Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Why bother even giving this game a MM option?
  • Subject: Why bother even giving this game a MM option?
Subject: Why bother even giving this game a MM option?
  •  | 
  • Intrepid Legendary Member

Hello! I'm a male!

After reading the Game Informer magazine Halo: Reach can't have multiplayer because it'll be way to messed up. First off back to just plasma grenades and frags? No spike grenades or firebombs? Does Bungie even know that they are still different on how they effect a fight? Apparently not. The needle rifle? three hits to super combine and explode? It's basically an insta needler with better aim and accuracy. Then armor abilities instead of equipment? Oh wait and they recharge? wtfh? Oh my cloaking ran out I'll just go hide till I can be invisible again. Oh my over shield is gone time to go hide. Aww my bubble shield is depleted time to recharge it. Oh teh noz! My shield re generator is gone! Run and Recharge! Seriously wtfh? How will a trip mine work? Will it regenerate? .... They literally made MM imposable for this game. Oh and lets not forget the DMR the one shot weapon. What is the point? It helps to further unbalance they game. Gees Bungie make it even harder to play. Let us only play MM as grunts and jackals and drones why don't ya? Seriously like it would matter? Everyone would just grab camo, over shield, and bubble shield armor attachments and be invincible anyways.

• 01.24.2010 1:39 AM PST

Ugh...

First on a BWU.. yeah, I'm cool.

ODST;MYTHIC Screenshot winner! One of the first to get their hands on the mythic map pack.

Wait for the beta to judge everything Judy.

• 01.24.2010 1:41 AM PST

DMR FTW!!!

• 01.24.2010 1:42 AM PST

I'm just going to call you a Troll.

• 01.24.2010 1:43 AM PST

Jumping to conclusions before the beta or any major information concerning multiplayer? lol.

• 01.24.2010 1:44 AM PST

Wow man you have issues you wanna talk about it? Wait untill you see how the MM will work. Bungie are smart they know what they are doing. Chill out smoke a cig and wait. Geez

• 01.24.2010 1:45 AM PST

Here’s what Luke had to say about the differences in treatment between the Spartans and Elites in Reach:

“Instead of piece-by-piece customization like the Spartans, Elite customization is a full model swap with models selected from the various Elite classes appearing throughout the Campaign. There are all kinds of reasons for this, not the least of which is our continued emphasis on the Spartan as your identity in Reach.”

You are judging a game's potential from text. Try the game first.

• 01.24.2010 1:45 AM PST

Non Nobis Nascimur - We are not born for ourselves.

Step 1: Grab pipe

Step 2: Bludgeon your head in with said pipe

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 until idiotic thoughts no longer occur

Seriously, though, Spike grenades were only good against vehicles, and Firebombs weren't even in matchmaking. Bungie is smart enough to balance out the Needle Rifle and any equipment/armor abilities. And the DMR only fires one shot, it isn't a one-shot kill.

• 01.24.2010 1:46 AM PST

The Marty Army

Believe.

Needle Rifle FTW!!!

• 01.24.2010 1:47 AM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I swear people in these forums are getting stupider every day. The reason I say this is because this guy is making claims as if he has actually played the game, and even if he has which I highly doubt, it wouldn't matter any way as the game in only in the pre alpha stage.

Sooooooo if there was anything the community really hated in the Beta they would obviously change it in the actual game.

• 01.24.2010 1:49 AM PST

b.p

You are a serious idiot, try the game before you go ranting on about it like you have already played it. Prick

• 01.24.2010 1:50 AM PST

You'll just have to micro manage.

It's nothing new to RPG and RTS players. Deal with it.

• 01.24.2010 1:51 AM PST

Im sure that some of the abilities will be able to recharge like the sprint, maybe camo, and whatever else. Im pretty sure things like regen, bubble(if its in), and OS. will be things you pick up and use once. If Camo is rechargeable its will probably be a fast burst of camo and very long recharge. There are many things that they can do for blance THATS THE POINT OF HAVING A PUBLIC BETA TO SEE WHAT WORKS AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!

• 01.24.2010 1:52 AM PST

.:. îXî - $ìgñ øf thé GøÐz .:.

My Profile - iXi Gaming

Î ũňķñ{ǾẄŃ} ū

Posted by: POKEY CLYDE
Wait for the beta to judge everything Judy.

Biggest burn I've seen in a while.

i lul'd

• 01.24.2010 1:52 AM PST
  •  | 

Hello! I'm a male!

Posted by: Wolverfrog

Um I play RTS and RPG games ......

Edit: Also you shouldn't have to micromanage in an FPS.

[Edited on 01.24.2010 1:58 AM PST]

• 01.24.2010 1:53 AM PST

Looking for a person to do ODST Vidmaster's with, pm if you want to (Been getting ready for Endure)

Posted by: Wild Smurf 14
Step 1: Grab pipe

Step 2: Bludgeon your head in with said pipe

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 until idiotic thoughts no longer occur

Seriously, though, Spike grenades were only good against vehicles, and Firebombs weren't even in matchmaking. Bungie is smart enough to balance out the Needle Rifle and any equipment/armor abilities. And the DMR only fires one shot, it isn't a one-shot kill.

W!N

• 01.24.2010 1:54 AM PST

Posted by: PMR NYM

lolz!

• 01.24.2010 1:55 AM PST
  •  | 

Hello! I'm a male!

Posted by: Uncle Kulikov
You are judging a game's potential from text. Try the game first.
All the times I did it that way the game seemed good them it was released and was an epic fail and let down.

• 01.24.2010 1:55 AM PST

Posted by: PMR NYM

Then why are you moaning? It's the same Halo, just a little more tactical.

PS - Halo Wars and Fable don't count as RTS and RPG games, they're dumbed down.

[Edited on 01.24.2010 1:58 AM PST]

• 01.24.2010 1:57 AM PST

I am open to doing free clan tags for anyone. Contact me on my deviant art profile through a note and NOT on my comments page as they will not be acknowledged.

Click on the "My Homepage" button to be directed to my page.

Your either an idiot or a huge troll...I think both.

• 01.24.2010 1:59 AM PST

yes i agree with shaolin monkey.
dont judge a books from the fron page or if u do take a GOOD look

game informer said completely different things.
first of all what could the spike grenade do different compared ot the plasma(i am not talking about the firebomb cause there wasnt one in MM)????they are both one stick kills and are effective against vehicles.it only had a smaller blast and was slightly better against vehicles.never mind though i also want it back
the nedlee rifle is not a 3 hit kill.its weak against shields but the 3 shots will combine together and kill an unshielded enemy ONLY if he us shieldless(like the Carbine,but u dont have to take a headshot)
the DMR is NOT a one hit kill weapon.it take 3 shots to take out the shields and one headshot to kill.its basically a semi auto accurate BR that shoots larger rounds instead of 3 round bursts.
these armor abilities arent flawless.th invisibility makes u not be able to hear and u have severall other problems.i dont knoe bout the overshield but dont u think they'd blance it???'
the bublee shield would be a small personal shield.they cant shoot u but u cant shoot them.and its imossible to heve a trip mine that regenerates.the activo camo,the overshield and the bublle shield recharge(like the energy shields) but a tip mine cant be recharged ITS THROWN out.
and finally who said we ll play liek grunts or drones?????
we ll be spartans and maybe elites

• 01.24.2010 2:00 AM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

The world will be ours Septacons.

Featured: Brute Pimp!

Proof!

You haven't played the game. So you words mean nothing.

Also recharge time. it won't be 30 seconds or some dumbboob thing, it would be like respawn time for equipment,30 minutes, 60 minutes, etc...

[Edited on 01.24.2010 2:03 AM PST]

• 01.24.2010 2:01 AM PST

My God, It hasn't come out yet. Just wait for it to come out and THEN you can -blam!-. And anyway's those were friggin' rumours it's not gonna be exactly like that

• 01.24.2010 2:03 AM PST

>>KEEP IT CLEAN<<

b i t c h, b i t c h, b i t c h, thats all every1 does these days. u shoudl try 2 be more optimistic, u couldve had the same thoiughts about halo 3 with equipment. so stfu and play the beta, then b i t c h.

They havn't said any of those things are in the game except for sprint (Or dash whatever its called) and Camo, I doubt there will be trip mines and such, and Overshield is still bound to be the big floating ball or ball in a box we've known for the last 3 games. Don;t judge the game until you've at least played the beta.