Halo: Combat Evolved Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Does anyone see the floods resemblance to moss?
  • Subject: Does anyone see the floods resemblance to moss?
Subject: Does anyone see the floods resemblance to moss?

Does anyone think that they wanted the flood to look like moss, because they really look like moss is on them.

• 08.05.2012 9:58 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I don't know a lot about that but the closest thing in real life is probably Cordyceps.

Those poor ants... :(

• 08.05.2012 10:43 AM PDT

http://www.capturemyhaloclips.com/ - Get your Halo clips captured.
The Artists Corner - Show other members your artistic talent.
Storywrite - Where I am writing my book.

Robt McLees (the designer of the Flood) says he got his inspiration for them from rotten fruits and vegetables and, for the carrier form, his cousins infected thumb.

• 08.05.2012 1:44 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: TheSpiderChief
Robt McLees (the designer of the Flood) says he got his inspiration for them from rotten fruits and vegetables and,
Could it be possible that he was conducting a time lapse? I find this hard to believe.

Posted by: TheSpiderChief
for the carrier form, his cousins infected thumb.
0_0 No wonder why they go *pop*.

• 08.05.2012 5:26 PM PDT

Well, the flood do turn their hosts into a sponge-like material. Last I checked, moss is sponge-like....

• 08.09.2012 5:52 PM PDT

No, ExcessiveFaun6 is not my real gamertag.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cortana: The message just repeats. "Regret, Regret, Regret."
Miranda: Any idea what it means?
Sgt. Johnson: Dear Humanity... we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!
Marines: Hoo-rah!

Ironically enough however, moss is a member of the phylum Bryophyta, and is therefore by definition, non-parasitic. So yeah, looks like moss, but about as polar opposite as it gets in all other characteristics.

• 08.10.2012 1:49 PM PDT

Ah, but the host would be turned to moss, not the parasite. Therefore it still fits into the Bryophyta genus.

• 08.11.2012 9:18 AM PDT