Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Halo AI bots for quitters
  • Subject: Halo AI bots for quitters
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Halo AI bots for quitters

I dont like how theres so many quitters in Halo, I almost like the COD method for joining games in progress better. But, both systems have their flaws. I think theres a better way to do it.
For unranked games only, it could be cool to drop in a AI bot for a quitting player. The AI is good enough these days that they can program the bot to do whatever the mission objectives are. That would be an interesting idea.
Dont like it? How about this one. Allow new players to join the game to replace quitters up to a certain time limit in the game. Maybe after the first have of the game dont allow new players to join.. That would limit joining a game with 2 min left and losing by 50 points. Ya know!?

• 10.26.2010 10:29 AM PST

I think thats a great idea!

• 10.26.2010 3:49 PM PST

http://thereachforge.blogspot.com/ - Check out my Halo Reach Forge projects here!

Did you just...
Did you just agree to your own thread?

• 10.26.2010 3:49 PM PST

I am looking for a group to be in. I would like to be in a group with some-what competitive players to play with in matchmaking and to goof around with in custom games.

Posted by: TrapVader
Did you just...

lol

• 10.26.2010 3:51 PM PST

i think its a horrible idea

•  | 
  • Honorable Member

Wait, you were there and now your there....

Feel free to send me messages, please be willing to wait 6-8 years for a reply.

1-7 hours if you at least tried to make it readable.

Immediately if you are Yax, Telec, or legendary.

Never if you are mythic, you guys smell funny.

all you have to is look at the halo reach friendly AI for UNSC forces to see how terrible it is, the AI cant drive, the AI cant shoot, they frequently use weapons that are not right for the situation (im looking at you emile, trying to snipe that banshee with your shotgun)

only the enemy AI is good, so it would only work for the elite side, so no. its a good idea, one for the future when the AI is better, but not yet.

Posted by: King Spadezz

hey i agree with that guy lmao

• 10.26.2010 3:52 PM PST

but how smart would it be?
what if they were to easy of targets?
would it be a team player or lone wolf?
would it be able to drive?
would it use a shotgun as a sniper?

• 10.26.2010 3:56 PM PST

The AI sucked in the campaign. I doubt it would be any better in multiplayer.

• 10.26.2010 3:57 PM PST
  • gamertag: Methew
  • user homepage:

Posted by: SniperKillz

I think it's a horrible idea.

Halo's AI isn't great. Even the bots in Gears of War are pushovers. The hardest thing about them is the fact that they have perfect aim and perfect recoil control so they can destroy you with Lancer fire. Other than that they just feed the enemy kills.

• 10.26.2010 3:58 PM PST

I see you seeing this!

Agreed...Want to avoid quiters? Play with people you know. Personally I can't stand playing alone for this reason, so I don't. Makes my experience so much more fun.

• 10.26.2010 3:59 PM PST

thats a trash idea. gears of war is a much better made game than halo reach and even they couldn't create the best AI to use.

• 10.26.2010 3:59 PM PST

Wait 4 Halo 4.

Posted by: reformedcreed

Agreed...Want to avoid quiters? Play with people you know. Personally I can't stand playing alone for this reason, so I don't. Makes my experience so much more fun.

people aren't playing reach...every 8 v 8 game ends 5 v 3..only in bungie games

[Edited on 10.26.2010 4:01 PM PDT]

• 10.26.2010 4:01 PM PST

I think something should be done to quiters anyways. Maybe if they quit and in their next game they run around with target on them or there bleep on the radar is a target and everyone gang up on them .lol

• 10.26.2010 4:01 PM PST

Posted by: TrapVader
Did you just...

Almost like high-fiving yourself in public.

But no this idea would be broken. The AI would either be too good or too weak which would result in either easy kills for your team or easy kills for the other unbalancing the game.

I say instead of having the quit ban. They should have a penalty for quitting games like a couple hundred cR or so.

• 10.26.2010 4:03 PM PST
  • gamertag: IFultz
  • user homepage:

html:

bb code:

If you could make the AI somehow always have equal kills and deaths, I would support this.

• 10.26.2010 4:05 PM PST

It would be a great idea, if the AI was smart enough. But they're dumb, and it wouldn't work.
I occasionally get annnoyed when a teammate or two leaves and we're down, but I also hate it in MW2 when I join a game that's practically over, or the whole team has left for a good reason (Ex: Being absolutely wrecked).
I suppose joining a game in progress, but being able to leave it for like 2 minutes without a quit-ban would be a good idea, but I'm not sure if that's really in Halo style.

Whatever, Bungie will figure it out eventually, if they haven't already!

• 10.26.2010 4:06 PM PST

best suggestion of the halo franchise

• 10.26.2010 4:07 PM PST

Posted by: SniperKillz
Lol thats funny you bumped it like 5 hours later

• 10.26.2010 4:08 PM PST
  • gamertag: BE4T
  • user homepage:

This idea would only work in objective matches where deaths do not count. I'm sure everyone here at one point has lost a slayer match only because a guy on your team went 2 and 20.

• 10.26.2010 4:09 PM PST

Are you a forger, photographer, or mantage maker? Then join United Content! there you can post your shots/maps/montages and get great feedback.

Here's a tip next time you make a thread, don't agree with yourself on the same profile in the next post. You couldn't look dumber right now

• 10.26.2010 4:09 PM PST

• Pages:
  • of 2