Halo: Combat Evolved Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: How does Sargent Johnson survive the end of halo 1 ledgendary ending??
  • Subject: How does Sargent Johnson survive the end of halo 1 ledgendary ending??
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: How does Sargent Johnson survive the end of halo 1 ledgendary ending??

One cone to splatter em all!!

They needed to bring him back so it was a mistake to let him die in 1 it's not A easter egg. In the last bungie ViDoc they even admitted it so yeah pretty much case closed.

• 03.10.2012 9:16 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Zealot Tony
The cinematic showed Sgt. Johnson surrounded by infection forms, with blood spilling across the grey flooring.
The Guilty Spark battle was excessively scripted so even if you managed to bypass Guilty Spark (invincibility + grenade + auto-turret + hammer), Johnson will still die. Which is why I do not ascribe to the conclusion that he died by the Monitor.

• 03.10.2012 3:12 PM PDT

My main xbox gamertag is Jrman16753
Do you like intelligent debating? Join secular sevens.
Do you love space and astormony join space explorers.
My name is Jordan, I like video games, books, films, history, science, politics, geography and religion.
Never stop learning and always question.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Sapere aude

No johnson was ever named.

• 03.11.2012 3:18 PM PDT

from what i can remember is that after that a pelican loaded with a spartan in cryo and 4 marines (i think) picked him up and killed the elite and flew off the planet

• 03.11.2012 10:22 PM PDT

He was revived by the power of popularity

• 03.24.2012 10:29 AM PDT

He was supposed to die, but since he was a fan favorite he didn't not mention there was only supposed to be one Halo game ever. In the Book "First Strike" it says Johnson and other survivors hopped on a pelican. The only question is how? The last you see or hear of Johnson is at the flood sight. One of the stories in the graphic novel shows how Johnson escaped the facility,(the flood can't infect him do to past injuries) but it doesn't highlight was happens after. A possibility is that Foehammer picked him up, and he went to Alpha base, but then what? It is obvious that in all, Sargent Avery Johnson is related to, the one and only Chuck Norris!!!!

• 04.15.2012 9:24 AM PDT

My main xbox gamertag is Jrman16753
Do you like intelligent debating? Join secular sevens.
Do you love space and astormony join space explorers.
My name is Jordan, I like video games, books, films, history, science, politics, geography and religion.
Never stop learning and always question.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Sapere aude

Posted by: sdnomdE
In the strictest sense, Johnson isn't a character in Halo 1. The name Johnson is effectively vestigial, being mentioned only in the credits (next to other named non-characters) and in the in-game files. In-game he's used as any other stock marine object, if notable at all only because he's used more often than the others. The in-game appearances that are "Johnson" in the Halo canon were all specified retroactively by later materials.

In other words, Johnson doesn't really exist in Halo 1 as a particular character, let alone die.

The legendary ending is nothing but an screwy easter egg anyway.

The Easter egg was meant to be an joke nothing more.

[Edited on 04.21.2012 6:44 AM PDT]

• 04.21.2012 6:43 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

I thought Dustin Echoes grabbed him at the last second...

• 05.16.2012 7:20 PM PDT

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

That elite put a prototype teleporter in his back pocket, and Johnson was teleported to a Pelican.

• 05.18.2012 2:42 PM PDT

halo reach rocks!!!!!!!!

dude you spelt autumn wrong HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 06.04.2012 4:57 PM PDT

This is a Reach account that I created the day they announced his name in a bnet weekly update. Any stats regarding ODST or Halo 3 are irrelevant. Also, Halo CE master race. Halo 1 > other halo games > other games.

Account Status: Silver :(

"Let's bring back Johnson" "But he died." "Plothole...oh crap. Let's just say it's not cannon. Yeah!" - Bungie in 2002

[Edited on 06.04.2012 5:34 PM PDT]

• 06.04.2012 5:34 PM PDT

Posted by: nesteggfailure
I thought Dustin Echoes grabbed him at the last second...
Dustin is quite a popular guy these days.

• 06.04.2012 6:56 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

he armour locked

• 06.04.2012 10:39 PM PDT

Posted by: path1k
he armour locked
winner of the thread through sheer fail

• 06.06.2012 8:36 PM PDT

~:O>~~

He's the prodigy of 50 cent.

• 06.07.2012 5:59 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

Posted by: Carthurlane
He's the prodigy of 50 cent.
no

• 06.07.2012 4:23 PM PDT

Ripped out the elite's shields i bet

• 06.14.2012 10:00 AM PDT

lol I feel like I'm the only one here who got that

"just dust and echoes"

• 07.12.2012 10:36 PM PDT

You are either a retard or a 10 year old...perhaps both

• 07.12.2012 10:41 PM PDT

Emma Riding

In Halo 2, in the first scene, a marine goes "So, Johnson, when you gonna tell me how you got home in one piece anyway?" in which Johnson replies "Sorry cant tell you that, s'classified". I know this probably won't help what so ever but thought i'd just throw that one out there.

[Edited on 08.30.2012 8:33 PM PDT]

• 08.30.2012 8:32 PM PDT

I have often wondered that. But the replies to this thread have satisfied my curiosity.

• 08.31.2012 9:29 PM PDT

First in social ranked firefight campaign competitive and ODST goose splatters.
My other account is UrbanTwisticle
20,000+ total matchmade goose splatters

Check out my YouTube Channel

If he can survive CE he can be in Halo 4.

• 09.06.2012 2:08 AM PDT

I am a very obsessive Halo fan and i have been one from the day i started playing games. i am an expert driver of any vehicle you can name in the halo series. For those of you who do not know me might not understand the way i will feel about "Halo" now that 343 has taken over. The Halo series will never be the same now that bungie is not making it, but i still love the Halo games that are made by bungie and any game that bungie makes.

Anybody ever give it the simple thought that 343 is the worst "thing" to ever happen to halo? Blame them for Johnson mysteriously dieing repeatedly, even though there is no possible way they couldve been involved i blame them. No matter what i will forever consider it to be their fault and if anyone else agrees i could use some support. 343 needs to step down before they completely ruin "Halo" or so 343 continues to call that abomination, they have no right to come in and destroy the game the world truly loves.

• 09.12.2012 12:04 AM PDT

Posted by: Bamaboy251
Anybody ever give it the simple thought that 343 is the worst "thing" to ever happen to halo? Blame them for Johnson mysteriously dieing repeatedly, even though there is no possible way they couldve been involved i blame them. No matter what i will forever consider it to be their fault and if anyone else agrees i could use some support. 343 needs to step down before they completely ruin "Halo" or so 343 continues to call that abomination, they have no right to come in and destroy the game the world truly loves.
What exactly have they "ruined"? Bungie has made all the Halo games so far, except Anniversary and a map pack. Bungie is the company that -blam!- everything up that we spent so much time on. 343 Hasn't done basically anything and yet here you are ripping them as if they are the cause of all the problems.

Take your head out of your ass and think before you post next time.

And for the last time, Johnson and the Elite were an Easter Egg. It was put in there before they realized they would be using him in Halo 2.

[Edited on 09.15.2012 10:05 AM PDT]

• 09.15.2012 10:04 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 3