The News
This topic has moved here: Subject: Bungie Weekly Update: 04/15/2011
  • Subject: Bungie Weekly Update: 04/15/2011
Subject: Bungie Weekly Update: 04/15/2011

Why not stop by my File Share while you're here?

~Long Live Halo 2
Only regret is I didn't play more of it.

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm sort of a jerk.

Not one mention of Halo 2's 1-year anniversary of being disconnected. Urk and Bungie, I am dissapoint. At least the piano pieces were good.

[Edited on 04.15.2011 8:23 PM PDT]

• 04.15.2011 8:21 PM PST

Interesting, enjoyed the piano work by Marty. Some really cool shots featuring the Hunters this week, nice job!

• 04.15.2011 8:21 PM PST

Cool stuff.

• 04.15.2011 8:29 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

-Gandalf

Nice update.

Thanks for the music Marty. :D

• 04.15.2011 9:28 PM PST

I <3 ][-][//-\\][_{()}

Where can I get a high res of the Hunter vs spartan with rockets bellow the super saiyan hunter? That one is awesome.

• 04.15.2011 9:40 PM PST

awesome update xD Hunters are indeed the boss
and thanks for the songs! I can't quite play by ear, but still-wut the
lol nice gif, forgot about that. I'll be sure to post that around the Internet ;)

• 04.15.2011 10:27 PM PST

To those who much is given; much is lost.

These updates have no info anymore... I am not looking forward to Fridays anymore for the weekly! Maybe it's time to stop with Reach updates and begin updates on your new game :)

• 04.15.2011 11:27 PM PST

I really think that we should get more armour. Like things Bungie and 343 haven't yet added from previous Halos or make some new armour. Bungie and 343 are focusing more about avatar items and map packs, I think there in for the money.

Thumbs up for agreeing

• 04.15.2011 11:58 PM PST

Talking about halo, the map packs all look the same, I think bungie and 343 ran out of ideas for maps. Tempest-Highlands, Anchor 9-Condemmed. Same thing over and over. why don't you have a contest for a new map design, could you give us a scene and items to build maps.

Thums up for agrreeing :P

• 04.16.2011 12:04 AM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

FootedPanda = A panda with a foot. My name is Carrington Martin and I am in the United States Army. If you have a good memory, I was the soldier that was interviewed by Bungie for playing Halo in Iraq. Halo is fun as -blam!- when you have soldiers talking -blam!- to each other :)

Dang, I would've never imagined getting a star while in Iraq. Thanks Bungie, Urk and Evil Otto for all your awesomeness work. See you all soon :) *by the way, I would do anything to play online..... ANYTHING!*

• 04.16.2011 12:26 AM PST

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock

W00ters! My submission (under the super sayain one) got me a star! ^^ Thanks a bunch, urk and everyone working at Bungie!
I'm still going to participate in all of the upcoming All Stars, too much fun to miss out on!
I noticed someone asked for a hi-res version of my submission, the original is slightly bigger. You can find the original one here.

• 04.16.2011 12:49 AM PST

Blarg.

damn, that poem was excellent

• 04.16.2011 1:18 AM PST

Posted by: StarfuryDysan
Yeah, I got a Star! I have pleased the urk! Third time the charm I guess.

Dang someone tagged my screenshot "revoke his star", that's disappointing. It was just a funny screenshot I took, I chose it over one of my more serious ones as I expected most screenshots were taking the Hunter as a tough fighter. I just dared to be different.

Anyone know how to remove a tag off a screenshot?

[Edited on 04.16.2011 1:27 AM PDT]

• 04.16.2011 1:22 AM PST

I think Dark Matter Cannon by death556 really deserved a star. Ii at least deserved to be in the update. It was a lot better than some of the other ones in the update. I am dissapointed with your decision to exclude it.

• 04.16.2011 9:08 AM PST

ok so the day this came out i got home got on got an overkill tried 2 load it 2 my file share and nothin i havent ben banned b4 i have nothing bad in my file share it just wont let me put stuff in it ses the name is blocked from live

any1 no how 2 fix that message me

• 04.16.2011 9:19 AM PST

Ancient Warrior.

A mature group for gamers 30 and over on Bungie.net

Kinda disappointed that the slideshow was in flicker. It made it hard for me to blatenly steal the pix for my desktop.

• 04.16.2011 9:53 AM PST

Old GT: Il SHAD00W Il
Total files on Bungie Faves: 3
Total downloads: 1,215,000+
Total Ratings: Still in progress

Posted by: st3althsniper22
Not one mention of Halo 2's 1-year anniversary of being disconnected. Urk and Bungie, I am dissapoint. At least the piano pieces were good.

That was a sad time st3alth my friend :(
Hunters are scary but they make good pics.

• 04.16.2011 11:27 AM PST

Good stuff to whoever made the Hunter themed Mobile Suit!

• 04.16.2011 1:33 PM PST

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Love this update, especially the artworks. That hand drawn one was amazing. Also, Master Chief Hunter looked badass. But one part of the update stood out for me. Maybe Bungie should research names more, as this one made me laugh:
Bungie.net Poet Warrior, A Fat Bell End

• 04.16.2011 2:23 PM PST

Spartans don't DIE...They go to Hell & Regroup !!!

Another horrible update...See what happens when your employeed by Activision.

• 04.16.2011 3:12 PM PST

"Except we, we're the zebras. All fenced in...and ready for the slaughter!"

||S-fen Knee-cheh
||19th Shock Troops Battalion

Posted by: st3althsniper22

• 04.16.2011 11:32 PM PST

Project: HAYABUSA Administrator
Join Today!
--
Proud to follow Jesus.
Posted by: T9404
Uh I'm a bit of a noob, what's an "Achronos"?

Nintenman7: Apply yourself... Seggi31: HHHHNNNNNNGGGGG

Such stunning music. Marty is definitely growing and changing in his style. Yet, even something better comes by accident. When overlayed, the two tracks are chilling. The careful polyrhythms and slight dissonance when perfectly combined makes for incredible beauty, one in rarity.

Marty, experiment with some polyrhythms and polymodal stuff maybe? All I know is your music is awesome when mashed, and it's midnight, but you've impassioned me and inspired me by the goodness of the music first of all, but then by the crazy mashup due to urk's link proximity.

Okay.

/Musical dorkiness

• 04.17.2011 12:19 AM PST

Pronounced "Nay-uss"

Just when I thought the BWU couldn't get any worse...

No, Urk, you don't deserve a break. You haven't done anything yet.

Except disappoint.

• 04.17.2011 6:27 AM PST

Link to fileshare
Really good screenshots to be found here.

Was my picture never recieved or something? i feel like it was easily better then most of those pics.

Dark Matter cannon

how could it not be picked?

• 04.17.2011 7:23 AM PST

Youtube Channel: Feeltheh8, hit me up for a good game of Halo, or if you want to be in my Machinimas.

Posted by: Ktan Dantaktee

Posted by: urk

Posted by: Feeltheh8
almost first

god dammit no codes i waited hours for this I HATE YOU BUNGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:|

I love it when people freak out like that. The Ninjas should ban this guy and get Waaahmbulance some activity.

And one quick question: WHERE ARE MY FRIGGIN ELITE PLAYLISTS?!?! I mean really, this update was 2/3 Hunters and 1/3 epic songs.

There was so much to write about, you could have told us a hint to an undiscovered Easter Egg and cause another 100 threads like last time, talked about the Inheritors, cracked some more jokes, a bit more info on Matchmaking updates, etc.

You're an idiot don't you understand sarcasm?

[Edited on 04.17.2011 7:40 AM PDT]

• 04.17.2011 7:39 AM PST