Halo 3: ODST Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: If you could add one thing to ODST, what would it be?
  • Subject: If you could add one thing to ODST, what would it be?
Subject: If you could add one thing to ODST, what would it be?

Join Halo Haven for all things related to Halo 4

Tell her that If you jingle my bells, Ill promise you a white Christmas - Call Me Venom
The world can't end next month. My yogurt expires in 2013 - Princess Cadence
If Apple invented a car, would it have windows? - Xxembers

I can't decide between one so I'd add 3:

>Sprint (would make more sense for ODSTs)
>Specialized missions (ODST ops basically)
>Increase the length of each mission by 20 minutes

Competitive multiplayer would suck because of how slow the ODSTs move. It would be like Reach, except a little more annoying :/

[Edited on 05.18.2012 11:09 PM PDT]

• 05.18.2012 9:28 PM PDT

I think it would have been awesome if ODST had its own multiplayer, forge, and dual wielding. If it did, I think it would have been the best Halo game ever. Maybe the weapons sandbox would have to see some tweaks to make dual wielding possible, but I think it would be awesome.

• 05.18.2012 11:08 PM PDT

Vengeance only leads to an ongoing cycle of hatred.

Posted by: SPAR7ANB71
I think it would have been awesome if ODST had its own multiplayer, forge, and dual wielding. If it did, I think it would have been the best Halo game ever. Maybe the weapons sandbox would have to see some tweaks to make dual wielding possible, but I think it would be awesome.

A friend of mine on the forums, ajw, once said something along the lines of Bungie should have cancelled the Reach project and expanded the production of ODST in it's place to make it a "full game." Talk about going out with a bang...That'd quite possibly be the best Halo game, so far.

[Edited on 05.21.2012 3:18 PM PDT]

• 05.19.2012 5:48 AM PDT

"No Mission Too Difficult, No Sacrifice Too Great—Duty First!" - The fighting first's motto.

Losing internet 9/7/2012 until i don't know when. See you starside folks.

Fada beo Halo 2!

Posted by: path1k
it's stand alone multiplayer

infact the expansion maps included in disc 2 except using Halo 3: ODST's engine, not Halo 3's, Ghost Town would be an interesting level to play as Marines

this.

• 05.19.2012 7:42 AM PDT

These are not the informations you are looking for. Unless you're looking for my informations.

Check us out. Registration is not open, so please contact me or another member of the site if you would like to consider joining.

This is terrible, I'm being forced to choose just one :P

Firefight Matchmaking searching, more customization overall (including Firefight), and more missions all sound good to me. Or even getting to play Sadie's story all the way until it meets up with ODST's story line.

[Edited on 05.19.2012 9:10 AM PDT]

• 05.19.2012 9:10 AM PDT

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

-Marcus Aurelius

A sequel/prequel DLC for the campaign. We know Buck was on Reach, so that sone possibility and i often wonder what our 'Boys in Black' were doing while Chief was saving the galaxy in Halo 3...

• 05.19.2012 2:31 PM PDT

Posted by: Colingo
A sequel/prequel DLC for the campaign. We know Buck was on Reach, so that sone possibility and i often wonder what our 'Boys in Black' were doing while Chief was saving the galaxy in Halo 3...

I wouldn't mind seeing a story of Buck on Reach if it followed the book's canon. It'd also be interesting to see what the squad was doing during Halo 3, like you said. I'd be curious to see it tie in with the Chief's story too. There's many possibilities to go along with that.

• 05.20.2012 11:06 AM PDT

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Either a mission as Dare leading up to her going underground to Virgil's data centre or Elites in the campaign (fighting against the Brutes in some parts).

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, an Elite campaign juxtaposed by the main storyline. So you'd go around New Mombasa and discover new flashback objects (for instance, the piles of Sangheili corpses by the "BELIEVE" graffiti) where you'd be put into the shoes of an Elite in a squad and lead up to their eventual betrayal by the Brutes. That'd make it a lot like Halo 2 in a way as well, I think that'd be an awesome thing to include.

[Edited on 05.21.2012 11:20 AM PDT]

• 05.21.2012 11:16 AM PDT

Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo 3 ODST > Halo Reach > Halo CE

Based on campaigns.

Posted by: ajw34307
Either a mission as Dare leading up to her going underground to Virgil's data centre or Elites in the campaign (fighting against the Brutes in some parts).

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, an Elite campaign juxtaposed by the main storyline. So you'd go around New Mombasa and discover new flashback objects (for instance, the piles of Sangheili corpses by the "BELIEVE" graffiti) where you'd be put into the shoes of an Elite in a squad and lead up to their eventual betrayal by the Brutes. That'd make it a lot like Halo 2 in a way as well, I think that'd be an awesome thing to include.

This this this!

The Rookie finds those dead elites and a secret beacon is an energy sword hilt.

We then play a secret mini campaign as an elite, and have th same mechanica as playing as an elite in Halo 3. You and your elite allies are confused and isolated in the city if New Mombasa. The brutes have seemingly started an uprising, and are hunting down all members of you're race. You must fight brutes in the city and try to find other elites, and storm brute encampments.

In the last mini mission, you and several other elites you have met up with are ambushed by brute packs. You are knocked down in the struggle, and witness your fellow elites fall in front of you at the hands of the brutes. A brute then walks up to you and kicks you in the face, and your vision goes blurry. The brute laughs, and then asks the nearby chieftain whethere or not you should be taken prisoner. The chieftain then says that they have orders from the prophets to annihilate the elites. Upon hearing this, your character gasps. The brute who originally kicked you then pulls out his spiker, aims it at you and fires. The screen goes black.

After the mini campaign, the Rookie prods the elite body around. He then picks up the sword hilt and activates it, giving you a secret sword to use in Mombasa Streets

[Edited on 05.21.2012 11:34 AM PDT]

• 05.21.2012 11:30 AM PDT

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

Posted by: Mark V guy

This this this!

We then play a secret mini campaign as an elite, and have th same mechanica as playing as an elite in Halo 3. You and your elite allies are confused and isolated in the city if New Mombasa. The brutes have seemingly started an uprising, and are hunting down all members of you're race. You must fight brutes in the city and try to find other elites, and storm brute encampments.

In the last mini mission, you and several other elites you have met up with are ambushed by brute packs. You are knocked down in the struggle, and witness your fellow elites fall in front of you at the hands of the brutes. A brute then walks up to you and kicks you in the face, and your vision goes blurry. The brute laughs, and then asks the nearby chieftain whethere or not you should be taken prisoner. The chieftain then says that they have orders from the prophets to annihilate the elites. Upon hearing this, your character gasps. The brute who originally kicked you then pulls out his spiker, aims it at you and fires. The screen goes black.

After the mini campaign, the Rookie prods the elite body around. He then picks up the sword hilt and activates it, giving you a secret sword to use in Mombasa Streets

Too childish. ODST is meant to be deep. I like the idea, but that last one sounds like all out killing. Perhaps they get onto one of the ships at the end of ODSt and fight through it's decks, finally taking it for themselves?

• 05.21.2012 2:35 PM PDT

Based on campaigns.

Posted by: Multijirachi

This this this!

Too childish. ODST is meant to be deep. I like the idea, but that last one sounds like all out killing. Perhaps they get onto one of the ships at the end of ODSt and fight through it's decks, finally taking it for themselves?

How is it childish?

I thought that from a first person POV, the brutes would seem so much crueler and much more evil.

• 05.21.2012 2:52 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Oh God yes!

[Edited on 05.21.2012 7:21 PM PDT]

• 05.21.2012 3:00 PM PDT

Based on campaigns.

Posted by: Sliding Ghost

Oh God yes!

Too childish. ODST is meant to be deep. I like the idea, but that last one sounds like all out killing.
Sounds like Reach's Lone Wolf.

Here's my idea:

You and your teammates are sent to retrieve something found by UNSC forces. They each end up dying (not like Noble Team obviously). Most die by marines but a few are the first victims at the hands of Brutes. You're the only survivor. You hand over the object to Truth and then a Brute hits you from behind. You demand what's going on. Truth tells you what's up then orders a Brute to kill you. This is all in third person unless execution is properly done.

Fade out to black screen (first person cutscenes are overused. I like these better).

We see a panorama of in-fighting all over New Mombassa with multiple close ups, kinda like H3's Believe advertisement.

Back to Truth's location, Brutes are seen dumping Elite corpses into the water. Truth marvels at the object and activates it.

Perhaps they get onto one of the ships at the end of ODSt and fight through it's decks, finally taking it for themselves?
In a way that reflects ODST's ending, yeah, that could work.

Hmm, IDK, bringing Truth into it might be a bit, too grand, if that's the word. ODST is a deep game which focuses in individuals and their fight for survival. An elite DLC should be like this, focus on the elites up during a dark time and their fight with the brutes and for survival. Bringing in the arch enemy of humanity and the Chief might take that aspect away from it. Ultimately Truth us Chiefs fight right now.

• 05.21.2012 3:04 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

One reason I'd rather not see that is because it reminds me of Uprising. There's no real objective other than killing Brutes.

I liked Great Journey because it was about confronting the higher up enemies.

But in hindsight, I see that my idea wasn't as great as I thought. I gotta stop posting here so actively. It's making me energetic...

[Edited on 05.21.2012 7:21 PM PDT]

• 05.21.2012 7:10 PM PDT

Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal

Oh God yes!

Too childish. ODST is meant to be deep. I like the idea, but that last one sounds like all out killing.

Here's my idea:

You and your teammates are sent to retrieve something found by UNSC forces. They each end up dying (not like Noble Team obviously). Most die by marines but a few are the first victims at the hands of Brutes. You're the only survivor. You hand over the object to Truth and then a Brute hits you from behind. You demand what's going on. Truth tells you what's up then orders a Brute to kill you. This is all in third person unless execution is properly done.

Fade out to black screen (first person cutscenes are overused. I like these better).

We see a panorama of in-fighting all over New Mombassa with multiple close ups, kinda like H3's Believe advertisement.

Back to Truth's location, Brutes are seen dumping Elite corpses into the water. Truth marvels at the object and activates it.

Perhaps they get onto one of the ships at the end of ODSt and fight through it's decks, finally taking it for themselves?

Hmm, IDK, bringing Truth into it might be a bit, too grand, if that's the word. ODST is a deep game which focuses in individuals and their fight for survival. An elite DLC should be like this, focus on the elites up during a dark time and their fight with the brutes and for survival. Bringing in the arch enemy of humanity and the Chief might take that aspect away from it. Ultimately Truth us Chiefs fight right now.

You took everything I said, added in Truth, and made no sense. I said ODST is deep, yet you think I don't know that. I never said Truth was there. Covenant ships were already at Earth before truth arrived. And as Ghost said, what you said is just like Uprising. It only serves the purpose of killing, and many FFps focus on story rather than what the 11 year olds want, which is more death and less depth.

EDIT: Oh, ajw said Truth. Well, I mean ODST was also meant to reflect just how strong the Covenant are, so perhaps it could work.

[Edited on 05.21.2012 10:28 PM PDT]

• 05.21.2012 10:26 PM PDT

Based on campaigns.

Oh God yes!

Here's my idea:

You took everything I said, added in Truth, and made no sense. I said ODST is deep, yet you think I don't know that. I never said Truth was there. Covenant ships were already at Earth before truth arrived. And as Ghost said, what you said is just like Uprising. It only serves the purpose of killing, and many FFps focus on story rather than what the 11 year olds want, which is more death and less depth.

EDIT: Oh, ajw said Truth. Well, I mean ODST was also meant to reflect just how strong the Covenant are, so perhaps it could work.

Why are you saying this to me?

I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to Ghost

[Edited on 05.22.2012 8:15 AM PDT]

• 05.22.2012 12:25 AM PDT

If you clicked on here to ignore my coup, why? Do I look ugly to you? Do I look fat in this dress or what? Jerk.

Matchmaking for Firefight. Could have kept me playing it for longer.

• 05.22.2012 2:31 PM PDT

Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal

Oh God yes!

Here's my idea:

Why don't you stop accusing me of being 11?

I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to Ghost

You've given no evidence to make me think otherwise. Also, you quotedme so I assumed -_-

• 05.22.2012 3:02 PM PDT

A city that's not copy/pasted in every area.

• 05.22.2012 4:15 PM PDT

Posted by: HundredJono

Really Jono? Why do you even come here if you're just going to post negatively?

Honestly, it's uncalled for. Go kiss ass on the Infinity Ward forums.

[Edited on 05.22.2012 5:13 PM PDT]

• 05.22.2012 5:05 PM PDT

Posted by: SEAL Sniper 9

Posted by: HundredJono

Really Jono? Why do you even come here if you're just going to post negatively?

Honestly, it's uncalled for. Go kiss ass on the Infinity Ward forums.

I'm just saying what I would like to add in ODST.

There was no negativity in my post. It's not like I said "This game sucks! Why would you add anything in it?!"

And don't say I post negativity about ODST, because you constantly say "Reach is terrible" or something similar to that in any thread discussing Reach in the Universe Forum any chance you get.

• 05.22.2012 5:23 PM PDT

Based on campaigns.

Multijrachi, I actually quoted Ghost

And how have I given you evidence for me supposedly being 11?

• 05.23.2012 12:59 PM PDT

My name: rufemee comes from the Elite Heritic leader: Sesa Refumee
But I spelt the name wrong

More easter eggs and collectibles in the 'Mombassa Streets' mission

[Edited on 05.23.2012 2:24 PM PDT]

• 05.23.2012 2:24 PM PDT

Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal

You act like a young kid who doesn't want to use Google to search for things, asking stupid questions.

Mainly however, you don't listen to others when they try to answer your questions, but rather continue arguing against them.

• 05.23.2012 2:48 PM PDT

Based on campaigns.

You act like a young kid who doesn't want to use Google to search for things, asking stupid questions.

Mainly however, you don't listen to others when they try to answer your questions, but rather continue arguing against them.

Google for what?

And I only argue against something when I feel I have something to say against it.

• 05.23.2012 3:12 PM PDT