Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: Why are PC gamers so rude to console gamers?
  • Subject: Why are PC gamers so rude to console gamers?
Subject: Why are PC gamers so rude to console gamers?

Why are PC gamers so mean in general?

I recently purchased Portal, Half-Life 2, and Garry's Mod because of all the positive things people say about them. Portal is a lot of fun and so is Half-Life 2 but I went online to play Garry's Mod and the people were so rude to me.

Here's what went down: I joined my friends game. We were tired of typing to each other so I told him to get on Xbox Live so that we could use party chat and when I typed the word Xbox the other Admins booted me and then Perma-Banned me. When I looked at the ban page it said it was because I was a "Console A-Hole".

What the hell is up with that? They call us "Console A-Holes" but they boot us for just saying the word Xbox? It sounds like it's the other way around.

So, my question: Why are PC gamers like this? Why do they have a grudge?

And another thing, they will not help you out if you're a noob. I joined and just asked a couple simple questions and they just called me a noob and used things I didn't have to murder me. They act like they were never a noob. That the day they got a computer they were pro at Garry's Mod.

• 07.16.2010 2:00 PM PDT

They think that PC gaming offers more freedom, but the only difference is Dedicated servers and modding.

• 07.16.2010 2:01 PM PDT

Why does it matter? Who cares what some random guy on the internet says to you?

Dunno man. PC gamers can be pretty brutal, you're right.

They think they are leet.

•  | 
  • Fabled Legendary Member

They are pretty elitist [i think thats the word] from what i see.

• gamertag: ejdog3
  • user homepage:

Life isn't fair.

• gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

You're in with the wrong crowd.

• 07.16.2010 2:02 PM PDT

Floodians whom I'm in a love square with:

camer guy 65
D A F T (daft_punk)
Sacred Flea

I watch this on loop when I'm bored.

Because they think they're superior for playing childrens toys on a machine intended for the workplace.

Runnnnnn!

The world is a cold and heartless place.

Check out my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/ultratog1028

All gamers are rude once they take a pledge of fanboy alleigence

• 07.16.2010 2:03 PM PDT

Love to write? Need a piece critiqued? Visit Writers' Corner.

Like someone said before, they seem elitist.

Dr. Angelo, PhD.

Garry's Mod is notorious for having a couple of horrible-ass Mods on servers occasionally. Don't let it get to you, though.

• user homepage:

Posted by: The Desert Wolf
im one second from taking this to the next level.

PC gamers are bothered because their platform, while still technologically superior to consoles, is dying a slow, painful death because of the surge in popularity in console gaming.

PC used to be one of, if not THE primary platform for more serious, mature audience-oriented games. But now, the PC is losing popularity fast, and more and more console games are being PORTED to the PC, rather than the other way around like they used to be.

I for one welcome the console era, but PC die-hards won't let the bronze age go.

Posted by: Eliteophobic
Why does it matter? Who cares what some random guy on the internet says to you?

I don't care what they say. I got perma-banned for saying the word Xbox and now I can't play on that server anymore and I have good reason to want to play on that server. That's what I'm mad about. I got banned for the stupidest reason.

• user homepage:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

-Gandalf

This is why I don't play PC games online.

Posted by: Achronos
I blame stosh.

Proud tester of the Halo 3 beta.

Cus' they're "master race".

• 07.16.2010 2:04 PM PDT

That server was messed up. If you want to voice chat, you can do it through steam. I don't think most servers will ban you for that.

• 07.16.2010 2:05 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Turaga008
Cus' they're "master race".

This
They also think that console gamers are casual, which is why they don't like them.

[Edited on 07.16.2010 2:07 PM PDT]

• 07.16.2010 2:05 PM PDT

Because pc gamers, many of them, are the lamest types of gamers around. They're, often, the type that get more heavily involved in fanboy wars and typically dont play games as often as most hardcore console gamers.

Ex. My friend is a pc gamer, he refuses to use a gamepad for Street Fighter 4 or Devil May Cry 4 because he thinks the keyboard is superior (basically his reasoning is everything fanboy wars in logic). He plays rather crappy but thinks he's really good.

The thing is- pc gaming use to be better. It was. It had controls that didn't completely suck for 3d games and basically the only shooters that were made were for pc. You only really had platformers for consoles and some shoot em ups, primarily. However, at the end of the Ps 1 generation, consoles started getting more mature oriented games and shooters started appearing. Controls were still somewhat wonky for most games.This is where most of the arguments for "you cant aim with a controller" come from.

Then came the xbox. The xbox basically brought pc games to the platform and halo- i know where on bungie.net but this isn't even related to where we're posting- was the shooter that easily did anything as good, really quite better to be honest (other games at the time were red faction and serious sam at the time).

Games also started to become more adult oriented as well, although this could've been credited to the end of the ps1 generation.

PC gamers hated the fact that this happened.
Those who are still hardcore pc gamers tend to be people who are unwilling to admit this shift and will lock onto some certain ideals, ignoring everything else around them.

Yep, that's the history of pc fanboyism/elitism in a nutshell.

[Edited on 07.16.2010 2:12 PM PDT]

• 07.16.2010 2:06 PM PDT

It's like if the Fanta girls and the the cast of Girls gone Wild participated in a remake of Labyrinth that takes place in a crackhouse version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory where the sugar is cocaine, the candy is crystal meth, and the chocolate is LSD*takes a breath*and the goblin king became the gummy bear king.

they are the master race of gamers

<(^.^<) ^(-^.^-)^ (>^.^)>

They think they're sooooooooooooo cool.