Crimson Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Can Crimson take down Angry Birds?
  • Subject: Can Crimson take down Angry Birds?
Subject: Can Crimson take down Angry Birds?
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

Posted by: Oh GodLike One
And yet we till have some people believing that CSP can take the lead ???
not even sure if Rovio Entertainment are aware of Crimson Steam Pirates mere existence, suppose once they find/found out, they burst out laughing?

• 08.19.2012 9:36 PM PST

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

Lol, Crimson has a little over 400000 doanloads (According to Apple). What does Angry Birds have? Millions, thats what.

• 08.20.2012 3:03 AM PST

Posted by: Multijirachi
Lol, Crimson has a little over 400000 doanloads (According to Apple). What does Angry Birds have? Millions, thats what.

Doubt bungie cared.

They still took their 30% ... not sure how man of those downloads are of the non-free/trial version ... but regardless cost bungie NOTHING ... so kinda like %100 profit.

bungie didnt even pay-up to renew the cromsin trademark ... keeping those profits all to their own.

• 08.20.2012 5:24 AM PST

I'm assuming Aerospace was a massive failure because there hasn't been a single update in...coming up on a full year. That's.... embarrassing.

• 08.28.2012 7:37 PM PST

Posted by: PinkPanther4125
I'm assuming Aerospace was a massive failure because there hasn't been a single update in...coming up on a full year. That's.... embarrassing.

Forget the update ... although agree that is lame.

But what about;
- No other titles from ANYONE,
- What about the promise to help other indie developers,
... what, did no others exist?!?
- what about the financial resources?
... HBS had to go to free market to get their $1.8mil.
... no help from bungie, who else needed their 'resources'
- why did they drop their own trademark?

Its funny actually.
After years of bagging Microsoft and throwing a fit until they got their 'freedom', bungie didnt even last a year at playing publisher ... and in the mobile marketplace. And to top that off, they ran back to Activision after discrediting them back in 2000 when it all started.
bungie - lol

• 08.30.2012 5:53 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: it1345
Keira Knightley lacks the boobs to be a 10

Her eyebrows or eyes annoy me. Lower half of her face is good, but I wouldn't give her 10. 8

• 09.02.2012 9:01 PM PST

Posted by: Chilltage

Her eyebrows or eyes annoy me. Lower half of her face is good, but I wouldn't give her 10. 8

Keira Knightley as a CSP character ?!?!? Wishful thinking.

Just as CSP is NEVER going to take down Angry Birds ... Keira Knightley is never going to associate herself with this game.
(hey, even bungie dropped aerospace ... and it was their baby)

But here is a challenge for both these super hunks.
Post a photo showing either of you even getting the attention of Keira Knightley (without it involving a restraining order)... lol.

• 09.03.2012 6:44 AM PST
  • user homepage:

The only reason I don't try Crimson is that I am too busy in playing Angry Birds. Honestly, nothing beats Angry birds, and now that Bad piggies is coming out, even less.

[Edited on 09.26.2012 5:08 AM PDT]

• 09.06.2012 9:38 AM PST

Posted by: davidkills
Honestly, nothing beats Angry birds

And on so many more platforms.

It was funny how bungie elected not to release all the HBS platforms at once ... even though the game engine supported them all from day one. The team at HBS actually delevoped the game on windows PC's. Few of their devs actually laughed about this on the platform forums.

• 09.07.2012 6:12 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Indeed, I agree to you. The eyes sucks

• 09.16.2012 1:32 PM PST

Posted by: davidkills
Indeed, I agree to you. The eyes sucks

Either of you Adonis like individuals care to provide a comparison self-image ... lol.

I also love how the forum mods can come down on anyone who reply-posts (noting 'Harassment') yet cannot extend this same rights to a public individual, and for whom the post is completely off-topic.

Well done forum mods.
Have provided this as an example site for pro-retrictions panels setup in Australia, EU, UK and the US. Seems to be that the troll meter alert has hit an all-time high ... over-the-top, but always willing to act as a concerned citizen when the opportunity arises - lol.

• 09.21.2012 5:09 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Hate to ask ... but how many updates did bungie release for reach?

The original developer has moved on, from all accounts the trial using bungie did not work out that well for them.

Doubt anyone will see bungie get another title to publish.

• 09.21.2012 9:52 PM PST

Posted by: Separikakku

Hate to ask ... but how many updates did bungie release for reach?

Careful ... they are banworthy words you be using.

True, bungie didnt release any updates (unless you want to include cash raising DLC). Guess they thought it perfect ... or at least perfect enough to meet contractual requirements.

Ironically those that now bag 343 for not 'fixing' reach were happy enough that bungie didnt release updates.

• 09.22.2012 4:51 AM PST

OT: LolNo

• 10.05.2012 2:53 AM PST

Posted by: Player3Th0mas1
OT: LolNo

Someone had to ask the question ... just like some on the reach forum hope that it two will take the #1 UU position one day.

Guess with reach at least you can see that they would have paid top dollar on day of release, so the 'hope' would be driven by getting some value for money ... but with this thing ?!?

• 10.05.2012 3:25 AM PST

Posted by: siennasmith
With all due respect, eventough I wish it could, but Crimson can't beat Angry Birds... In a month Angry Birds Star Wars will be available in the appstore... Then everyone wants to have that app...(Even me, as a big crimson fan)

[Edited on 10.10.2012 9:54 AM PDT by x Foman123 x]

So is 'siennasmith' actually 'x Foman123 x'?
Is 'x Foman123 x' forgetting to update/remove the Edit tag line?
Or is this a paid political post adjustment?
Has this forum got interesting again?

Either way ... perhaps Crimson can take down Angry Birds ... at least on this forum provided enough posts can be altered to suggest it is so - lol.

• 10.10.2012 4:05 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

Posted by: siennasmith
Angry Birds Star Wars
gave me an idea: BUNGiE Aerospace to releases Crimson Steam Pirates Halo?
Posted by: Oh GodLike One
Either way ... perhaps Crimson can take down Angry Birds ... at least on this forum provided enough posts can be altered to suggest it is so - lol.

that's the spirit x Foman123 x! keep it up, after a few more edits Crimson could take down Angry Birds (hopefully the user only reads this thread and doesn't check the app store stats)

• 10.10.2012 8:17 PM PST

Posted by: an00ward
:P

Hey ... nice set of links you have there on your profile page.
Welcome new member.

Mind you your google analytics profile looks a lot like that other new visitor, 'ankerd123' ... looks like you guys have been using the same access point - and given the time difference he must have felt the warmth off your seat.
Spookie how that happens some times.

• 10.11.2012 2:06 AM PST

Posted by: wigle_agnes

Thanks but no thanks mr adbot.

• 10.17.2012 3:34 AM PST

Posted by: wigle_agnes
yeah crimson can beat angry birds by the way, I found a great way to find all AA meetings US at sober.com.

You do know that the OP was talking about 'angry birds' the game ... not just a collection of park pigeons upset at drunks crowding their space??

Either way ... kinda think it would be better to attend just a single quality meeting, rather than shop around looking for drinking mates.

Glad to see you kept on-topic ... wouldnt want the first post in a week to get locked :(

• 10.17.2012 4:36 AM PST

Does bungie take a 30% cut off you building supplies and tools ... like they did for Hairebraind Schemes?

Imagine if they can find a way - lol

• 10.19.2012 2:16 AM PST