The News
This topic has moved here: Subject: This is not a Bungie Weekly Update
  • Subject: This is not a Bungie Weekly Update
  • Pages:
  • of 4
Subject: This is not a Bungie Weekly Update

Posted by: urk
Blue Flames are available (right now) for users of the Bungie Mobile iOS app along with the Bungie Nameplate and access to seven Star Nameplates that can be gifted to seven lucky players of their choosing.

Sweet, so not only is Bungie allowing people to get their hands on a star nameplate by completing five games of Invasion by Monday and one game of BTB All-Stars next Friday (the 24th) - a feat easily achieved by anyone with an hour to spare - but they're also letting people who download their -blam!- app to hand out seven of those -blam!- stars to their -blam!- friends. If they're already seeing tens-of-thousands of downloads that's at least 70k stars that have been "awarded."

Congratulations Bungie: you've turned what was once an honor accorded only to those with the greatest artistic talent in the Halo community and given it to anyone who can maintain a standing body temperature of roughly 98.6F. And in the span of less than a week. Well, at least you -blam!- things over quickly.

• 06.17.2011 6:07 PM PST

Join Planet Reach
Hog sniping
Exalted is considered "the highest" because you can't get any bans or warnings of any kind for quite a long time, which is harder than just being a member for a long time.

Clearly... it's close enough.

• 06.17.2011 6:16 PM PST

*Waits patiently*

I requested July 4th and Bungie Day off from work, so I hope it'll be worth it!
xD

• 06.17.2011 6:30 PM PST

I love lamp

• 06.17.2011 6:53 PM PST

Posted by: FaJiTa TuEsDaY
only eat one small snack a week to save money on food and just have water toilet and lights to save money thats my plan

Though the Earth is dying we must enrich her body, for the ground we tread is hφly.

I'm a lion in a world where everybody's content with being cats.

Posted by: DM Charlie
Blue Flames are available (right now) for users of the Bungie Mobile iOS app along with the Bungie Nameplate and access to seven Star Nameplates that can be gifted to seven lucky players of their choosing.BOMBAST. BOMBAST. BOMBAST.

The honor was not awarded based on a set rule that read 'artistic integrity' but Bungie's own definition of what constitutes worthiness. And if Bungie wants to give it to their fans for their support, more power to them. In short, you're getting bent out of shape over a virtual reward. I think that says enough.

• 06.17.2011 8:50 PM PST

Bungie has the best community!

Join the Bungie kids Podcast group. If you enjoy the bungie.net community, please join our group.

6/21/2011?

Can I climb the rock wall?

• 06.17.2011 8:53 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

-Gandalf

Cool.

• 06.17.2011 8:58 PM PST

Not right now.

• 06.17.2011 9:05 PM PST

Don't want no negativity. :)

:)

• 06.17.2011 11:09 PM PST

My old Halo 2 account is Devil brothers

The climbing wall is awesome.

• 06.18.2011 3:17 AM PST

Posted by: Commander GX
Bungie.Match.com: Our Johnson knows what the ladies like.

What's with the obviously meme?

• 06.18.2011 4:31 AM PST

"Wake me...when you need me."

Climbing walls and whiskey. Awesome.

• 06.18.2011 7:40 AM PST

The one star review made me lol.

• 06.18.2011 7:44 AM PST

Posted by: xXAmozonessXx
The honor was not awarded based on a set rule that read 'artistic integrity' but Bungie's own definition of what constitutes worthiness. And if Bungie wants to give it to their fans for their support, more power to them. In short, you're getting bent out of shape over a virtual reward. I think that says enough.

"Artistic integrity"? No, I believe the word you're looking for is talent.

I'm not getting bent out of shape because they're handing out star nameplates to anyone with a friend who has an iPhone or who can play six games of Reach in the span of two weeks. I'm getting bent out of shape because it doesn't make sense. How is playing six games of Reach in two weeks or having a friend with lots of money to waste = spending hours or even days crafting a work of art? Why make it nearly impossible to tell if someone won one of the Bungie All-Stars competitions? What was the point of going through all that trouble to make certain Halo players stand out if they were going to give the nameplate to everyone anyway? Why not come up with a different nameplate for the gaming community that's stood beside Bungie for the last decade (or two if you were a Marathon fan)? Better still, why not just let people have the Bungie nameplate and Eternal armor effect? Was that not enough? Were there people so jealous of those who won the All-Stars competitions that they petitioned Bungie to make the nameplate available to everyone? Did Bungie seriously cave in to those people (if they exist/ed)?

My point is, it doesn't make sense to me. There were other perfectly viable solutions to the "how do we reward the community that's stuck with us for twenty years" problem, yet Bungie chose one that is, for lack of a better term, stupid. I expected better of them (thus proving that expectations inevitably lead to disappointment).

• 06.18.2011 11:21 AM PST

I love the idea of Bungie Mobile. Wish Android users would get some love. It's the bigger market now!

• 06.18.2011 11:53 AM PST

Live free, or die epically.

anyone else think they need to paint a dead grunt at the base of Mt. Workerscomp?

• 06.18.2011 12:25 PM PST

Live free, or die epically.

Posted by: DM Charlie

"Artistic integrity"? No, I believe the word you're looking for is talent.

I'm not getting bent out of shape because they're handing out star nameplates to anyone with a friend who has an iPhone or who can play six games of Reach in the span of two weeks. I'm getting bent out of shape because it doesn't make sense. How is playing six games of Reach in two weeks or having a friend with lots of money to waste = spending hours or even days crafting a work of art? Why make it nearly impossible to tell if someone won one of the Bungie All-Stars competitions? What was the point of going through all that trouble to make certain Halo players stand out if they were going to give the nameplate to everyone anyway? Why not come up with a different nameplate for the gaming community that's stood beside Bungie for the last decade (or two if you were a Marathon fan)? Better still, why not just let people have the Bungie nameplate and Eternal armor effect? Was that not enough? Were there people so jealous of those who won the All-Stars competitions that they petitioned Bungie to make the nameplate available to everyone? Did Bungie seriously cave in to those people (if they exist/ed)?

My point is, it doesn't make sense to me. There were other perfectly viable solutions to the "how do we reward the community that's stuck with us for twenty years" problem, yet Bungie chose one that is, for lack of a better term, stupid. I expected better of them (thus proving that expectations inevitably lead to disappointment).

Why would they do something-for the fans, all of them-that is, by your definition, stupid? Because, they love their community. If it weren't for us, they wouldn't even have made the nameplates in the first place. I'm sorry that you feel cheated because Bungie decided to let everyone share in the glory of a virtual trinket, while you've been a fan for 20 years. Why does this one little thing matter? Bungie is still making games, and they still will love their community, and reward them when they see fit.

And consider this. It may not seem like such a huge feat to you (and indeed, it isn't by my standards either), but do you realize how much the Reach community has shrunk in the past 9 months? This is a reward for dedication, so obviously they aren't going to twist our arms for being here throughout.

And if the star nameplate is meaningless to you now, then use the Mk V np. Helluva lot less people have those than will the stars.

• 06.18.2011 12:55 PM PST

- Dragon Ball/Z/GT and it's merchandise are awesome.
- All "abriged" parodies are hilarious.
- Humanity, as a whole, is stupid.
- I have asperger's syndrome
- This is the best used 20 seconds of your life
- Official helper to the Halo: Reach - The Armor You'll Be Wearing This Fall! Thread

Oh urk you rascal you, I should have known better than to REALLY think that we'd miss out on our weekly dose of bungie.

• 06.18.2011 1:59 PM PST

Spartans don't DIE...They go to Hell & Regroup !!!

Wow I cant believe it...finally a real update from Bungie & they say its not really an update. Once again it shows how lame Bungie has really became.

• 06.18.2011 2:02 PM PST

Why would they need a climbing wall?

• 06.18.2011 3:32 PM PST

HOW DO U GET A BLUE FLAME

• 06.18.2011 5:37 PM PST

Obviously.

click for full story
Obviously

• 06.18.2011 9:08 PM PST

Posted by: Darth1Snyder
Everytime someone sacks my groceries, I think of Loaf.

So sad. Updates are now in the news feed.

No longer in their glorious spot where we can see the ultimate pictures of epicness.

• 06.18.2011 9:42 PM PST

*waits for bungie day*

Think i'll just sit back and relax :)

• 06.18.2011 10:12 PM PST

I am AWESOME! FACT

Totally agree with you on that one. I think Android users should be given some consideration too lol. Android will soon rule the world! An Android version of the app should be made aswel, because its not fair that ipod users should be a given a great app and a free prize like a flaming helmet. So personaly i think that the AWESOME adroid guys should be given some green flames to go with the green android logo!

• 06.19.2011 10:25 AM PST

• Pages:
  • of 4