David iZ Mental

Did you read the top?

O know... lol.

I'm sorry. Great guide.

• 10.19.2009 8:28 AM PDT

Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth, you'd get a lot of free games.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

I've been doing it that way for years.

• 10.19.2009 8:34 AM PDT

I'm 23, I have a house, dog, girlfriend, job and I have no interest in any fanboyism so if you're thinking about sending me a childish PM, don't be surprised when I don't call back.

Troll!!

• 10.19.2009 8:35 AM PDT

Sounds more like the characteristics of a valued member than a troll. Is this like one of those after school programs like D.A.R.E?

Cuz Mcgruff the crime dog was awesome.

[Edited on 10.19.2009 8:54 AM PDT]

• 10.19.2009 8:52 AM PDT

You will be missed.
My YouTube Channel
---------------------------------
"See what I did there?"
"I can hear you caring."
---------------------------------
Dont get too wrapped up in the Internet. It's already forgotten about you.

Posted by: Top_Gun_2021
I've been doing it that way for years.

• 10.19.2009 9:27 AM PDT

Great thread..

=)

• 10.19.2009 9:52 AM PDT

Signatures are for losers.

Posted by: Jedyarf
Nice! Someone should write a spamming guide, too. I'd read that.

• 10.19.2009 10:11 AM PDT

Clearly because the desktop uses a 3 prong plug and a laptop uses a 2 prong plug, the microwave will fill your car with tostitos better

Posted by: Inb4Lock

So are people who flame, overuse meme's and make new accounts every day called "contributing members of the community"?

• 10.19.2009 10:52 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Crimson Clover

Posted by: Xx Mr Bill xX

So are people who flame, overuse meme's and make new accounts every day called "contributing members of the community"?

Well they are contributing, just not in a positive way.

But this thread is backwards anyway.

• 10.19.2009 11:01 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

This thread is so fantastically meta. I love it. <3

• 10.19.2009 11:08 AM PDT

Posted by: Xx Mr Bill xX

I know his main, and he has posted here already.

I'll let you guys discuss and conspire
:)

• 10.19.2009 11:43 AM PDT

No signature found. Click here to change this.

Inb4Lock's troll is not a troll

If your kind of troll is educated, and follows the forum rules, they wouldn't be trolling at all, now would they? I mean, considering the rules say that trolling is prohibited.

• 10.19.2009 1:40 PM PDT

gtfo

Thank you.

• 10.19.2009 1:41 PM PDT

Known by some, but not by all.
Soffish: Do not eat!
TWP Assistant Director.

Posted by: Delta 15t
Still though. I don't like when people mention my name in bad threads. I don't know why... It makes me feel bad ):.

I admit it irks me also. Well it did in the past. I just don't put myself in that position any more.

One thing that I most definitely follow is what Achronos has said in the past.

"Replying to a troll or spammer is just as bad as the troll/ spammer himself."

Of course he is talking about someone who is breaking the rules. Where as you are not, I think.

• 10.19.2009 1:44 PM PDT

Troll troll is troll?

• 10.19.2009 1:45 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2