Crimson Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Steam pirates crashed again :(
  • Subject: Steam pirates crashed again :(
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Steam pirates crashed again :(
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Want to finish the game - getting the new iPad and wanted to close this out before passing on my current iPad.
But the samm thing keep crashing :(

Tried a reset (and lost my game history - double madness), but game is now crashing at a different point. Someone mentioned a post here about how this happens on certain gameplay modes, but cant find the details.

Is there a support forum for the game, or someone who monitors posts?

• 03.30.2012 6:11 AM PDT

Bungie Test Team
Test Ninja Alpha
The best one of the three!

1. Are you on an iPad 1 or 2? What iOS version are you running?
2. Where in the game is it crashing? On launch? Mid-turn? During boarding?
3. Sorry about the saved game loss. Crimson doesn't support cloud storage, so if you remove the game from your pad, you'll lose your save.

• 03.30.2012 11:40 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

Posted by: Test Ninja Alpha
Where in the game isn't it crashing?
fixed
Crashing Steam Pirates would be a more honest name for this game

• 03.31.2012 3:34 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

iPad 2 ... happened on 4.3, but now on 5.0.1.

Crashing mid turn, more when map edge.
So not attacking, boarding - but trying to position boat away from enemy. Happens early on in any level. When restarted it happens again.

Ready to give up, plus wanting to pass unit onto new owner.

• 04.01.2012 7:21 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Still nothing?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post support requests, but it appears to be the closest. Is this an official bungie site (assumed it was due to site url, but?)

• 04.03.2012 5:31 AM PDT

Bungie Test Team
Test Ninja Alpha
The best one of the three!

When you get a chance, can you plug your iPad into a computer and sync? When you crash on an iDevice, it saves a small crash report. When you plug in and sync, it'll upload us that crash. Then we can take a look at it.

Until then, there are a couple things you can try. I'm not sure how helpful these will be, since it sounds like this is persisting through a OS update.

1. Try closing out all running programs: Double tap the home button. Click and hold on the first icon that appears until the little red (-) appears. Then click it for all of those icons. There will likely be a lot.

2. Try hard rebooting the device. Hold down the power button and the home button for like 10 seconds. When the slide to power off comes up, keep holding power and home. Eventually, your pad will reset.

Try those, and try uploading your crashes. See if that helps anything.

• 04.03.2012 12:11 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

I'm not sure where or how to start a new thread.
In the first mission of chapter 2 we are supposed to use a submarine to board a ship. No matter how many times I've tried or different ways I've tried the board option is always shaded out. I can never select it. What is going on? How do I fix it?
Thanks.

• 04.06.2012 1:13 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

When you get a chance, can you plug your iPad into a computer and sync? When you crash on an iDevice, it saves a small crash report. When you plug in and sync, it'll upload us that crash. Then we can take a look at it.

Thanks for feedback, but new own wanted his toy - and not looking to start game a 4th time on my new pad. Was almost ready to give it a go on chrome but see there have been some issues there as well.

Thankfully these thing dont cost a lot of $$ so you are not left feeling like you have wasted much (other than a bit of time).

• 04.14.2012 7:17 AM PDT

http://www.xiledgaming.com/forum/member.php?u=53531 V3RZ

ELLO!

• 04.16.2012 4:49 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: V3RZ
ELLO!

And Ello to you to.
We have the same accent and 'sweet heart' 343 spark icon. We wacky NEU members.

• 04.27.2012 5:10 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Separikakku
Posted by: V3RZ
ELLO!

And Ello to you to.
We have the same 'sweet heart' 343 spark icon.
not for long

• 06.17.2012 8:26 PM PDT

Well can see that worked out well.

The last update was in December last year ... this poor sap and your 'helpful' hints appeared in March.
And here we are in June ?!?

Guessing no plans on fixing those bugs then?
(or even updating the support FAQ for that matter)

Its good to see that even though bungie has taken a bit of a dive (or 'gone dark' as they prefer it) ... even through all this some things dont change.

• 06.27.2012 4:46 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Oh GodLike One
your 'helpful' hints appeared in March.
good to know the hints are still alive on this forum ;)

• 06.27.2012 5:03 PM PDT

Posted by: path1k
your 'helpful' hints appeared in March.
good to know the hints are still alive on this forum ;)

About all that is ... comeback from a long ban and find my old posts still showing as 'recent activity' - lol.
(even get to claim my Top Topics title)

Forum, like game, like bungie is all but dead on activity.

And support - lol.
With no game update in 7 MONTHS is obvious the support was a shallow platitude. By their [lack of] actions let them be judged.

• 06.28.2012 4:56 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

And support - lol.
With no game update in 7 MONTHS is obvious the support was a shallow platitude. By their [lack of] actions let them be judged.

I ended up submitting the stacktrace (before I got dumped on by another forum mod ... add salt to the cut). Sold my IPad, and that guy also submitted the log. Neither of us got any reply - not sure if we are meant to, but wouldnt have hurt.

Had not noticed the last patch date ... but has only added to my view of the company (and in case anyone has not guessed, that is not a great impression).

• 07.01.2012 5:04 AM PDT

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

Play it on Chrome.

• 08.17.2012 5:59 AM PDT

Posted by: Multijirachi
Play it on Chrome.

Sounds like a line from bungie marketing ... 'you want to buy a product for your new apple ... well here, why not use chrome' ... [bungie assistant smiles, honestly believing he is helping].

Better advice ... download on of the free, more stable, more fun and actually known pirate based games.

• 08.30.2012 5:58 AM PDT

Go Mizzou. Don't fight stupid.

I hate it when it crashes.....

• 08.31.2012 10:58 AM PDT

Posted by: Nader121
I hate it when it crashes.....

From bungies own aerospace page ...
"Bungie Aerospaces success will lie in the strong partnerships ... and may include:
- QA/Testing & User Research
"

Guess with bungie it is a case of reading the words within the words ...
- they did say 'may include' (ie optional, or NOT in this case),
- and 'will lie', as in not entirely truthful (in the partnership?!?)
(was this forum the 'User Research' - lol)

It was the same with reach, bungie refused to believe the game had faults and thus 'no need to release a SP' ... at least with this game Harebrained Schemes had a try and posted an update back in December last year ... only problem, applying the patch cleared your game history ... back to the start (and as many didnt see the worth ... cured the bugs - lol)

• 08.31.2012 9:53 PM PDT

Go Mizzou. Don't fight stupid.

i don't have steam pirates.

• 09.01.2012 6:37 AM PDT

nm,nkjhbjhgbk

• 09.01.2012 11:59 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: jorge144manson
nm,nkjhbjhgbk
yet still more assistance then what the Forum Ninjas have provided so far

• 09.01.2012 5:06 PM PDT

Posted by: path1k
Posted by: jorge144manson
nm,nkjhbjhgbk
yet still more assistance then what the Forum Ninjas have provided so far

How can you rate 8 helpful hints since January 2008?
Thats a whole 8 posts in 5 years ... thats over 1.5 moments of helpfulness a year.

And if you look at Test Ninja Alpha's trend it is increasing ... this year alone he has got a whole 2 posts in, and both on this very forum ... and the year is not yet up.

Plus even the basic ninjas have an unending ability to lock threads. There are many who would say they offer far to much assistance in this area alone.

And then there is bungies huge stable of products ... they have, mmm, uhh, well ok they have nothing. So yes they are over extending themselves ... pure bastions of support.

• 09.03.2012 6:59 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2