Halo: Combat Evolved Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Glitch found in AotCR
  • Subject: Glitch found in AotCR
Subject: Glitch found in AotCR

So I was in one of those places you come to after exiting a lift, during the 2nd chasm objective. I killed a Jackal, and his Needler starts spinning after falling on the ground. Has anyone seen this before?

• 06.18.2012 11:23 AM PDT

Posted by: Puffufuf
So I was in one of those places you come to after exiting a lift, during the 2nd chasm objective. I killed a Jackal, and his Needler starts spinning after falling on the ground. Has anyone seen this before?

This happens when the weapon is shot or it gets stuck in the geometry of the level. I've not seen a weapon get stuck on vanilla CE (Xbox or PC) but it has happened a few times to me on CEA. It can happen on any level.

Annoying, but nothing major.

• 06.18.2012 12:52 PM PDT

Happened to me once.

• 06.18.2012 1:15 PM PDT

No, ExcessiveFaun6 is not my real gamertag.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cortana: The message just repeats. "Regret, Regret, Regret."
Miranda: Any idea what it means?
Sgt. Johnson: Dear Humanity... we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!
Marines: Hoo-rah!

Not really an Earth-shattering glitch. It was present in the general game code (i.e. any level) in Halo: CE, but it became a lot more apparent in CEA, with a huge increase in occurence rate. My guess is that this came from the significant geometry changes they made and the fact that it's a geometry-based glitch.

• 08.10.2012 2:01 PM PDT

Yeah, it's an extremely well-known quirk. Seems like it happens occasionally in the original game, and very often in CEA.

Gun physics in CE are kind of crazy in general.

• 08.11.2012 3:44 PM PDT

It happened to me once on one of the sky bridges. There was a needler suspened about a meter above the bridge. I could shoot it with the M-6D and make it spin like a top.

• 08.12.2012 2:30 PM PDT

Posted by: sdnomdE

Yeah, it's an extremely well-known quirk. Seems like it happens occasionally in the original game, and very often in CEA.

Gun physics in CE are kind of crazy in general.
What, a game in which you can explode weapons across the map? You're being silly right now.

• 08.12.2012 3:53 PM PDT

Why Bungie, why would you do this?! - Halo Community

Throwing a grenade towards the marines coming out of the 2nd pelican in Silent Cartographer will makes their ARs go into the pelican and start spinning.

• 08.12.2012 7:03 PM PDT

Halo: CE Anniversary Achievement Idea
C-C-C-CANNON BREAKER!
Let Sgt. Johnson die on Halo.

I've had a habit of weapons getting stuck in the terrain and making a constant clicking noise. It can get quite annoying. It's happened to me on Xbox and PC.

• 08.13.2012 8:51 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: DTA MoonDawg
I've had a habit of weapons getting stuck in the terrain and making a constant clicking noise. It can get quite annoying. It's happened to me on Xbox and PC.
Weapon physics are worse in H3 campaign. The geometry is often broken and you'll find weapons falling through the floor.

In CE, the only way for that to happen is if you drop a weapon between the legs of a combat form but even that can be useful:

Normally, on Two Betrayals, in the room before you get outside again, you can only bring 2 weapons down. But by dropping weapons through the geometry, you can bring multiple weapons.

• 08.13.2012 10:46 AM PDT