Halo 3: ODST Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: ODST not appreciated for what it is:
  • Subject: ODST not appreciated for what it is:
Subject: ODST not appreciated for what it is:

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart."

This is my only reaction to your amazeing thread.

Well done.

• 07.15.2011 5:52 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I will not claim to be good at Halo. I am not the first and probably not the last.

It deserves much more praise.

• 07.15.2011 7:41 PM PDT

Hanger one I just shredded with the SMGs until ammo was out and I just threw 'nades like a boss while BRing.

My experience playing Cairo Station on Legendary

I am actually quite glad that there was no online multiplayer. You see, certain games are better left as a Story-line game. For instance, Oblivion. Sure Oblivion would have been great in Co-op, but online battles would have been very rigged.

• 07.15.2011 9:42 PM PDT

"You are the last of your kind: bred for combat, built for war. You're the master of any weapon, pilot of any vehicle, and fear no enemy"

People just really don't appreciate that the fact that Master Chief is going to be absent for a few years. I loved this game, and Reach for that sole purpose that your not a walking tank. Thanks OP, for fighting against stupidity, it's good to have you on our side.

• 07.16.2011 11:34 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Cory Peltier

I just say people that don't like this game aren't a true halo fan. If they were a true Halo fan they would play for story AND game play.

• 07.16.2011 12:36 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Cory Peltier

LOL, very nice.
Posted by: twiztid42O
This is my only reaction to your amazeing thread.

Well done.

• 07.16.2011 12:36 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Cory Peltier

No Oblivion would be a terrible Co-op game so would Skyrim; when it comes out but were not talking about Elder Scrolls here.
Posted by: Sector Z 157
I am actually quite glad that there was no online multiplayer. You see, certain games are better left as a Story-line game. For instance, Oblivion. Sure Oblivion would have been great in Co-op, but online battles would have been very rigged.

• 07.16.2011 12:39 PM PDT

Hanger one I just shredded with the SMGs until ammo was out and I just threw 'nades like a boss while BRing.

I'm glad to see that there many of you who can sift through the garbage talk and truly relish in the game and the path it took away from Master Chief.

• 07.17.2011 1:10 AM PDT

Recon armor was not gifted or bestowed upon me. I earned it through blood, sweat, and tears. Road to Recon complete, on to the next challenge. Halo 3: 1750/1750, ODST: 1000/1000, Reach: 1400/1400.

I want a sequal. Halo Reach: ODST

• 07.17.2011 1:45 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

ODST is like a fine wine.

• 07.17.2011 1:54 PM PDT

I am a huge fan of the Halo Lore and I completely agree with the post! As a fan of the ODST character, not just the ones in the game, but the overall thought that the ODSTs, if not for Spartans, are the best Marines the UNSC have. I actually felt more bad-ass when I completed ODSTs story on Normal then I did Completing Halo 3s story on Legendary. I loved the paces the Story put you through and the game spawned one of my favorite characters, Taylor " DUTCH " Miles. No sense in droaning on about the game, when I could be playing it! Great Post and Thanks!

• 07.17.2011 2:47 PM PDT

Posted by: Maverick Hall2
I am a huge fan of the Halo Lore and I completely agree with the post! As a fan of the ODST character, not just the ones in the game, but the overall thought that the ODSTs, if not for Spartans, are the best Marines the UNSC have. I actually felt more bad-ass when I completed ODSTs story on Normal then I did Completing Halo 3s story on Legendary. I loved the paces the Story put you through and the game spawned one of my favorite characters, Taylor " DUTCH " Miles. No sense in droaning on about the game, when I could be playing it! Great Post and Thanks!
Funny, actually. When pondering what contributing factors lead ODST to be the great game that it is, I actually hadn't considered that Mickey, Dutch, Romeo or Dare would be credited introductions. I'm glad that you brought this to my attention.

• 07.17.2011 11:37 PM PDT

Any fresh opinions?

• 07.31.2011 1:54 PM PDT

The character:
You're a -blam!- who can't jump.
The story:
There is none.
The gameplay:
Is terrible.
You are right that it isn't appreciated for what it is. Which is a massive pile of dump.

• 08.01.2011 12:54 AM PDT

Posted by: OV3L0D3
The character:
You're a -blam!- who can't jump.
The story:
There is none.
The gameplay:
Is terrible.
You are right that it isn't appreciated for what it is. Which is a massive pile of dump.
You never really backed up an of your comments other than saying the game sucks. The only reasonable comment you made was that the player cannot jump, which makes sense as they don't have augmented bodies with power armor.

• 08.01.2011 8:34 PM PDT

Posted by: SEAL Sniper 9
I agree with this one-hundred percent. The thing that's sad...Not many people will see this, which is a damn shame. People have just forgot about ODST and moved on. It's very saddening, all things considering. This was a phenomenal game, but so, so underrated. I deserves just as much praise as any other great Halo game.

This.

• 08.01.2011 9:07 PM PDT

Fantastic game, my second favourite game overall, my favourite being Halo 3.

• 08.17.2011 3:03 PM PDT

Check me out on the Youtubez, IMADGI :)

ughhhhhhhh i wanna play ODST now. too bad its scratched :'(

• 08.17.2011 10:27 PM PDT

rule of thumb: double tap

odst was a dlc, that greedy microsoft turned into a true game, and in my opinion the gameplay is better then 3's, and firefight is god

• 08.18.2011 4:53 AM PDT

I think a Halo: Reach based ODST game would be even more capturing than the Halo 2 based story we all love, even the designs of the ODST's in Reach was supposed to resemble that of a marine as they wear very similar armor, gone are the black armor clad soldiers of the Halo 2 - 3 era ODST's and in my opinion the Reach era ones look better, with grey combat trousers, a vest of hardened body armor and the iconic ODST helmet. If you've ever read Halo: Contact Harvest, it closely resembles the armor worn by Avery Johnson at the very beginning of that book.

• 08.18.2011 6:21 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

We are all dying.

Some faster than others..........

EVERY Halo is good. Especially ODST. (And Halo Wars!)

• 08.18.2011 10:36 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

We are all dying.

Some faster than others..........

Best Halo: H3
then ODST
then Reach
then CE
then Wars
then H2 [which i haven't played,:(]

• 08.18.2011 10:41 AM PDT

Walk by faith. Dude. Not by sight.

Best music, maybe the best campaign.

• 08.18.2011 3:09 PM PDT

l;abhrfiodj!!

It was fun while it lasted. There really wasn't any support for it from bungie after it was released. They could of had a title update with matchmaking, and maybe a little dlc with firefight maps. I never understood why firefight maps didn't include the AR

• 08.20.2011 11:54 AM PDT

Hi, my name is Stolen_Zombie! My morning routine is to bomb the ocean, eat a house, drink salt water, and kill a zombie. Many people consider me a jack ass because I eat corn flakes, I tell those people to go have sex with a kangaroo. After my morning routine, I rage over beating LNoS on mythic so I can get one step closer to mythic reach completion. I should mention that's after school. My diet is shotgun shells and paper airplanes, nice to meet you!

Posted by: SamTheWeebo
It was fun while it lasted. There really wasn't any support for it from bungie after it was released. They could of had a title update with matchmaking, and maybe a little dlc with firefight maps. I never understood why firefight maps didn't include the AR

I don't know, maybe because the AR is garbage? (then again the smg pretty much is except drones)

• 08.20.2011 12:09 PM PDT