Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Official Halo: Reach, Defiant Map Pack, & Noble Map Pack FAQ
  • Subject: Official Halo: Reach, Defiant Map Pack, & Noble Map Pack FAQ
Subject: Official Halo: Reach, Defiant Map Pack, & Noble Map Pack FAQ

I'm brand new to Bungie and this forum, and basically have just one question that I'm certain has been addressed before. When my son chose to "bring his credits online" in Halo Reach after we got XBox Live, he wound up losing not just credits but also his rank, reduced from a Brigadier Grade 3 all the way back to a Warrant Officer Grade 3, along with all of his armory items. We understood he would lose rank in his online profile, that makes sense due to the comparative ease of earning credits offline, but we assumed he would still keep his rank and armor associated with his offline profile. But apparently even his offline profile is now just a Warrant Officer Grade 3, with none of his hard-earned armory items, etc. Meaning that he has seemingly lost literally hundreds of hours of game play, as you all surely know. My question is, is there any way to get his rank back? We would gladly return to having to play online as a default Spartan, if it means recovering his original offline rank (Brigadier Grade 3).
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

• 12.18.2012 7:31 PM PDT

http://www.capturemyhaloclips.com/ - Get your Halo clips captured.
The Artists Corner - Show other members your artistic talent.
Storywrite - Where I am writing my book.

Posted by: Vicious Monkey5
My question is, is there any way to get his rank back?

Short and simple answer: no.

• 12.18.2012 7:35 PM PDT

Big time bummer. Not the answer we were hoping for, but better than no answer at all I suppose, so thanks for answering.
If anyone associated with the Halo development folks ever reads this, I do have a suggestion to help prevent turning off otherwise seriously devoted fans: please make it very clear in the warning that the player will not only lose credits and rank in their online profile, but also in their offline profile.
And props to those people for a game that is otherwise most excellent!

• 12.19.2012 7:53 PM PDT

Posted by: Vicious Monkey5
If anyone associated with the Halo development folks ever reads this, I do have a suggestion to help prevent turning off otherwise seriously devoted fans

You may have noticed in the block above the area you enter your post ...
Bungie is no longer managing the Halo Universe. While our Halo-related forums and stats remain available, be advised that "official" answers and support about the Halo Universe (past, present, or future) are notMeaning ... talk to 343 - bungie has left the building

• 12.20.2012 2:07 AM PDT