The News
This topic has moved here: Subject: Bungie Aerospace
  • Subject: Bungie Aerospace
Subject: Bungie Aerospace

Tru7h. C4RN4GE. Bungie.

Very unexpected. How will it affect the site and community though? Will we get access to beta versions of games or chances to win these games for free in the future?

• 06.30.2011 6:40 AM PDT

Ad honorem

bored, i really just want your new game, sad face

• 06.30.2011 6:40 AM PDT

w00t w00t

Check out my Gaming Rig on EVGA Mod Rigs.

Oh snap! Bungie getting involved with mobile gaming!?! EPIC WIN!

I love gaming on my Vibrant and can't wait to see what comes out.

• 06.30.2011 6:42 AM PDT

Bash me if you want but mobile gaming is ruhtard. Bungie once again catering to casuals.

• 06.30.2011 6:49 AM PDT

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?

Its great that they're taking steps to help independent developers, but come on, mobile games? Really?

• 06.30.2011 6:50 AM PDT

Thats actually a really good idea. I wouldn't say the App Store was getting stale, I think stagnant is a better word.

Angry Birds has been top of the list for so long. Its a good game, it should just be pre-installed on iDevices.
And more recently, for some reason, lots of "adult themed" apps have come up in the "top" apps, all accompanied with very poor reviews from people who don't realise Google is available on their iDevice...

• 06.30.2011 6:51 AM PDT

Don't forget to drink your ovaltine...

• 06.30.2011 6:59 AM PDT

Big Love for Bungie right now, this sounds fantastic! Its so awesome that smaller, independent companies that may have the basis of an incredible game but never be able to realise its true potential, finally can, or at least some of them, with Bungies help.

This is why we <3 Bungie.

• 06.30.2011 7:00 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

"Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me.” - Albert Schweitzer

Not what I was expecting at all. Not that that's a bad thing. Good work, Bungie.

:)

• 06.30.2011 7:02 AM PDT

O_o
oh wowza..is it just mobile games? not xbox games? cos that would be most magical indeed, I'm hoping to create a game iv go locked up :D

Awesome

• 06.30.2011 7:02 AM PDT

Be a part of The Intel Agency

H3ITWP is now The WorkPLace

Is this really what all the fuss was about? Small developers riding Bungie's coattails to get their games recognized? How much are they paying for the Bungie name?

Aerospace for the Community Fail

• 06.30.2011 7:06 AM PDT

Hello

oh yeah

• 06.30.2011 7:11 AM PDT

You know our motto, We deliver!

Ahh, I'm kind of dissapointed. When I came on and saw an update for Aerospace I was 'OmG!!?'. I don't really know what to expect, mobile games? Owell, I guess I'll have to see what kind of games are shown as it will be interesting to see what games they do bring out. Maybe they'll surprise me.

I was hoping for a new game series to be announced though.

• 06.30.2011 7:11 AM PDT

This is super exciting for me. I'm going through university for game design right now, and the course I'm in has a big focus on mobile development. Can't wait for more details!

• 06.30.2011 7:14 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

dream as if you'll live forever and live as if you'll die today

Posted by: kool fat kid
I bet that aerospace isn't gonna be nearly as cool or interesting as everybody thinks it's gonna be.

• 06.30.2011 7:17 AM PDT

KillaGod is my alternate Bungie.net account with my Gamertag linked to that account!

Ty92PrideFireZ is my new alternate account with my new and permanent Gamertag linked to that account.

Ooo....Ahhhhh. :)

• 06.30.2011 7:20 AM PDT

Yes, but do not fret loyal fan. Realize that Bungie still has two epic ViDocs that could potentially give us one morsel of something to come with Bungie. Please Bungie, a word to you. Don't let these festivities fizzle like a dud firecracker. I want to see the big bang!
Posted by: Sgt Handsum
bored, i really just want your new game, sad face

• 06.30.2011 7:20 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Exciting news. The future is looking to be bright, regardless of the not-so-intimate relationship I have going on as of late with my iPod device. Pumped to see what all is under the red hood with Crimson.

Above pun, while completely shameful, was too easy to pull off. This upcoming mobile game obviously has some form of affiliation with the Batman franchise. You're welcome for the headliner, journalists.

• 06.30.2011 7:22 AM PDT

La-hoo, Za-her.

Posted by: HAN GNNAID

Exactly what I was thinking.

I really hope Bungie is enjoying all this.

• 06.30.2011 7:23 AM PDT

THANKS BUNGIE!

• 06.30.2011 7:26 AM PDT

Posted by: KillThatPopcorn
woort wort wort.

Why Bungie???
Was it something i wrote???

What a Let Down.....
;(
Bungie you use to be cool.

[Edited on 06.30.2011 7:31 AM PDT]

• 06.30.2011 7:26 AM PDT

We were somewhere around Barstow...

I bet that aerospace isn't gonna be nearly as cool or interesting as everybody thinks it's gonna be.

This. My first impression is that no matter how hard you try, mobile gaming won't exactly be pushing the limits of possibility.

• 06.30.2011 7:27 AM PDT

I'm going to invade your heart like a barn swallow high on milk chocolate and grandma love.

Fairness is only possible within the limited powers of man. Elsewhere, there is only chance.

Thus I refute thee.

Very interesting!

• 06.30.2011 7:28 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: XxXAlesanaXxX
Bash me if you want but mobile gaming is ruhtard. Bungie once again catering to casuals.

You fail to see the bigger picture here. Bungie is Helping indie developers launch their games. The whole point of Aerospace is to help the little guys. This would only be logical since Bungie use to be the little guys and until the turn of the 21st century did they only become a popular AAA studios. These indie devs who makes games for Mobiles are usually creative yet young and inexperienced guys fresh from University who are bound to become great game developers for future big-budgeted AAA games.

This announcement is in fact bigger than their next IP. It shows us the generous game-developing philosophy of Bungie Studios.

• 06.30.2011 7:29 AM PDT

Be a part of The Intel Agency

H3ITWP is now The WorkPLace

Posted by: Full Time Loser

Posted by: HAN GNNAID

Exactly what I was thinking.

I really hope Bungie is enjoying all this.
The only plus is we don't get this let down on Bungie Day. They had the foresight to see the backlash and decided to just let it out there.

• 06.30.2011 7:29 AM PDT