Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: how to rank up fast?
  • Subject: how to rank up fast?
Subject: how to rank up fast?
  •  | 
  • Noble Member

how do you guys Have Lt. Colonel?
do they gold farm or what, every lt colonel grade 3 i see, sucks ass and has like 2k kills? like wtf im warrant officer grade 3 and i have 1.9k approx, what are these guys doing to rank up?

• 10.09.2010 2:25 PM PST

Check me. You now can't say EVERY Lt. C has 2k kills and sucks. Anyway, Score attack, competitive, Daily/weekly challenges, some target locator farming... I do have more time played in competitive though than campaign and firefight.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=A7X%20O wNaGe

[Edited on 10.09.2010 2:27 PM PDT]

• 10.09.2010 2:27 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Member

i thought they fixed the target locator thing, i cant seem to do it. it saves before it and etc?

• 10.09.2010 2:30 PM PST

They didn't fix it. Grab it, get a checkpoint, get your killionaire, Revert to last checkpoint. Gets soooooooooo boring but hey, it gets you some CR and Onyx.

• 10.09.2010 2:31 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Member

can u get banned for it?
and how much cr in 5 mins

• 10.09.2010 2:32 PM PST

Invasion

• 10.09.2010 2:32 PM PST

Not much CR in 5 min. The CR comes from the commendations. No, you cannot get banned or Reset. Bungie had official word that there is no way you get banned for it. Also, this works for the Daily Challenge Shootin and Lootin for 4K today.10 min for that.

• 10.09.2010 2:33 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

you have 27k covies killed, but only 4k multiplayer kills, your stats are garbage

• 10.09.2010 2:34 PM PST

You can get banned for reseting challenges...

• 10.09.2010 2:35 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Member

well ok ill try this for 30 minutes and see where it gets me xD i just want captain then ill play legit (WO Grade 3 atm :\)

• 10.09.2010 2:36 PM PST

Posted by: cashhammon15
you have 27k covies killed, but only 4k multiplayer kills, your stats are garbage

From farming, beating the campaign on legendary. 4K multiplayer is good in my opinion. Not bad for 3 weeks. Thanks for the comment.

• 10.09.2010 2:36 PM PST

Since when did Lt. Colonel symbolize being good. I mean Bungie only said so itself in this week's weekly update, the rank means nothing, it's jusy an indication of how many credits you have earned.

Gotta love how people judge you on something with no value. I had a clown on my own team send me a message telling me something like "You won new content! It's called GET A LIFE AND GO OUTSIDE." All because I have a Lt. Colonel Grade 2. When in fact if you take how long I have spent on each game type, I average 2 hours of play a day, so how is that ridiculous?

EDIT:

I am not claiming to be any good, but what was funnier is he went -11 and I went +3 and he decided to talk trash about my skill too.

[Edited on 10.09.2010 2:41 PM PDT]

• 10.09.2010 2:40 PM PST

Posted by: SpawnedX
Since when did Lt. Colonel symbolize being good. I mean Bungie only said so itself in this week's weekly update, the rank means nothing, it's jusy an indication of how many credits you have earned.

Gotta love how people judge you on something with no value. I had a clown on my own team send me a message telling me something like "You won new content! It's called GET A LIFE AND GO OUTSIDE." All because I have a Lt. Colonel Grade 2. When in fact if you take how long I have spent on each game type, I average 2 hours of play a day, so how is that ridiculous?

And that is all it will represent. It is a symbol for how many credit you earned. People take this rank thing way too seriously.

• 10.09.2010 2:41 PM PST

So... I have a little under 2000 and I use target locator/ grunt poc all the time (multiplayer is funner though)

• 10.09.2010 2:42 PM PST

GoG ToXiC
Conquering the world since 1995

The only reason I want to rank up is for scout helmet

• 10.09.2010 2:44 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Member

ok wtf?
i tried it and it didnt let me revert to last checkpoint, after i got a checkpoint. i ended up getting 401 cR lol

• 10.09.2010 2:44 PM PST

It's really not hard to get to Lt. Colonel either. Warrant Officer Grade 3 is the only snag and it tends to be people of this rank complaining and insulting. I did a lot of FF and even about an hour of the target designator and WO3 still took me awhile. Once you get past WO Grade 3 you will shoot up the ranks.

From Warrant Officer Grade 3 to Captain = 66,000 cR

From Captain to Captain Grade 3 = 75,000 cR only 9,000 more (or a few daily challenges worth) to advance 3 as compared to one.

• 10.09.2010 2:46 PM PST

Posted by: TYGF
how do you guys Have Lt. Colonel?
do they gold farm or what, every lt colonel grade 3 i see, sucks ass and has like 2k kills? like wtf im warrant officer grade 3 and i have 1.9k approx, what are these guys doing to rank up?

They have no life.

• 10.09.2010 2:47 PM PST

Posted by: TYGF
ok wtf?
i tried it and it didnt let me revert to last checkpoint, after i got a checkpoint. i ended up getting 401 cR lol

Don't save and quit. Revert as soon as you get your killionaire so it doesn't give you another checkpoint.

• 10.09.2010 2:48 PM PST

So... I have a little under 2000 and I use target locator/ grunt poc all the time (multiplayer is funner though)

• 10.09.2010 2:57 PM PST