Halo: Combat Evolved Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Do you like the MA5B?
  • Subject: Do you like the MA5B?
Subject: Do you like the MA5B?

?

• 08.10.2012 8:39 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

ofcourse i do, best AR in the series so far IMO
all those 32 clip variants which take a clip to kill someone doesn't compare to the original's rapid fire, exceptional range and fierce roar!

nostalgia speaking but Halo 3's and Halo Reaches soft firing noise just wasn't as satisfying

even on Legendary the MA5B stood a chance, it felt so weak in Halo 3, more so Halo Reach (ultra absorbed 3 and a half of my clips before i died)

it's limited range in Halo 3 and Halo Reach makes me never want to pick that weapon up

• 08.10.2012 9:02 PM PDT

I love the roar of the weapon too!!
So awesome

• 08.10.2012 10:26 PM PDT

Not really, but it sounds better than all the others, has a faster ROF, and actually sounds and feels like a gun.

That said, on Heroic and Legendary it's essentially a confetti gun.

• 08.11.2012 9:17 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: path1k
ofcourse i do, best AR in the series so far IMO
all those 32 clip variants which take a clip to kill someone doesn't compare to the original's rapid fire, exceptional range and fierce roar!

nostalgia speaking but Halo 3's and Halo Reaches soft firing noise just wasn't as satisfying

even on Legendary the MA5B stood a chance, it felt so weak in Halo 3, more so Halo Reach (ultra absorbed 3 and a half of my clips before i died)

it's limited range in Halo 3 and Halo Reach makes me never want to pick that weapon up
I love how Halo wiki lists how many bullets it takes to kill a Chieftain and Ultra and Zealot and identifies them as powerful. More like cheating bastards if you ask me.

OT: Of course. It was very useful.

It's loud firing noise could be used to manipulate AI.

When there's a lot of marines using it, the Covies will be on the defensive.

And it had decent stopping power against Flood.

[Edited on 08.11.2012 11:44 AM PDT]

• 08.11.2012 11:41 AM PDT

x7R0LLF4CE FTWx

Halo PC Name: x7R0LLF4CEx, Gamertag, x7R0LLF4CE FTWx

Posted by: Sliding Ghost

I disagree, but I say this: Halo 3 and Reach's AR can suck the MA5B'S d***.

For all you literalists on this forum, I know the AR or any other gun don't have a d***.

[Edited on 08.11.2012 2:55 PM PDT]

• 08.11.2012 2:53 PM PDT

Junky, dick isn't censored.

• 08.11.2012 4:36 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: JunkyMonkey

Posted by: Sliding Ghost

I disagree
It knocks down Carrier Forms and hitting a combat form in the legs stuns it. It can easily blast off arms with 1 shot. The only spot on the Flood where it's not effective is the area where the antennas protrude, since combat forms will get back up (they can only do this once so another shot stops them).

• 08.11.2012 5:15 PM PDT

I hated it until I got bored with the game. Then I tried using all weapons on legendary and found out what works and what doesn't.

Keep your bursts quick(3-4 bullets) and rapidly work the trigger and it works quite well at point blank to medium-short range. The quick melee coupled with effective burst fire and most elites are a cakewalk in close quarters.

• 08.12.2012 2:29 PM PDT

Halo: CE Anniversary Achievement Idea
C-C-C-CANNON BREAKER!
Let Sgt. Johnson die on Halo.

Much better than the MA5C. It sounded more powerful, and I loved the 60 round clip. I wish it would come back...

• 08.13.2012 8:56 AM PDT

It's the best AR in the series. And I love the AR so yes.

• 08.16.2012 10:46 PM PDT

The MA5B was pretty good against hunters,Elites and the flood but i like the Halo Reach's AR

[Edited on 08.17.2012 12:40 AM PDT]

• 08.17.2012 12:38 AM PDT

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

It was what got me into the FPS side of Halo. Amazing weapon. I also enjoyed the Halo 3 AR as it felt powerful yet reserved.

The reach one wasn't very good and/or powerful. Nor did it have the sounds to sound real.

• 08.17.2012 1:22 AM PDT

"To me, a nice triple kill with the sniper is infinitely more impressive than any Living Dead Killionaire"

Does flaming people on forums count as an esport?

I'm a commendation/achievement/statistics freak.

-David (Drake)

Too inaccurate for my playstyle. In any FPS I've always prefered to use the marksman sort of rifle and sit back and snipe. Using the AR generally takes less skill than precision weapons, AND it's less consistent and therefore less fun. CE's AR was the best in the series, but the only times where I used it would be the parts of The Maw.

• 08.17.2012 12:04 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Multijirachi
It was what got me into the FPS side of Halo. Amazing weapon. I also enjoyed the Halo 3 AR as it felt powerful yet reserved.

The reach one wasn't very good and/or powerful. Nor did it have the sounds to sound real.
I admit, the H3 AR could be used to kill from a decent range.

With the Reach AR, I had to fire in minimum bursts just to hit a target from such a range. It could kill from that range but it took forever!

Instance where I was forced to use the Reach AR:

TotS, after the Falcon ride. After it crashes, your weapons are replaced by a DMR with 1-2 clips and an AR.

Obviously, I wanted to conserve the DMR ammo, because I don't like relying on Needle Rifle. So for that part, I switched to the AR and killed distant Grunts from afar since going closer to them makes me inclined to hold down the trigger, wasting ammo.

With the H3 AR, I could fire in short bursts and as I got up closer, go full auto. Or just fire in short bursts. It was so much more versatile. When I started Sierra 117 at rally point bravo and betrayed Arby for his gun, I'd drop the Magnum for the Carbine instead of the AR. The AR could still be useful even if only for 1 encounter. The pistol was essentially worthless.

TLDR: H3 AR was a decent return of the AR, not great though.

Reach AR was abysmal. It's impossible not to spam it when you're up close. Massive autoaim. Firing it from medium range is a waste of time but the only reliable way to get a kill with it.

[Edited on 08.17.2012 2:11 PM PDT]

• 08.17.2012 2:05 PM PDT