Bungie Universe
This topic has moved here: Subject: Bungie's new game
  • Subject: Bungie's new game
Subject: Bungie's new game

Posted by: Th3Bl4ckKn1ght
I just know Bungie's new project is something extraordinary, I mean look at all of their games and how much of an impact they've had on gaming and like zelliam said, they have the whole team working on it. THE ENTIRE STUDIO! My imagination runs wild with all the possibilities that could be Bungie's next game. I almost feel like Charlie Bucket looking through the iron gates at Willy Wonka's chocolate factory and wondering what mysteries and secrets lie within.

The new game possibilities are tantalising and I'm really curious what the whole studio is up to. For Halo they had 3 teams at one point; Halo 3, Halo ODST and Reach.

My guess is the new game has already been in the works for a longggggg time already.

• 01.22.2012 4:06 PM PDT

Posted by: the real Janaka
My thoughts exactly!

And seeing as Bungie's near hour lond ViDoc had clues that somewhat reinforced the possibility of the game being open world, chances are your theories arne't that far off.

Thanks, I'm hoping they execute and deliver another evolutionary development of single universe, open world and gamer generated content in their new game.

• 01.22.2012 4:08 PM PDT

Vengeance only leads to an ongoing cycle of hatred.

I'm not really looking forward to Bungie's new game, at the moment. Maybe once we hear some news, I'll look forward to it more. But, for right now, I'm focused on Halo 4 instead.

• 01.22.2012 4:14 PM PDT

I acknowledge my user name is stupid. However, I promise I'm not.

Disclaimer: The latter is a lie.

I made the exact same post a while back and everybody thought I was a fool. Regardless, I agree with you obviously. That quote you made reference to was definitely the one which had excited me the most.

I think we're right, broski.

• 01.22.2012 4:16 PM PDT

I wouldn't get your hopes up to high for halo 4.. With halo Reach they really strayed away from what made halo, well halo. With Halo Reach it more or less feels like you're playing another game entirely. So I believe Halo 4 is just going to lead them further away from Halo's original and unique style of game play. If they took stronger notice in what the fans really thought, they would see that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were the best (and probably will always be the best considering the direction they are headed now). Those games just felt right, the competitiveness of the online play was also remarkable.. Something they could not achieve for the simple fact of the loss of the ranking system.. Leveling in Halo Reach is like leveling in just any other shooter, the competitiveness has been wiped out entirely. I do not believe it matters what company try's to create the next halo game, I believe they have gone to far off trail with halo and it's only a matter of time before the community falls apart.

• 01.22.2012 4:32 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I'm not certain that Bungie's next game will be anything on a grand scale like an MMO as some people are speculating, as consoles are nearing the last part of their life cycle.

• 01.22.2012 4:38 PM PDT

Posted by: SEAL Sniper 9
I'm not really looking forward to Bungie's new game, at the moment. Maybe once we hear some news, I'll look forward to it more. But, for right now, I'm focused on Halo 4 instead.

Yeah I can't stop looking for new information on Halo 4 either.

• 01.22.2012 5:27 PM PDT

Posted by: BeeMurr
I'm not certain that Bungie's next game will be anything on a grand scale like an MMO as some people are speculating, as consoles are nearing the last part of their life cycle.

An accurate comment about the end of the current gen life cycle, however, there are currently 66 million xbox 360's in circulation.

Now add another 60 million PS3's to that I think we're going to see a subscription type system coming to consoles. Possibly not MMO subscription but maybe a micro-transaction system like Eve etc.

At any rate even thought it's nearing the next generation I believe a single universe brings that PC based MMO option of support multiple platform AND multiple generation consoles into the same game.

After all on PC you have vastly different systems, connections, graphics etc all running from the same engine.

I also believe the new game is commence Bungie as providing a backend system similar to Epic and the Unreal engine.

• 01.22.2012 5:30 PM PDT

Please don't hype for games...
They'll just fall short of your expectations and you'll complain for months.

Posted by: Ktan Dantaktee
Posted by: Oddley765
I'm surprised Bungie.net is full of Halo chatter and little to do with speculation on their new game IP.

What's with that?

We haven't gotten any teases from Bungie. We're getting craploads of teases from 343i about Halo 4. Hell, they're even releasing concept art this month! What has Bungie given us? Some text.

If bungie is back on the 3 year cycle, then don't expect a preview until E3 2013. Although they have hinted that they may have a teaser this year.

• 01.22.2012 8:14 PM PDT

Posted by: Alpha00

Posted by: Ktan Dantaktee
I'm surprised Bungie.net is full of Halo chatter and little to do with speculation on their new game IP.

What's with that?

We haven't gotten any teases from Bungie. We're getting craploads of teases from 343i about Halo 4. Hell, they're even releasing concept art this month! What has Bungie given us? Some text.

If bungie is back on the 3 year cycle, then don't expect a preview until E3 2013. Although they have hinted that they may have a teaser this year.
Haven't they been working on this for a while now? Some of the team broke off and started work on it as early as Halo 3, I thought.

• 01.22.2012 8:46 PM PDT

-/
/
|(::)(::)(::)|
[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]

What's with that?

Well Bungie hasn't really given us anything to discuss, so why wouldn't it be all about Halo?

• 01.22.2012 8:59 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

A good site to go to is Destinypedia.net
Then click Destinypedia forums on the left hand column.
The forum was made by Foman. I am over there, with my original account.

• 01.22.2012 10:06 PM PDT

What's with that?

Because Reach.

• 01.22.2012 10:21 PM PDT

I'm THE one and only Big, Angry Worm. Tapeworm...?

The only reason I come to these forums is to see if there's anything new on their new game. But Bungie has gone so dark. No info anywhere.

• 01.23.2012 5:09 AM PDT

Oly Oly Oxen Free

I'm excited to see more.

• 01.23.2012 6:53 AM PDT

Posted by: GroteBozePier
The only reason I come to these forums is to see if there's anything new on their new game. But Bungie has gone so dark. No info anywhere.

Dark as night. I'm wondering if anything is planned for first or second quarter this year?

[Edited on 01.23.2012 7:05 PM PST]

• 01.23.2012 7:04 PM PDT

Posted by: The Dutchman
I'm excited to see more.

I didn't think I'd be anticipating Bungie's new game. I do find myself trying to work/find things out and now realise my curiosity is near its limit about this new game.

• 01.23.2012 7:06 PM PDT

@spawn031

"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories." John Williams

I'd much rather have an interactive world like WoW or KOTOR where your decisions not only impact your gameplay online, but how the world interacts with other players as well.

Sort of like Albion in Fable, except on a multiplayer scale.

• 01.23.2012 7:15 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Member
  • user homepage:

do not mest wit ma mom!

Well, Long story short Halo has been one of the greatest games that have ever came to modern game History. The question is, Is what is to come in the future.

• 01.23.2012 7:40 PM PDT

Posted by: spawn031
I'd much rather have an interactive world like WoW or KOTOR where your decisions not only impact your gameplay online, but how the world interacts with other players as well.

Sort of like Albion in Fable, except on a multiplayer scale.

I agree but I would like that interactive world to have a continuous and dynamic story set in the world by the developers but derived from the players, games, interactions and content generated.

Basically I'd love to see live DLC style story, set pieces and rewards elements combined with multiplayer single universe interactions. Essentially creating a new hybrid style game that builds itself with continued support and crafting from the developers.

It would be evolutionary, unique and if executed correctly would lead to a continuous development cycle and player interaction/input.

• 01.23.2012 7:59 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member

"A life lived for others is the only life worth living" - Albert Einstein

"I have your RCON right here." - Iggwilv

"Always my pleasure to be lazy." - InvasionImminent

This is exactly what the game is (Well... According to my fantasies of it.):

Imagine a game where everything is persistent much like an MMORPG. You have multiple factions and many servers that you can join that all contain one giant landscape (or possibly multiple planets). The game's combat is of a FPS origin, but takes on much more than any other FPS has ever achieved.

When you join a server, you choose from a number of factions. From there, you go straight into a war that is taking place between these various factions. There are battles sprawling everywhere throughout the map. There are cities, bases, and possibly even planets being invaded by players against other players. The war never stops until one side finally wins. If that happens the server will either restart or the fallen enemies can form a rebellion.

That's what I've got so far... I ought to stop dreaming right now so that I'm not disappointed when it arrives. :/

• 01.23.2012 8:11 PM PDT

Posted by: Dr Syx
This is exactly what the game is (Well... According to my fantasies of it.):

Imagine a game where everything is persistent much like an MMORPG.

So it's decided, the game is a real time open world single universe FPS-MMO-RPG-RTS. WICKED!

We need a new name for this new genre...Overkill?

• 01.24.2012 4:00 PM PDT

Yeah, the question if they can top halo. I think that they possibly could and i hope that they make another fps that would be beast!

• 01.24.2012 5:22 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member

"A life lived for others is the only life worth living" - Albert Einstein

"I have your RCON right here." - Iggwilv

"Always my pleasure to be lazy." - InvasionImminent

We need a new name for this new genre...Overkill?
How is it "Overkill"? My idea is on the same level your idea is... Sort of hypocritical to call mine "Overkill".

[Edited on 01.24.2012 5:36 PM PST]

• 01.24.2012 5:35 PM PDT

Posted by: BioHazardForce
Yeah, the question if they can top halo. I think that they possibly could and i hope that they make another fps that would be beast!

I'm with you I hope the perspective is FPS and the genre other elements come into play from there.

• 01.24.2012 6:12 PM PDT