Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: Final 1.09 installer is ready to validate
  • Subject: Final 1.09 installer is ready to validate
Subject: Final 1.09 installer is ready to validate
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

r : w )

The final patches for PC and CE 1.09 are ready and available for download. This is the same build you've had for a few weeks if you've been following the thread, only the installer-wrapper is added. If people report success installing these patches, they will go up for auto-update soon, which should help unify the playerbase on the new version.

This is also the first time we've added a "Bungie, LLC" digital signature to anything (instead of going through the Microsoft internal tool for doing that) so let me know if you see anything wrong there.

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/patch_109.exe

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/patch_ce109.e xe

Remember to re-apply the instructions in the Anisotropic Filtering thread if you did before the patch, as this config.txt will overwrite your changes. If you don't know what I mean, you don't have to worry about it.

• 11.02.2009 7:15 PM PDT

Sawnose single handily updating Halo PC, one patch at a time

• 11.02.2009 7:21 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Elder Legendary Member

Yes, I am a hypocrite, and I'm sorry. I really do mean well, but I'm not running on all cylinders.

Everytime someone buys a copy of Halo 2 Vista, a puppy dies.

Thanks, sawnose.

• 11.02.2009 7:51 PM PDT

"Are you ninja?" "No. Turtle"

I downloaded the patches and Halo 1 pc m.p works fine but with the Halo CE I didn't get any servers listed. Will this change when everyone gets the patch?

I'm new to halo on the PC and it much appreciated that you are still working on this great game.

• 11.02.2009 8:07 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member
  • user homepage:

Champion.

• 11.02.2009 8:41 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member
  • gamertag: Btcc22
  • user homepage:

Installed fine once I updated my EXE path. It'd only been out of date for a good few years. ;)

Thanks for that!

Posted by: sawnose
This is also the first time we've added a "Bungie, LLC" digital signature to anything (instead of going through the Microsoft internal tool for doing that) so let me know if you see anything wrong there.

Now to wonder if we'll be seeing that signature put to use on future products. ;)

• 11.02.2009 9:00 PM PDT

Thanks sawnose :)

• 11.02.2009 9:08 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PDT

Awesome, thanks for the little update Sawnose! Any kind of ETA on when it will hit the auto update servers?

@Ortilochus: You're most likely not seeing any Halo CE servers because, as you said, no one is updated yet.

Edit: After installing this and trying it out on Halo CE I'm getting a problem. When I try to join a game via "Internet" I'm told that there is an update available and I must install it now. However the update that I'm being told to download is version 1.08!

I was able to update my GameServers.com dedicated server by uploading "haloceded.exe" and "Strings.dll" after manually updating to 1.09, and I am able to connect using Direct IP. I am not able to connect using the server browser due to the "1.08 update is available" issue I mentioned above.

[Edited on 11.03.2009 2:32 AM PST]

• 11.03.2009 2:17 AM PDT

Eternal Refuge Remains Out Of Reach. (Reclaimercomic.com)
Join the Unmatched Photographers if you want help with your screenshots.
If you enjoy making maps, then Forever Forgers is for you!!!

Haha, thanks man. I'm surprised this game is still getting more attention that Halo 2v :D

• 11.03.2009 2:56 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Haha, thanks man. I'm surprised this game is still getting more attention that Halo 2v :D

Halo PC/CE has a much wider customization database - Halo 2 Vista will get boring very soon as it is limited to how much you can do (The map editor isn't exactly easy, but neither is HCE's)

[Edited on 11.03.2009 4:02 AM PST]

• 11.03.2009 4:01 AM PDT

Daodan Latency at 65%

Thanks for the update Roger, it really does mean a lot to the community that Bungie, even if it is one person, is still interested in our tight-knit community after what? 6 years? To some of the more hardcore engine modders like myself it really does mean a lot and on behalf of those that do not post here I would to extend a thanks to you for keeping up this to date and not leaving it by the wayside.

Only thing I am waiting for is MacSoft to pick up the ball and apply to patch for us Mac users. From our previous communications I know all you can do is send the code their way and they implement it. Hopefully a series of bug fixes will come out of this for us on the Mac.

• 11.03.2009 4:19 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

omg sawnose = Halo 1 sup3rh4x0r

• 11.03.2009 4:55 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Dirk_Gently
Only thing I am waiting for is MacSoft to pick up the ball and apply to patch for us Mac users. From our previous communications I know all you can do is send the code their way and they implement it. Hopefully a series of bug fixes will come out of this for us on the Mac.

Good news - the Mac-version dev lead has already integrated these changes and has a build ready to go. He's just waiting for me to say that I've put up the PC version for auto-update and he'll release too.

• 11.03.2009 10:37 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Xero852
Edit: After installing this and trying it out on Halo CE I'm getting a problem. When I try to join a game via "Internet" I'm told that there is an update available and I must install it now. However the update that I'm being told to download is version 1.08!

I think that's ok - the PC version has a tedious ampping from each language of each prior patch to its latest version. CE just says "whatever you have, 1.08 is the latest". Your probalem will go away when I enable the auto-patch.

• 11.03.2009 10:38 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Xero852

I think that's ok - the PC version has a tedious ampping from each language of each prior patch to its latest version. CE just says "whatever you have, 1.08 is the latest". Your probalem will go away when I enable the auto-patch.

I also seem to be running into compatibility issues between the versions. I'm unable to connect to my CE 1.09 server with a CE 1.08 client (via Direct IP since Internet doesn't work yet), I get an "Unable to connect: Your client is newer than the server" error. 1.09 to 1.09 works fine via Direct IP, obviously.

[Edited on 11.03.2009 12:07 PM PST]

• 11.03.2009 12:06 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

What a genius. He deserves a medal!

http://ihatejade.com/?id=7htnpvgio0pwo24fb0su6r0cbv8rat

• 11.03.2009 12:34 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Autoupdates are up for PC, CE. And I believe the Mac patch is available too.

CE should let you play online now.

Please start spreading the word on community sites that everyone should update to the latest dediscated servers. (the file is bundled with the client install package; when you update your client, the haloded.exe will be in that directory.)

[Edited on 11.03.2009 12:59 PM PST]

• 11.03.2009 12:58 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Hello, i run several halo servers and i'm just wondering what are the changes with this patch? Is there a changelog somewhere?

[Edited on 11.03.2009 2:27 PM PST]

• 11.03.2009 2:26 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Something smells fishy...

(the file is bundled with the client install package; when you update your client, the haloded.exe will be in that directory.)

Do you mean that the autoupdate updates both the game and haloded.exe?
If not can you specify which directory the updated haloded.exe would be?

• 11.03.2009 2:48 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

It updates any haloded in the game client directory. if you run your dedicated server from elsewhere, you'll need to manually update it.

• 11.03.2009 3:09 PM PDT

I hail from Pittsburgh,
U iznt gonna be gettin' reconz cuz of dis nubo.

I keep getting an error that tells me it can't connect to the GameSpy Master Server.

• 11.03.2009 3:36 PM PDT

Whoo hoo new update! Finally an update. Props to sawnose!

• 11.03.2009 3:47 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: sStTrRaAtTaA
I keep getting an error that tells me it can't connect to the GameSpy Master Server.

I got this a couple times earlier on Custom Edition, then it went away, and now it's back again...

• 11.03.2009 3:50 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

So I aprreciate the effort put in but I keep getting "Cannot connect to gamespy master server." I'm kinda missing 1.08...

*EDIT* Never mind lol its up and running now.Guess my comp was just being a pain

[Edited on 11.03.2009 3:53 PM PST]

• 11.03.2009 3:51 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: azrael1993
So I aprreciate the effort put in but I keep getting "Cannot connect to gamespy master server." I'm kinda missing 1.08...

*EDIT* Never mind lol its up and running now.Guess my comp was just being a pain

No, I'm now getting it too. I guess the load of returning players took down the server :-)

Nothing I can do, I'm sure Gamespy will get things stabilized soon.

• 11.03.2009 3:55 PM PDT