This topic has moved here: Subject: Bungie Art Contest *NEW Content!*
  • Subject: Bungie Art Contest *NEW Content!*
Subject: Bungie Art Contest *NEW Content!*
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PST

The Bungie Art Contest

Summary:
This is the Bungie Art Contest, where people from all around the forums can come and show off their art while competing against others as being the best artist in town. This is going to be high level art and very demanding. All pictures are accepted, but those of you who are used to drawing pictures with the pencil tool in MSPaint might get overwhelmed by the high standards we hope our artists will set. Please do your best!

Rules
* All pictures must be Bungie related.
* No profane content
* You must draw your entry yourself. You can’t steal or copy anyone else’s work.
* Only one entry per person.
* Pictures can't be in folders, or .exe, or anything that could give us viruses.
* You do not have to be from the United States to enter. You can live in other countries if you are planning on entering.

Submitting Your Art

* All art must be sent by 1/7/06
* Send art to [email]SeventhColumnArt@gmail.com[/email] so that it can be judged.
* Include your bungie.net account and a title for your work.
* As said before, all art has to be in a standard picture format or else it won’t be looked at. (No .exe files or folders)

Prizes
The fine people over at Bungie Fans Online have agreed to sponsor this event. This means that the winner of this event will recieve some bungie stuff from The Bungie Store! The prizes will probably be somewhere around the prices of the shirts over there. Once you win, send me a PM so that I can direct you in the right direction for receiving your prize.

Prizes will not be shipped directly to you from the Bungie Store. It will have to go through the people from BFO first.

Judging

Butane123, ODST1125, and GodsProphet have volunteered to be judges for this event. They will check all the emails sent on 1/7/06, and will make a decision on the three pieces they like best.

Alright, go ahead and submit your art!

[Edit]How could I forget to thank the people in #moap for helping me shape this idea. Especially Butane, GP and ODST! Also, huge thanks to snowmanaxt from BFO! Thanks![/edit]

[Edited on 11/30/2005]

• 11.15.2005 1:30 PM PST
Subject: Bungie Art Contest
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Only the paranoid will survive!

Are sketches that we scan in allowed?

• 11.15.2005 1:46 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Pimp at Sea

Yeah.

I don't have a scanner, so I think I'm gonna take a picture of it with my digital camera : )

• 11.15.2005 1:47 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Pimp at Sea

If it fits within the rules, and you think it is good enough to be picked as one of the best, then sure you can submit it.

[Edited on 11/15/2005]

• 11.15.2005 1:49 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I suggest scanning it in and using photoshop to shape it up. There was a tutorial made by Gabe from Penny-Arcade on how he makes his strips. I'm going to try and find it and post it here.

• 11.15.2005 2:05 PM PST
  • user homepage:

i have a small problem....
I happened to be working on a simple wallpaper, as i sometimes do. Than i was browsing the forums here, and read about this contest. Awesome. But now the problem. My little piece of horrible art happened to have two other pictures in it. This one and This. The ship ion the background and the marines in ront, all colored and beefed up. So does this mean it can't enter the contest or do i have to remove it all and come up with something else?

• 11.15.2005 2:38 PM PST

-Quaere verum.

Got a report? Use the report tool or send a pm.
Chairleg Productions presents: 'Console Wars' and 'Games as Art?' (also on Halo Waypoint).

Well i would certainly like to hear the others' opinions on this JAF, but in my honest opinion you would be allowed to submit it because i know just how much work goes into colouring and "beefing up", but we would of course have to take into concideration that you did not draw the inital sketches when we are judging.

• 11.15.2005 3:15 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Well oke. I did draw everything else, but i just loved those sketches so much that they HAD to be included :P

• 11.15.2005 3:42 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Cool, perhaps a mod might find it a good idea to possible, just maybe, sticky this thread...

• 11.15.2005 3:51 PM PST

"It's like a cake filled with pies." -Pete "Mango" Parsons

Seventh Column Contests

Excalibur gives us too much credit haha. I would say to just do your best and dont worry about anything shady from us judges. We are honest people who will treat every one equal. I'm saying this now so every one will know how us judges are. Best of lucks to everyone.

EDIT: oh, and lellow, this thread is stickied. Time for some moap harassment :B

[Edited on 11/15/2005]

• 11.15.2005 3:54 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member

Posted by: Shishka
Everything will be gone long before me. When the first living thing was born, I was here, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job is finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave.

Hmm...I might try this out.

• 11.15.2005 3:59 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Damn you Fawad!

• 11.15.2005 3:59 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: just another fan
i have a small problem....
I happened to be working on a simple wallpaper, as i sometimes do. Than i was browsing the forums here, and read about this contest. Awesome. But now the problem. My little piece of horrible art happened to have two other pictures in it. This one and This. The ship ion the background and the marines in ront, all colored and beefed up. So does this mean it can't enter the contest or do i have to remove it all and come up with something else?

Yeah, sure. I mean I'm not a judge - it'll be up to them on what they rank it, but just keep in mind that they won't give you as good of a mark on originality or something like that. But wallpapers are great, and usually come out very impressive.

I plan to draw something that will include images that I use as a reference, but it will all be drawn by myself.

• 11.15.2005 4:13 PM PST
  • user homepage:

I say you can use existing images as a part of a bigger picture, there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't make the complete image out of another's work, make sure it has something that you have done in it. Backgrounds are a perfect example of this, which I think making a background is a great idea.

• 11.15.2005 4:56 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member
  • user homepage:

Lol. I'm going to enter some time. I'll make something wit Paint.

Then you can all bow down before my awesome artistic skillz![/extreme sarcasm]

• 11.15.2005 5:00 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Go read a dictionary Kilroy, and learn the meaning of -blam!- OFF.

• 11.15.2005 5:33 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member
  • user homepage:

Posted by: lellowranger

What was that for?

• 11.15.2005 5:39 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

lol, nothing. I'm kidding, don't get upset. Please?!

• 11.15.2005 5:57 PM PST

"It's like a cake filled with pies." -Pete "Mango" Parsons

Seventh Column Contests

Posted by: Kilroy
Posted by: lellowranger

What was that for?

That was lellow being a jerk face. Dont worry, i'll make sure he doesn't win :)

• 11.15.2005 5:58 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Art Contest, eh? We may as well declare me the winner, and save everybody some time.

• 11.15.2005 5:59 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Spartan 37
Art Contest, eh? We may as well declare me the winner, and save everybody some time.

Lellow already game me $500 dollars to vote for his, you'll have to do better than that.

In other words, submit and we will see how you fare.

[Edited on 11/15/2005]

• 11.15.2005 6:02 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Butane123

Lellow already game me $500 dollars to vote for his, you'll have to do better than that.

No need to show off...

• 11.15.2005 6:11 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Butane123

No need to show off...

But he won't win. A guy just said they'll make sure he doesn't.

Mine will be something to the effect(quality wise) of this, but in paint:

.l...l.
\..../

• 11.15.2005 8:02 PM PST
  • user homepage:

I hope you don't scroll straight past Myth/Marathon pictures... ?

-TGP-

• 11.15.2005 10:37 PM PST

-Quaere verum.

Got a report? Use the report tool or send a pm.
Chairleg Productions presents: 'Console Wars' and 'Games as Art?' (also on Halo Waypoint).

Posted by: Great_Pretender
I hope you don't scroll straight past Myth/Marathon pictures... ?

-TGP-

Don't worry. That's not going to happen.

Oh and please guys, don't be stupid in here. I'd hate for this thing to be un-pinned because of a few silly people and their posts.

[Edited on 11/16/2005]

• 11.16.2005 2:28 AM PST