Bungie Universe
This topic has moved here: Subject: The Marathon Trilogy - Get It! (v2.0)
  • Subject: The Marathon Trilogy - Get It! (v2.0)
Subject: The Marathon Trilogy - Get It! (v2.0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL

What operating system are you using? Try downloading the newest drivers for your graphics card.

Also Shadow Krait, I can't imagine why the files you are downloading are somehow corrupted, so the problem has to be on your end. Try deleting everything and starting fresh - download the files to some directory (try not in Program Files), extract using 7-zip.

[Edited on 01.04.2010 9:50 PM PST]

• 01.04.2010 9:35 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PDT

Thanks for the quick response. Windows XP. Should I need an OPENGL app.

• 01.05.2010 4:01 AM PDT

A1 is an OpenGL app, or is when you set it to be.

• 01.05.2010 7:30 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Got it! It has to run in 640X480 and in 256 color mode. Thx !

• 01.05.2010 9:42 AM PDT

I search tirelessly for the secrets of the one known as the webmaster and for ling-ling's head.

well the infinity files continue to fight me......
but it doesn;t matter because i have durandal downloaded to my xbox andI just wanted to see what infinity was like but thank for all your help tycho and hope your thread will help others

[Edited on 01.06.2010 6:44 PM PST]

• 01.05.2010 6:44 PM PDT

Horray! I love Marathon!

• 01.09.2010 11:47 AM PDT

I am a whisper on the wind...

How do you get Marathon onto an xbox?

• 01.11.2010 6:17 AM PDT

Marathon 2: Durandal is available for purchase on xbox live arcade.

• 01.11.2010 9:02 AM PDT

I bet no one here knows about this. In Marathon in the second or first level if you do not pick up the zeus class fusion pistol you get to go to the secret comic level :O

• 01.15.2010 11:25 AM PDT

Um. The fusion pistol isn't in the second or first level of Marathon.

• 01.15.2010 12:45 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Morgana's Revenge is a great total conversion; I think you should include it. Also, there's actually a pretty easy way to run Pathways into Darkness:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8346714
(Windows)

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8345676
(Mac)

Unfortunately, the link to the conveniently compiled download for Windows seems to be dead, so you'll need to find an original Mac OS install yourself (it's abandonware). It's easier to do it on Windows, so I ran a virtual machine of Mac OS 9 in a virtual machine of XP on OS X to play; didn't get far though; it's HARD. I'll go back to it eventually.

• 01.18.2010 1:11 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Damn good job.

• 01.20.2010 3:04 PM PDT

thank you

• 01.21.2010 9:47 AM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

hi i have a question about a bungie account. i have this x box live live profile, ( Backstage Riot ) i recently decided to join bungie and the whole 7th column thing they have. i was creating an account with them and when i typed in the email and password for the profile it came up with one of my other profiles. not Backstage Riot. so im thinking i forgot and or got the two email/passwords mixed up. my question is. does bungie have a way of looking up the email and password for my Backstage Riot x box live profile? and if not, is there a way i can do that?

• 01.28.2010 11:26 PM PDT

Yeah, when I said if you have a question ask below, I meant that it should pertain to Marathon and stuff.

You're better off asking in the Septagon.

• 01.30.2010 4:35 PM PDT

For Carnage Apply Within

They think that they have pacified Ireland. They think that they have purchased half of us and intimidated the other half. They think that they have foreseen everything, think that they have provided against everything; but the fools, the fools, the fools! — they have left us our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace
-Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais

Good job.

• 02.02.2010 3:54 PM PDT

Posted by: Peter99Dineen
Good job.
Thanks.

• 02.04.2010 7:10 PM PDT
  • gamertag: n0sk1l
  • user homepage:

i wanna download The Marathon Trilogy, but i ask some thing and i hope u know the answer :)... so do u know when that Halo movie is redy to show to the whole world :O, so when the movie is redy and done?

• 02.05.2010 2:37 PM PDT

Really? It actually came out yesterday. What, are you living under a rock?

• 02.05.2010 4:23 PM PDT

For Carnage Apply Within

They think that they have pacified Ireland. They think that they have purchased half of us and intimidated the other half. They think that they have foreseen everything, think that they have provided against everything; but the fools, the fools, the fools! — they have left us our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace
-Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais

Posted by: NoSkill
i wanna download The Marathon Trilogy, but i ask some thing and i hope u know the answer :)... so do u know when that Halo movie is redy to show to the whole world :O, so when the movie is redy and done?
Get out! >:(
Keep your filth out of the universe.

• 02.06.2010 5:00 PM PDT

"There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe."
Gospel of John, 1:1-7

This may sound like a stupid question, but this will work on a PC right?

• 02.09.2010 5:11 PM PDT

PC stands for Personal Computer.

Select your correct operating system and it will work for that operating system.

• 02.10.2010 9:13 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I got AlephOne and it unzipped perfectly, but when I try to unzip Marathon or any of the other games, it also says as someone else had the same problem that the folder is empty. Do you know of any way to fix this?

• 02.10.2010 5:57 PM PDT

Posted by: T3AM_K1LL3R
I got AlephOne and it unzipped perfectly, but when I try to unzip Marathon or any of the other games, it also says as someone else had the same problem that the folder is empty. Do you know of any way to fix this?
I blame stosh! Ive tried b4 and crap happened to me too! i must be stosh's' fault!

• 02.10.2010 6:01 PM PDT

i keep getting this:

while initializing preferences (../../../svn/Source_Files/Misc/preferences.cpp:2025)
fatal alert (ID=-1): Please be sure the files 'Map', 'Shapes', 'Images' and 'Sounds' are correctly installed and try again. (../../../svn/Source_Files/CSeries/csalerts_sdl.cpp:104)

also it gives this error

FATAL: Please be sure the files 'Map', 'Shapes', 'Images' and 'Sounds' are correctly installed and try again. (error -1)

any help would be great.

• 02.10.2010 6:46 PM PDT