Halo: Combat Evolved Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: How Old Were You When You First Experienced Halo?
  • Subject: How Old Were You When You First Experienced Halo?
Subject: How Old Were You When You First Experienced Halo?

I am a pharmaceutical scientist. I received my Masters degree in Pharmaceutics from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia in 2010, after working as a Pharmacist for 4 years. I currently work in King of Prussia, PA, and focus on the analytical chemistry of small molecule APIs. My clients include some of the most well known big pharma companies in the world.

I was 15. Still remember waiting in line on the day Xbox released back in 2001. I hadn't even heard of Halo, saw it being demo'd in a store the night before and got my hands on it....couldn't believe how great it looked and how smooth it ran. I cancelled one of the pre-orders at the store the next morning and took Halo instead and played it non-stop. I was the only one in the neighborhood that saved the money for an Xbox so everyone was coming over to get a taste of Halo. It really does seem like only a couple months ago, but it's been 11 years............

• 11.15.2012 5:13 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Literally 3 years old, not lying. My dad bought a xbox a few days after launch day(or was it launch day?) with halo ce. I always so him playing it and started playing it. Then a year later he never played the xbox anymore and I took over. He got halo 2 with xbl.

On my birthday I got a xbox 360 with halo 3 with xbl. Man so awesome.

Halo ce was also the first game I ever played.

I completed the game on legendary when I was 5.

BTW after we passed the first level of halo ce it always said "could not find/load level" So we had to get a new copy.

I don't play alot of games. This is one of the few I play and play the blam! out of.

[Edited on 11.18.2012 1:49 AM PST]

• 11.18.2012 1:48 AM PDT
Subject: How Old Were You When You First Experenced Halo?

Groups -MP | The TD
Files and Work - H3

• 11.18.2012 7:25 AM PDT

• 11.26.2012 9:36 AM PDT

I make Halo related videos on YouTube, here is my link:

YouTube Subscribe!

I was se7en ;)

• 12.03.2012 6:57 AM PDT

Been with Bungie since 1996, and no plans of leaving.

Wow, I think I'm the youngest one here. I was 5 and I'd go over my friends house while his older brother was in school. This was in late 2001 when the Xbox had the "duke" controller. Yes, small hands with the duke.

We played the library and the flood scared the crap out of me.

• 12.08.2012 10:05 PM PDT

Posted by: fortifythamind
Wow, I think I'm the youngest one here. I was 5 and I'd go over my friends house while his older brother was in school. This was in late 2001 when the Xbox had the "duke" controller. Yes, small hands with the duke.

We played the library and the flood scared the crap out of me.

I can guarantee you I'm younger than you.

• 12.09.2012 10:14 AM PDT

State: Pennsylvania.
County: Warren.
I graduated from high school on June-11-2011. I'm 19 right now. I'm turning 20 in December. I like playing video games, and board games. I like reading Sci-Fi, and World War II novels, and what not.

"There is nothing better in the world than being better at a video game than someone else....oh wait"

I was 9 when I experienced Halo CE.

[Edited on 12.10.2012 3:47 AM PST]

• 12.09.2012 7:57 PM PDT