Halo 3: ODST Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: ODST not appreciated for what it is:
  • Subject: ODST not appreciated for what it is:
Subject: ODST not appreciated for what it is:

Posted by: Sector Z 157
*sigh*, If you were around Bungie.net during ODST's development, you'd know that they didn't decide the price as it is Microsoft's decision. They regretted that it cost as much as it did.

You do know that you are accusing both bungie and Microsoft of illegal activity?

Here Apple got into trouble (later agreeing to settle). This vertical focus DOJ investigation also included Microsoft (DOJ is not a Microsoft fan) and its game/xbox control ... and yes the kind of collusion you claim was a focus point.

At most Microsoft can recommend a price point, which can be no more than 18% either way off the products base point - which bungie would have had to set. And this is a suggestion only ... anything more would have a visit from the DOJ.

Now ... do you have proof of this collusion?
Or you just guessing out aloud?

• 12.30.2012 4:14 AM PDT

Why Bungie, why would you do this?! - Halo Community

Posted by: Danger wasp 009
a Spartan ops-like mode only for ODSTs.

No. Just no.

• 12.30.2012 4:02 PM PDT

The Tech Game

1,000,000+ Members, and still going strong!

I was fine with ODST because of the achievements and it came with H3 MP.

• 01.01.2013 5:48 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I would like a lot a game with only marines or army soldier during the battle for harvest and other colonies. And odst's, obviously. each mission, different marine in a different battle. The game would be very hard: no Power shields or another spartan thing, but amazing! Spartans win battles, marines/army soldiers/odst's win wars. I liked so much odst campaign!

[Edited on 01.02.2013 1:29 AM PST]

• 01.02.2013 1:27 AM PDT

Posted by: kristnov
I would like a lot a game with only marines or army soldier during the battle for harvest and other colonies.

So are we talking a Halo Wars expansion?

• 01.02.2013 4:52 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

So halo reach is an halo wars expansion with spartan III?! And odst?!

• 01.02.2013 11:01 AM PDT

So halo reach is an halo wars expansion with spartan III?! And odst?!

Nah ... bungie got to it first.

Could hear them cry moar when HW was taken away from them.
The dummy spit which got them were they are now.

• 01.03.2013 3:34 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Can you explain better what you want to say?

• 01.03.2013 8:00 AM PDT

Can you explain better what you want to say?

Which part do you need spelt out ... got a number of posts in this thread, and a few of them as replies to yours ... and not about to repeat the lot - sorry.

• 01.04.2013 5:04 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

From "could... .i'm sorry, i'm italian.

• 01.05.2013 4:45 AM PDT

This may help.

It was well know that bungie thought themselves to be bigger and better than Microsoft, they tried to proves this with aerospace - but we know how that turned out.

Microsoft knew they had a spoilt child to deal with, and used Ensemble Studios to branch out into other studion to make the halo brand ... spread the risk.

This did not impress bungie ... bungie (like the spoilt child) acted even more badly ... and hence we are here today.

• 01.05.2013 6:15 AM PDT

Posted by: x Foman123 x

Posted by: TH3_AV3NG3R
What house has a rocket pod, has legs, and has a long narrow barrel that probably shoots something powerful?

Sounds like you're describing the lower half of my body, actually.

Sorry, I am not going to glorify over-priced DLC.

• 01.06.2013 9:15 PM PDT