Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: Halo 2 Vista FAQ (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS)
  • Subject: Halo 2 Vista FAQ (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS)
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: Halo 2 Vista FAQ (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS)

Posted by: Lynk120
What about 1-50? is there ranks in H2v?

Some guy is making a mod for it, but it seems he abandoned it. So frustrating :/

Here it is.

[Edited on 06.02.2011 2:00 PM PDT]

• 06.02.2011 1:30 PM PDT

Posted by: DusK
Posted by: Zetren
Can brx'ing be done with kb/m?

Yep. And macros take that one step beyond. Imagine being able to pull that off just by hitting one key. Welcome to the glorious world of Halo 2 Vista.

Button combos don't work anymore anyway. Melees don't register unless you're still in the animation after a second.

• 06.02.2011 1:32 PM PDT

This is the average H2 Fanboy.
Xfire: JacobGRocks.
50 in H2/H3? Great, but you still fail at this.

Posted by: PufTheMgicDingo
Posted by: Lynk120
What about 1-50? is there ranks in H2v?

Some guy is making a mod for it, but it seems he abandoned it. So frustrating :/

Here it is.

He went to CE after all his h2v homies pirated CE.

• 06.02.2011 6:31 PM PDT

Halo Reach PC über alles!

How could this page be loitering on page 3? I ask you?

[Edited on 06.13.2011 7:23 PM PDT]

• 06.13.2011 7:23 PM PDT

I agree, this is a good thread.

I'd like to add that if you're motivated enough, you can use an original Xbox controller. On Xbox live I played nearly 8,000 Halo 2 games, and I bought Halo 2 for Vista last week mostly for nostalgia's sake. Here's the process:

1. Acquire/make USB adapter for Xbox controller S (I already had one, fortunately)

2. Bully Windows 7 (or Vista) into accepting XBCD's program

3. Test the buttons in Halo 2, then change the button assignments in XBCD to reflect what Halo 2 interprets. If anyone is curious, I'll look up exactly what the buttons are, but I don't see the need. (Does this mean that Halo 2 thinks the Xbox controller is a 360 controller?)

My question is whether I still get help with aiming. I didn't pay close attention when I played the other day, but in both (lengthy) games I came away with a +1 kill/death spread.

• 06.25.2011 4:51 PM PDT

just a bump

• 06.25.2011 7:57 PM PDT

Xfire username: rustbandit

Add me to your friends list if you haven't already. It's a lot more fun to play with people from The Maw and people I know than random noobs.

Posted by: DusK
Posted by: Zetren
Can brx'ing be done with kb/m?

Yep. And macros take that one step beyond. Imagine being able to pull that off just by hitting one key. Welcome to the glorious world of Halo 2 Vista.
\
I always enjoyed the button glitches back when I played H2 on xbox, but I am very surprised that they did not take care of them for the PC version. Surely they thought of how easy it would be to program "RRX YY RRX YY RRX" for nearly unlimited battle rifle fire.

The BXR and doubleshot were fun in the xbox game, but they caused a huge controversy so Bungie had to know about it.

• 06.25.2011 8:17 PM PDT

Hows about we necromance threads that are worth reviving, like this thread here.

• 06.30.2011 9:12 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Legendary Member

Halo 1&2 PC forum's resident OC ReMixer. Like rockified and metalized video game music? Subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Yeah. That's right. I don't have a 50 in H3. I never got Onyx in Reach. If a game sucks too much, I won't even bother trying for such trivial "accolades". Besides, I've done way more things that take far more skill and talent than anything that can be done in a video game.

Wise fwom your gwave.

• 07.08.2011 10:58 PM PDT

Posted by: Wilis_kid
How many times are people going to ask this? Wasn't there an FAQ??

Yes, yes there was.

[Edited on 07.30.2011 8:14 AM PDT]

• 07.30.2011 7:55 AM PDT

Posted by: i Conker
Posted by: Wilis_kid
How many times are people going to ask this? Wasn't there an FAQ??

Yes, yes there was.

Thankyou for bumping this so people may hopefully read before asking the same questions..

Furthermore on the Co op section of the guide, there is an incomplete mod that Shock120 was working on, in its current form, i have been able to play most of the Arbiter levels though it's unstable, with the MC levels not working at all. Just thought that might be worth a mention.

[Edited on 07.30.2011 8:56 AM PDT]

• 07.30.2011 8:48 AM PDT

For Carnage Apply Within - We played Marathon before Marathon was cool!

Keep it authentic...

Can you connect a wireless Xbox 360 headset to the wireless adapter for PC?

If so, could I use that headset on Skype without having Halo 2 or any windows live game open?

[Edited on 07.31.2011 9:37 PM PDT]

• 07.31.2011 9:36 PM PDT

Keep it authentic...

Posted by: gruntyII7

If so, could I use that headset on Skype without having Halo 2 or any windows live game open?
Anyone know?

• 08.01.2011 8:23 PM PDT

Anyone know?

Yep, it works.

• 08.01.2011 10:16 PM PDT

Keep it authentic...

Posted by: i Conker

Anyone know?

Yep, it works.
Thanks

[Edited on 08.01.2011 10:36 PM PDT]

• 08.01.2011 10:36 PM PDT

This is actually the stupidest thing ever posted on B.net:

Posted by: the omega man117
Why does everyone hate Halo 2? Maybe its because its the worst game ever next to mario.

When I try to play multiplayer, no games show up on this list.
Leave the game running for about 10 minutes. Screw around in a game by yourself, play some single-player, whatever. It might work after that.

Surprisingly, this was fixed a while back. The server list loads up every time now.

A little bump never hurt anybody. Or is it a little bump never hurt nobody? Eh.

• 09.20.2011 6:47 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Legendary Member

Halo 1&2 PC forum's resident OC ReMixer. Like rockified and metalized video game music? Subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Yeah. That's right. I don't have a 50 in H3. I never got Onyx in Reach. If a game sucks too much, I won't even bother trying for such trivial "accolades". Besides, I've done way more things that take far more skill and talent than anything that can be done in a video game.

Posted by: Super PolarBear
When I try to play multiplayer, no games show up on this list.
Leave the game running for about 10 minutes. Screw around in a game by yourself, play some single-player, whatever. It might work after that.

Surprisingly, this was fixed a while back. The server list loads up every time now.

Alright, trimmed it.

• 09.20.2011 6:54 PM PDT

This is actually the stupidest thing ever posted on B.net:

Posted by: the omega man117
Why does everyone hate Halo 2? Maybe its because its the worst game ever next to mario.

I didn't see it in the FAQ and it has been a very frustrating issue since H2V's last update in 2007 (lol) :

I am experiencing what seems to be a 1 second game freeze anytime a new player joins the server that I am gaming in...what gives? <---That doesn't sound right lol?

This is commonly referred to in Halo 2 Vista as "Join Lag." It is known that Halo 2 Windows Vista carries some incompatibilities with the Games for Windows Live client and this is one of many issues that will never be fixed. It affects all players, just not you.

You know edit it and whatnot to your liking.

[Edited on 10.06.2011 11:06 PM PDT]

• 10.06.2011 9:36 PM PDT

Thanks iv been trying to get my xbox wireless pad with the charger to work for ages.

• 10.12.2011 5:17 PM PDT

This is the average H2 Fanboy.
Xfire: JacobGRocks.
50 in H2/H3? Great, but you still fail at this.

Voice chat doesn't work?
A gfwl update broke voice chat too, when the Xbox moved codecs.

• 10.19.2011 6:35 AM PDT

RISE ONCE MORE FROM YE TOMB!

(Because the Halo 1 PC FAQ now has nails in his.)

[Edited on 12.11.2011 1:23 PM PST]

• 12.11.2011 1:21 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Legendary Member

Bumpalump.

• 01.13.2012 12:45 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Wow. You guys are still around. I found this faq so long ago when I had used up my halo 2 vista activations. I was curious to see if any support was rendered by ms in the last few years but I guess not. Thanks for the years of help.

• 01.15.2012 8:40 PM PDT

Posted by: ChaseTheSwift
Wow. You guys are still around. I found this faq so long ago when I had used up my halo 2 vista activations. I was curious to see if any support was rendered by ms in the last few years but I guess not. Thanks for the years of help.

Yeah we are, people are starting to organise game nights which you may want to take part in, they're alot of fun.

Glad people have been able to help.

• 01.16.2012 12:59 AM PDT

Have you messaged sawnose requesting a sticky?

• 01.16.2012 10:51 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 3