Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: Is it illegal to sell coups?
  • Subject: Is it illegal to sell coups?
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Is it illegal to sell coups?

There is a coup service going on right now and people are charging real money. I want this site to be a community not a personal advertisement scum bag site. People should be doing that out of their kindness of their heart.

censored*| The First Avenger

| more Groups | Message
Due to recent complaints about my company, TacoCoups Incouperated, I have made my own thread on the matter within the home of the script, Coup D Bungie.

If you have any requests, questions, comments, or issues with TacoCoup Incouperated, please post them here. Thank you.

Prices:
Simple Coups, Coups that are just an Avatar and Titlebar, cost $10.

Complex Coups, Coups that contain at least 2 background images, cost $15.

Color decider, a new service that will give you the best colors for your coup, costs $5.

[Edited on 06.10.2012 7:38 PM PDT]

• 06.10.2012 7:19 PM PDT

In a time long past, the armies of the dark came again to the lands of men. Their leaders became known as the fallen lords, and their terrible sorcery was without equal in the west.
In 30 years they reduced the civilized nations into carrion and ash. Until the free city of Madrigal alone defined them. An army gathered there, and a desperate battle was joined against the fallen
Heros were born in the fire and bloodshed of the wars which followed and their names and deeds will never be forgotten

- Do not use the public forums to run contests, solicit donations, barter or sell items/services, or advertise anything at all (except on-topic posts in the Classifieds forum).

[Edited on 06.10.2012 7:20 PM PDT]

• 06.10.2012 7:19 PM PDT

Posted by: spartain ken 15
- Do not use the public forums to run contests, solicit donations, barter or sell items/services, or advertise anything at all (except on-topic posts in the Classifieds forum).

Ok thank-you. Mods if you need a link to the threads pm me.

• 06.10.2012 7:20 PM PDT

Stupidity, when sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic

Why would it be illegal? The advertising is certainly against forum rules, but there's nothing wrong with charging for a service, I suppose.

• 06.10.2012 7:23 PM PDT

In a time long past, the armies of the dark came again to the lands of men. Their leaders became known as the fallen lords, and their terrible sorcery was without equal in the west.
In 30 years they reduced the civilized nations into carrion and ash. Until the free city of Madrigal alone defined them. An army gathered there, and a desperate battle was joined against the fallen
Heros were born in the fire and bloodshed of the wars which followed and their names and deeds will never be forgotten

Posted by: supertripon
Why would it be illegal? The advertising is certainly against forum rules, but there's nothing wrong with charging for a service, I suppose.

No, it is wrong. You can;t use Bungie.net to sell things or advertise.

• 06.10.2012 7:24 PM PDT

This is advertising his service

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/308401/Forums/posts.aspx?postID =72755963

• 06.10.2012 7:24 PM PDT

I don't think we're quite on the same page here... when I say it's not illegal I mean it's not against the actual law. As in, he won't be paying the government a fine or having cops knock down his door. Whether it's against the rules is probably up to the admin of the particular group (although the site rules might apply, but I personally doubt it).

• 06.10.2012 7:30 PM PDT

Thesaurus.com

Oh god my sides

• 06.10.2012 7:30 PM PDT

You'd be wrong then.
(although the site rules might apply, but I personally doubt it).

• 06.10.2012 7:31 PM PDT

Posted by: TrussingDoor
Posted by: DAS B00T x2
You know what's even worse?

When the boy you like has a girlfriend.
#gheyworldproblems

Coup is not officially endorsed or even liked by Bungie. I really don't think they care.

Also:
Posted by: R3ACTlON
Oh god my sides

[Edited on 06.10.2012 7:34 PM PDT]

• 06.10.2012 7:31 PM PDT

Color The Sky
Lost In Las Vegas
Missed You

Remember all
The sadness and frustration
And let it go

Posted by: ThundaCat

Oh god my sides

• 06.10.2012 7:32 PM PDT

We live in capitalist America. You can sell whatever you like, however Bnet's ToU prohibits you from arranging it on this site. I believe this counts as a violation, although censoring the username would be courteous.

• 06.10.2012 7:32 PM PDT

Hold it right there.

Hello. Name's Brian. Look, if you're looking for a flame war with me, just open up the Flood and write up some not-nice things about religion and I'll bring my nukes to the party.

If you want some other way to contact me, you can forget it.

If you're interested in some of my work, you can check my homepage out.

Posted by: spartain ken 15
This rule only applies to the public forums.

Who said anything about private groups?

Also:
Posted by: xSapphire

Oh god my sides

[Edited on 06.10.2012 7:33 PM PDT]

• 06.10.2012 7:33 PM PDT

Posted by: All of humanity
You'd be wrong then.
(although the site rules might apply, but I personally doubt it).
I don't mean to sound combative, but your statement could probably stand to be backed up. One person acting sure of himself isn't proof.
(And I'm sorry that I can't communicate tone better via text, I mean no disrespect whatsoever.)

• 06.10.2012 7:34 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Fabled Heroic Member

Gleich und Gleich gesellt sich gern.

Posted by: PSU Athletics
Lol okay I've been sexless for 6 days now. But I have jerked off and it's pretty much the same lol.

Posted by: Brian OA

Oh god my sides

• 06.10.2012 7:35 PM PDT

Posted by: Cindy

Posted by: Brian OA

Oh god my sides

• 06.10.2012 7:39 PM PDT

Coup d'Bungie Admin
Coup Art by Amocin
Facebook: Link | Email: Kodyack@mail.com | SteamID: Kodyack1 | Phone: 320-267-3934 | Skype: Klykaa | Address: 656 Roosevelt Rd. St. Cloud, Minnesota, 56301

A. Private Groups
B. Unless you can prove that money was exchanged you have no way to back up your claims. Now stop this, this has become far too silly

• 06.10.2012 7:41 PM PDT

That's a stupid ass question to an even more stupid idea....Coup is free, pictures are acquired from google...you come up with your own title....Why in hell the thought of a "coup market" was ever conceived is beyond me.

• 06.10.2012 7:42 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Its a private group... Its up to whoever manages it to deal with it.

• 06.10.2012 7:43 PM PDT

Thesaurus.com

Posted by: Butane123
Its a private group... Its up to whoever manages it to deal with it.

I'm not going to moderate trolling of that level, that got taken that seriously.

• 06.10.2012 7:44 PM PDT

Five years older and wiser
The fires are burning, I'm fire, never tire
Slay warriors in the forests, and on hire

Paying for a coup skin.

What has the world come to.

• 06.10.2012 7:45 PM PDT

Have you seen my mind anywhere? I seem to have lost it...

0x0 x0x 0x0 000 000 x0x 000
x0x 0x0 0x0 0xx 000 0x0 000
x0x x0x x00 0xx 0x0 x0x 0x0

I have seen you future

Posted by: DAS B00T x2
Coup is not officially endorsed or even liked by Bungie. I really don't think they care.

While Coup isn't endorsed by Bungie, they don't want people selling anything on the site, even in groups.

^^^^I guess it is a group mod problem.

[Edited on 06.10.2012 7:46 PM PDT]

• 06.10.2012 7:46 PM PDT

Thesaurus.com

Two members were played by a simple joke in our group folks. The Coup selling service wasn't serious at all.

• 06.10.2012 7:46 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2