Crimson Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Now on Google Chrome!
  • Subject: Now on Google Chrome!
Subject: Now on Google Chrome!
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: RC 1207 Sev
Can y'all do Firefox?

Why not install Chrome??

If you are demanding enough to care about your browser, you are NOT going to care for the game. And on Chrome prepare yourself for a buggie (more then iOS, which is bad enough) game with a very un-natural interface.

Why did bungie think they should start charging for the game?
(espec. after all the money they got off the halo sales)

• 07.12.2012 5:28 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

Posted by: Separikakku
during the BUNGiE staff holiday, they woke up next morning to empty bottles and cigarette buts. the worst part was on the way home back to Washington, they each receive a call from the woman they got it on with that regretful night.

9 months later the battle for child support continues eventually resulting in a price being charged for Crimson Steam Pirates to compensate all for those $$$ willingly given to support those single mothers

hope we all learnt a lesson here, pirate or not, use protection, especially in Vegas

• 07.12.2012 11:44 PM PST

I am an Xbox Live Ambassador so feel free to hit me up with any questions via PM :)

Follow me Twitter: @TheBestTheyHad

Posted by: HOOBLA 911
Sweet :)

• 07.15.2012 12:32 PM PST

Posted by: Separikakku
Posted by: RC 1207 Sev
Can y'all do Firefox?

Why not install Chrome??

If you are demanding enough to care about your browser, you are NOT going to care for the game. And on Chrome prepare yourself for a buggie (more then iOS, which is bad enough) game with a very un-natural interface.

Since when did asking translate to demanding?

• 07.18.2012 6:21 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member

Honey Waffles :D
Waffles
Miku Waffles :3
My old profile
R.I.P Halo 2 :'(
[Join B.net 3.30.08] ~TGW

Been playing this on my ipad2 its great to see it on my browser now!
~TGW

• 07.18.2012 10:36 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Check out My youtube Channel For Vaious Types of Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFadedSparrowHD?feature=mhee

• 07.19.2012 1:57 AM PST

Posted by: Waffle
Been playing this on my ipad2 its great to see it on my browser now!
~TGW

And you like it better on a browser because ....?

Is it 'geat' because of the ability to [not] move your game progress between devices?

Or is it great as the ux is even more of a challange to use in the browser version?

Or that you can now pay MORE money to bungie for THE SAME GAME ON A DIFFERENT DEVICE ?!?

Gotta think that it would have been better for bungie and everyone else just to release a second game rather than the same game (on an already supported) second platform?
Imaging a book publisher ... "yeah, we have released many books ... like this one, oh yeah and this same one in a hardback format, and yeah here it is again on a slightly larger page. Like we ARE a power publisher" ... lol.
(author shakes head, turns around and walks away)

• 07.23.2012 4:53 AM PST
  •  | 
  • Exalted Mythic Member

....spongy, bungie, who cares? I got mine!

Posted by: Oh GodLike One
Imaging a book publisher ... "yeah, we have released many books ... like this one, oh yeah and this same one in a hardback format, and yeah here it is again on a slightly larger page. Like we ARE a power publisher"

Haha, funniest post I've seen in a WHILE!

But, as for me, never tried this game, never plan to, I am kinda taken aback that everyone thinks this is a Bungie game instead of just published by Bungie. Also the fact Bungie did kind of drop the ball when it came to marketing this game. They marketed it in a way they used to write their old Halo 2 weekly updates...

Vague and lacking detail. I am actually surprised the description for the game doesn't contain about 50 "-REDACTED-" tags.

• 07.27.2012 7:41 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Timmie
I am kinda taken aback that everyone thinks this is a Bungie game instead of just published by Bungie.
you shouldn't be, that was probably their master plan

• 07.28.2012 6:42 PM PST

Formerly darkbrute (no I was not perma-banned.)

Posted by: Bradllez
Members here dont get banned.

They just go missing in action.

Posted by: DeeJ
Crimson: Steam Pirates is now playable in your web browser.
I clicked it and I was sent to the mail sack. What now?

• 07.29.2012 12:57 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: diggnURgrave
now you have to stand by for the next hint

• 07.29.2012 3:56 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: diggnURgrave

Welcome to Bungie Publishing school 101 - lol.

Funny how the managers of this forum dont understand many of the basic concepts, even providing referenced links.
Did have hopes for this DeeJ mod - but always willing to say when I am wrong.

Almost forgot the weekly visit to this site.
Always find some great material to show clients on how NOT to develop a public facing site (at a client now - get paid consulting rates thanks to Bungie). Kinda sad to see Bungie fade though as I now need to explain how they once positioned themselves in the world.

• 07.30.2012 5:28 AM PST

Posted by: A Bit Of Zero
This thread would have appealed to me more if it was written with crayons.
Posted by: King Dutchy
I broke one of the cords for my X11s because I couldn't get past the final American course in Doritos Crash Course.

never knew it was a free game, cool beans.

• 07.30.2012 7:00 PM PST

Posted by: SkilPhil
never knew it was a free game, cool beans.

Before you get too excited ... free as in 'only the first few trial levels are free' ... after that the freedom ends.
You would expect that bungie could survive without the penny-and-dime action earnt here (after the copy-paste that was halo, plus all the DLC) ... and given that "aerospace" was meant to assist new developers (not make more $$) ... but hey.

Dont expect bungie or any of the forum mods to point that out though ... too busy trying to close the chatter down.

• 07.31.2012 4:59 AM PST

Wort, Wort, Wort!

Lots of fun, finally got to play it.

GG Bungie

• 07.31.2012 2:54 PM PST

Posted by: A Bit Of Zero
This thread would have appealed to me more if it was written with crayons.
Posted by: King Dutchy
I broke one of the cords for my X11s because I couldn't get past the final American course in Doritos Crash Course.

You would expect that bungie could survive without the penny-and-dime action earnt here (after the copy-paste that was halo, plus all the DLC) ... and given that "aerospace" was meant to assist new developers (not make more $$) ... but hey.

Dont expect bungie or any of the forum mods to point that out though ... too busy trying to close the chatter down.

I expect Bungie could survive, but Im sure Hair Brained Schemes, the people who actually developed the game, rely quite a lot on the money they make from the game.

• 08.01.2012 9:39 AM PST

Posted by: SkilPhil

I expect Bungie could survive, but Im sure Hair Brained Schemes, the people who actually developed the game, rely quite a lot on the money they make from the game.

Need not suspect ... the owner all but said the same thing in one of the dev forums.

Basically Apple took their usual 30%, and then bungie did the same (even though their stated aim was to 'help startup developers' ... not help themselves to the revenue).

But what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Hair Brained have released other ganes since ... and tellingly NOT through bungie. Guess they also wondered what the profit cut was paying for exactly ... anyone ever see a bungie sponsored press release in the lead up to the all important xmas period?

• 08.02.2012 4:39 AM PST

Posted by: Dodge Reborn
The flood is always butthurt about something.

KotOR

The game is pretty cool.
I would have paid for it.

• 08.02.2012 10:16 PM PST

Posted by: IFallen Sith
The game is pretty cool.

So ... didnt want to play the other levels then?
Sure the games developer would have been happy - even once both apple and bungie had their large slice of those few dollars.

You could always join the engines forum and sweet talk them into sending you the level editor (even through in a few sample maps - which look just like those pay-for levels)

• 08.03.2012 5:05 AM PST

Got RECON on 8/5/2010 1:34:36PM

___________(""""II"""" ; ; ;II""""")_TT______
I ---------____.`=====.-. :________\___|================[oo]
I_III___/___/_/~"""I_I_I_I'''

*Boom*...Head Shot !

will it ever be the android market?

• 08.03.2012 10:48 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Gwils78
i doubt it

• 08.03.2012 3:45 PM PST

Posted by: path1k
Posted by: Gwils78
i doubt it

'Doubt' even seems a little too optimistic.

Lets review the play;
- bungie have abandoned aerospace (the [cough]publishing arm of bungie),
- Hairbrained Schemes have developed more games since, but NOT with bungie;
- Very few people play any of the non-free levels,
.. and of the few who did bungie and apple got most of the $$
.. wonder if HBS got enough $$ to even buy a new dev workstation - lol
- Last update to the game was December (9 months ago).

Commercially the game is dead, along with areospace (aka waste-of-space). Its only thanks to the interweb (where now nothing ever completely dies) that the game is still available.

• 08.03.2012 7:38 PM PST

"No, Hoobla. No."
~DeeJ

Huzzah! Now I can play it! Curse apple hogging my games!

• 08.04.2012 11:32 PM PST

Posted by: Dodge Reborn
The flood is always butthurt about something.

KotOR

Posted by: IFallen Sith
The game is pretty cool.

So ... didnt want to play the other levels then?
Sure the games developer would have been happy - even once both apple and bungie had their large slice of those few dollars.

You could always join the engines forum and sweet talk them into sending you the level editor (even through in a few sample maps - which look just like those pay-for levels)

I meant pay for the whole thing, including the free chapter.

[Edited on 08.05.2012 9:23 AM PDT]

• 08.05.2012 9:22 AM PST