Halo: Combat Evolved Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: How does Sargent Johnson survive the end of halo 1 ledgendary ending??
  • Subject: How does Sargent Johnson survive the end of halo 1 ledgendary ending??
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: How does Sargent Johnson survive the end of halo 1 ledgendary ending??

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

Posted by: zZJeWiShGhOsTZz
In Halo 2, in the first scene, a marine goes "So, Johnson, when you gonna tell me how you got home in one piece anyway?" in which Johnson replies "Sorry cant tell you that, s'classified". I know this probably won't help what so ever but thought i'd just throw that one out there.

Read First Strike. It was classified that he hi-jacked a Covenant ship with Master Chief. It was classified he saw a Forerunner crystal. It was also classified that he helped Chief blow up a Covenant capital ship.

• 09.15.2012 8:55 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I think he escaped in a pelican before that

• 09.24.2012 5:30 AM PDT

Easter Egg Hunter. Apprentice Tricker/Glitcher (learning from Grumpy and Sliding Ghost).

Trying to get Waypoint to update Halo 3 stats in detail like here. Now no one can see that my Halo 3 Spartan no longer looks like my Reach Spartan.

Really want to be a Heroic member or have a title. :/

That is just an easter egg for completing the legendary ending. It didn't really happen. It would be way to long to explain what really happened so I suggest reading Halo: First Strike.

Basically Johnson, an odst, a lieutenant from oni, and a pilot chick name Polaski were in a Pelican and Chief found them and 3 cryopods (one of which contained a fellow spartan, Linda) while in his longsword. Together they all hijacked the Ascendant Justice and jumped to Reach to see if any of the other spartans made it. They found Halsey, a high ranking Admiral named Whitcomb, and the other spartans and left Reach with a broken UNSC frigate, Gettysburg . Halsey however has a forerunner crystal that manipulates slipspace and they can't use plasma safely because it either evaporates or teleports around slipspace randomly. They eventually find a large Covenant fleet about to go to Earth. The spartans attempt to destroy the fleet but fail. Then, as the Spartans escape, the lieutenant and admiral take the Ascendant Justice with a bomb and destroy the fleet. Throughout the book, many people were lost and the only ones that are still alive at this point are John, Linda, Fred, Halsey and Kelly (who left the group earlier), Cortana, and Johnson. It then goes to High Charity where the Prophet of Truth commands Tartarus to bring the incompetent (Supreme Commander/Arbiter Thel 'Vadamee) for punishment on losing an installation. I left out a lot of details so for the full thing read the book.

• 10.11.2012 1:01 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

my gt is Godzillla....i just didnt link it properly

wasnt there something in the halo graphic novel about how he escaped ...

that may have been him escaping from somewhere else but it was this stylized comic that had no words but was just him fighting his way through this area with flood eventually making it out

• 10.21.2012 9:34 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Exalted Heroic Member

According to himself at the very beginning of Halo 2's Cairo Station mission, "That's classified, soldier!"

[Edited on 10.21.2012 11:50 AM PDT]

• 10.21.2012 11:50 AM PDT

He survived Halo 3 and will be in Halo 4. Trust me, he'll be back..

• 10.21.2012 12:15 PM PDT

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial. And it is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves the flag, whose coffin is draped in the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag.Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Posted by: Wilis_kid

Zombie Johnson?

• 10.21.2012 6:38 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Wilis_kid

That would be hilariously canon-defying if it actually happened.
Or some sort of rookie son type thing. (The guy wasn't a spring chicken...he could have a recruit kid...trying to live up to Dad's name while picking off freezer burn...tapping at the wall at night...)

• 10.21.2012 8:46 PM PDT

Hello and welcome to my lair... MUAHAHAHHA!

Because he's a Transformer, he turned into a jet and flew away!

• 10.26.2012 11:18 AM PDT

its probally a bit late but here is the most logically theory possible at one of the last terminals in anivarrsary 343 guilty spark said he might be able to manipulat the covenant and the unsc minds in order to light the rings but also several times guilty spark had teleported cheif around the rings. so maybe 343 guilty spark teleported johnson to safty and the elite to safty. b ut why the elite because maybe the elite is arbiter and maybe arbiter was there at the last stand of noble six .arbiter is left handed. in halo 2 a litttle after arbiter became arbiter. johnson and arbiter keep calling themselves as arch rivals as if they met each other before. and another answer to the question how did johnson survive the flood? will power. the flood is a parasite with a mind enough will power will kill it. in anivarrsary keyes had almost been free of the flood but had not much will power left so he was succumb over a huge pure flood form. now that explains that.

• 11.02.2012 12:15 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Because the Magnum is easily THE best gun in Halo:combat evolved, thenthey ruin it in Halo:3 lol

while playing levels assissted by Johnson, I found his dead body on the floor a few times while looking for ammo, guess they didn't make certan human AI with significance to the storyline indestructble until Halo:2. :)

[Edited on 12.02.2012 2:06 AM PST]

• 12.02.2012 2:01 AM PDT

Just playing some games that's all :3

Posted by: Frenzy Killer
After beating the original halo 1 i saw the cut scene with johnson and the elite hugging as the pillar of atum explodes but he comes back in the second halo why is that and how did he survive???

Well from reading Halo:First Strike,Johnson was in space already before the ring blew up and he jumped into longsword Chief was piloting

• 12.02.2012 7:10 AM PDT

I make Halo related videos on YouTube, here is my link:

YouTube Subscribe!

It isnt classed as a part of Halo canon, just and easter egg, if you will.

• 12.03.2012 6:56 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Because the Magnum is easily THE best gun in Halo:combat evolved, thenthey ruin it in Halo:3 lol

Yeah,but it was a pretty troll easter egg, so much confusion has spawned due to it!! lol

• 12.03.2012 3:33 PM PDT

Been with Bungie since 1996, and no plans of leaving.

Was I the only one that killed Johnson all the time in the campaign???

• 12.07.2012 6:30 AM PDT

Because Bungie realized that they couldn't kill off someone with the name 'Sgt. Major Johnson'.

• 12.08.2012 7:58 AM PDT

hello im bullsniper12 im a die hard halo fan. im also the GNA clan leader and also incharge for BLACKCELLOPERATIONS on you tube.
but i love everything about halo.

hello im known as bullsniper12 on xbl. i think that what happen in the legendary ending did not happen in the story line but that was just for some fun u know but anything is possible u know.

• 12.26.2012 9:10 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

With his rousing speeches.

The enthusiasm from the Elite combined with all the positive energy shielded them from Halo's fire.

• 12.26.2012 10:01 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 3