Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: Final 1.09 installer is ready to validate
  • Subject: Final 1.09 installer is ready to validate
Subject: Final 1.09 installer is ready to validate
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Something smells fishy...

It updates any haloded in the game client directory. if you run your dedicated server from elsewhere, you'll need to manually update it.

How does one manually update haloded? I would appreciate it if you explained it to me. Thanks.

• 11.03.2009 3:59 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PDT

Posted by: Agemenmon matt
How does one manually update haloded? I would appreciate it if you explained it to me. Thanks.

Update your game with the updater, "haloded.exe" and "haloceded.exe" will be updated as well. If you have a dedicated server somewhere other than your installation directory, copy the updated dedicated executable to that location. I also copied "Strings.dll" to my dedicated server but I'm unsure if that's required.

• 11.03.2009 4:23 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

copy the updated dedicated executable to that location

Do you mean copy the updater to where my haloded.exe is?

• 11.03.2009 4:38 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Agemenmon matt
copy the updated dedicated executable to that location

Do you mean copy the updater to where my haloded.exe is?

No, I mean exactly what I said. Download the updater anywhere on your computer, run it, all files will be updated as needed including the dedicated server files.

If you have a dedicated server on GameServers.com or something, copy the dedicated files from your computers Halo installation folder and overwrite the ones on your remote server.

It's not hard to understand.

• 11.03.2009 4:42 PM PDT

Join the MAW Clan
X-fire username:Iggwilv
My Real Avatar

Thanks sawnose! What would we have to offer you to put an AFK kick in? I have pie!

• 11.03.2009 4:57 PM PDT

Xfire username: rustbandit

Add me to your friends list if you haven't already. It's a lot more fun to play with people from The Maw and people I know than random noobs.

Posted by: Iggwilv
Thanks sawnose! What would we have to offer you to put an AFK kick in? I have pie!

Hey man, long time no see (for me at least).

AFK kicks would be a nice little touch. I hate when people rack up free kills because they got lucky and spawned by the AFK's :P

[Edited on 11.03.2009 5:25 PM PST]

• 11.03.2009 5:25 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

No, I mean exactly what I said. Download the updater anywhere on your computer, run it, all files will be updated as needed including the dedicated server files.

If you have a dedicated server on GameServers.com or something, copy the dedicated files from your computers Halo installation folder and overwrite the ones on your remote server.

I ran the autoupdater and it didn't update my haloded files.

• 11.03.2009 5:32 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

My i ask why we had to update?

• 11.03.2009 5:39 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Exalted Heroic Member
  • user homepage:

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
X-Fire: new420

Thanks sawnose.

i agree

• 11.03.2009 6:16 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

r : w )

Oh yeah, the PC patch doesn't automatically touch dedicated server because that was originally a separate installer and directory.

CE will patch its haloceded.

If you host a PC server, just get this:

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/haloded.exe

It's even codesigned!

• 11.03.2009 6:25 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member
  • gamertag: Btcc22
  • user homepage:

Should probably point out that the MotD you've set goes beyond the limitation in Halo and doesn't get fully displayed.

Welcome to version 1.09, which offers compatibility and security updates. You can now reinstall any Windows Updates you previously had to remove. For the new dedicated server URL, go to www.bungie.net/Forums and click on Halo 1 & 2 for PC. Want custom maps? The optional, unsupported Halo CE (Custom Edition) client and Halo Editing Kit are free for Halo PC users. Visit gbxforums.GearboxSoftware.com, and look for Halo CE.

• 11.03.2009 7:51 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

r : w )

motd - thanks, we'll fix that in the morning web deployment.

• 11.03.2009 8:13 PM PDT

Posted by: Nessy

The bungie.net community is the halo PC community that is renowned for being unbelieveably sucky.

I can confirm that you broke sightjacker, which means you probably broke the bots too. I wonder if there is enough interest at this point to unbreak either.

• 11.03.2009 9:34 PM PDT

This is an old account iDarkWint3r is my new Bungie.net user.

Thanks Sawnose :D

• 11.03.2009 10:10 PM PDT

My own website and clan
http://www.xgclan.com

sapp is also broken...

• 11.04.2009 5:40 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Sweet i will need to try this when i get home.

• 11.04.2009 10:48 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Oh yeah, the PC patch doesn't automatically touch dedicated server because that was originally a separate installer and directory.

CE will patch its haloceded.

If you host a PC server, just get this:

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/haloded.exe

It's even codesigned!

Thanks for the link sawnose! Now I have haloded 1.09.

• 11.04.2009 11:20 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Elder Legendary Member

Yes, I am a hypocrite, and I'm sorry. I really do mean well, but I'm not running on all cylinders.

Everytime someone buys a copy of Halo 2 Vista, a puppy dies.

All working fine here with the client and server programs.

• 11.04.2009 3:03 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Stop complaining about broke third party applications people... It's up to the individual developers to update them for version 1.09 since all the memory addresses shifted, and the code has been changed.

This always happens with official updates, and the solution is always the same. Wait.

• 11.04.2009 3:19 PM PDT

Daodan Latency at 65%

http://www.destineergames.com/support/updates/Halo-Universal-2 .0.4-Updater-(US).zip

here is the mac update link, it was on the destineer/macsoft site until today when I noticed it was changed back to 2.0.3. For whatever reason at the time of posting this it is not on their website anymore so I am providing a link to where to get it from them.

Some comments I can say about the mac update since we did not have the ram issues that the PC version had, part of the update is related to better rendering cubemaps ingame, and for those that are on newer Nvidia graphics cards, this update does not fix water shader rendering ( 9400, 9600, and 8800 cards anyway) so that is still there also the same for shadow lines that appear due to an error in rendering those shaders as well. Hopefully in the near future if MacSoft does not make a public release of this I will put out an unofficial shader update release to fix the shadow lines and a few other bugs with rendering bump-maps and a list of various other fixes.

• 11.05.2009 7:29 AM PDT

The bungie.net community is the halo PC community that is renowned for being unbelieveably sucky.

Posted by: Xero852
Stop complaining about broke third party applications people... It's up to the individual developers to update them for version 1.09 since all the memory addresses shifted, and the code has been changed.

This always happens with official updates, and the solution is always the same. Wait.

Nobody complained (in this thread), relax.

• 11.05.2009 1:59 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I'm sorry if im just being stupid or something, but i cant get the dedi servers to work. right now, im attempting to run a dedi through remote desktop connection on a computer elsewhere, it doesnt have halo installed on it, just the dedicated server. all my gametypes and such get sent to and FTP, and then downloaded to the other PC, all remotely. when i switch the haloded.exe files, nothing happens when i restart the server, it just says "error: unknown game type <name of gametype>." also, i did put quotes around it and such, everything worked on previous updates, but for some reason it didnt work on this one. any details im missing?

[Edited on 11.05.2009 5:36 PM PST]

• 11.05.2009 5:36 PM PDT

Good thing I found my Halo cd.

• 11.06.2009 1:35 PM PDT

You should take a look here at what Omega aka Goemitar is working on. Read about the Imega/Gandanur project. This is the guy who wrote SJ and some other useful things.

http://goemitar.wordpress.com/

Also the anisotropic filtering issue, setting it manually in my ATI Catalyst control panel still works just fine for me. :shrug:
I wonder if this issue is specific to nVidia drivers? dot dot dot

[Edited on 11.06.2009 5:06 PM PST]

• 11.06.2009 2:44 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Elder Legendary Member

Yes, I am a hypocrite, and I'm sorry. I really do mean well, but I'm not running on all cylinders.

Everytime someone buys a copy of Halo 2 Vista, a puppy dies.

Posted by: Frnksnbns

You should take a look here at what Omega aka Goemitar is working on. Read about the Imega/Gandanur project. This is the guy who wrote SJ and some other useful things.

http://goemitar.wordpress.com/

Also the anisotropic filtering issue, setting it manually in my ATI Catalyst control panel still works just fine for me. :shrug:
I wonder if this issue is specific to nVidia drivers? dot dot dot

iMega sounds awesome. Map vote and AFK-kick! Regarding NVIDIA, I can force AF in the control panel and see it work in all games.

• 11.06.2009 5:09 PM PDT