Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: Halo 2 Vista FAQ (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS)
  • Subject: Halo 2 Vista FAQ (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS)
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: Halo 2 Vista FAQ (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS)
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

HEY I AM ONLY NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I RECANTLY BOUGHT HALO 2 FOR MY LAPTOP ITS RUNNING ALL THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAME EXCEPT ITS VISTA BISNUSSE AND THE GAME WILL RANDOMLY CRASH ALOT PLEASE HELP

• 03.16.2012 3:17 PM PST

Donuts > all other food

Posted by: DusK
How is the population for Halo 2 Vista?
Small. As of late 2008, the player count has never broken 100 at any given time.

I was just thinking about getting Halo 2 Vista, but after seeing this, I don't know if it's worth it :/

• 05.26.2012 6:00 PM PST

ShawtyHullstineFilms CEO-Team MLG EXTREME

Posted by: Donut Funn

Posted by: DusK
How is the population for Halo 2 Vista?
Small. As of late 2008, the player count has never broken 100 at any given time.

I was just thinking about getting Halo 2 Vista, but after seeing this, I don't know if it's worth it :/

Do it. There are servers that are nearly full almost always. Plus the game is a blast!

• 06.16.2012 11:40 PM PST

Thanks for the overview, is there any way to contact bungie about making a disable blood option for Halo 2 for PC? I've looked through maps and the game .exe file itself, and have had no luck in disabling it myself. I have plenty of friends that would buy it if it had this option, and bought it myself thinking I could disable the blood, but was proven wrong after many failed efforts. I would think that a separate program that goes into the .exe file and disables the blood code would work best, seeing as how the campaign maps are prepackaged and already rendered past their editable state. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• 08.15.2012 1:01 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member

"A life lived for others is the only life worth living" - Albert Einstein

"I have your RCON right here." - Iggwilv

"Always my pleasure to be lazy." - InvasionImminent

Bungie is no longer managing the Halo Universe. While our Halo-related forums and stats remain available, be advised that "official" answers and support about the Halo Universe (past, present, or future) are not.
That was above the box you typed in to make that post :P

343i are in complete control of the Halo universe now and I don't even think Bungie had any involvement with Halo 2 Vista in terms of maintenance anyway. I highly doubt anyone who is in control at this point would care enough, though.

• 08.15.2012 1:08 PM PST

I pass all system requirements, yet the game crashes either on main screen or within 5 minutes of the campaign start.
it may be a basic computer, but i still cant see why it wont play the game without crashing and closing....Dual Core Processor 2.6 gig.Radeon HD 5450 1017 MB. D x 11.-1534MB RAM with Windows Vista service pack 2.

i have read everything i can find online, yet still no way to resolve it. the updates stop the game from even loading....

this is the most disappointing bit of programming i have ever tried to play.

• 08.30.2012 5:03 AM PST

Posted by: EdgiestSum94
I pass all system requirements, yet the game crashes either on main screen or within 5 minutes of the campaign start.
it may be a basic computer, but i still cant see why it wont play the game without crashing and closing....Dual Core Processor 2.6 gig.Radeon HD 5450 1017 MB. D x 11.-1534MB RAM with Windows Vista service pack 2.

i have read everything i can find online, yet still no way to resolve it. the updates stop the game from even loading....

this is the most disappointing bit of programming i have ever tried to play.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I will make a few suggestions...

1. Try updating the Games for Windows Live client separately.
2. Update Graphics Card drivers.
3. Check to make sure nothing is overheating and your power supply is adequate for your PC. If it is a retailer made PC, you'd be surprised how often they are sold with weak PSU's.
4. Possibly upgrade your Ram to at least 2GB. 4GB is the norm these days but try that after exhausting all options mentioned above.
5. Failing that, torch the game.

• 08.30.2012 8:05 AM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I bought it (legally), but the disk doesn't work at all. is there a way to get an installer, but I could still use my CD key?

• 12.11.2012 3:29 PM PST

• Pages:
  • of 3