Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: Why do people post stuff completely off topic?
  • Subject: Why do people post stuff completely off topic?
  • Pages:
  • of 4
Subject: Why do people post stuff completely off topic?

Posted by: FALSE R3ALITYx
Bricypoo's custom user title = Ultra Lame Thread Maker

Posted by: True Underdog
Only after we ban Bricypoo.

Now, by this, I mean when people post one sentence on topic. Then make the rest of their post about something off topic as in about a user, a thread, pie, exc.

Does this annoy you? or am I the only one

[Edited on 08.23.2012 8:50 PM PDT]

• 08.23.2012 7:33 PM PST

“Oh, it’s a little bit of everything, it’s the mountains, it’s the fog, it’s the news at six o’clock, it’s the death of my first dog, it’s the angels up above me, it’s the song that they don’t sing, It’s a little bit of everything.”
- Dawes, A little bit of everything

I feel that this is obvious bait to attract "This thread is now about ..." posts. If you actually want my opinion, I agree. I find it really annoying and very often report such posts. Unfortunately, it seems that not much ever gets done.

• 08.23.2012 7:35 PM PST

I like pie.

• 08.23.2012 7:36 PM PST

Subject: If you saw a meteor coming toward Earth, what would you do?Posted by: juniorbandit96
Butter my ass, turn around, spread open my butt cheeks, and say "Right here mutha-blam!-a!!"

Join Planetary Annihilation and Speed Haven

I almost always agree with that. Sometimes though, the side conversations spark something.

• 08.23.2012 7:37 PM PST

Key

Because if you take a female monkey and fourteen horny dingos, the result can only be a baby or a dead monkey.

I don't see why you're so confused about this.

• 08.23.2012 7:41 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

They asked what I wanted to be when I grew up;

I wrote down happy.

They told me I didn't understand the assignment;

I told them they don't understand life. - John Lennon

Posted by: Bricypoo
No. I just ignore it.

• 08.23.2012 7:42 PM PST

Bacon.

OT: I have no idea OP.

• 08.23.2012 7:43 PM PST
  • user homepage:

O-3 US Army Reserves AMEDD APMC
"To conserve the fighting strength!"

Posted by: Jay120171
Bobcast: the only ninja to operate an ER out of his mom's basement

I'm pretty tore up about Kristen Stewart too.

• 08.23.2012 7:51 PM PST

Average Joe l Youtube Channel l Twitter
Fools react, masters respond

~B.B.

I'm entering this thread just to post something off-topic to prove a point. I hope that doesn't harm the future of our friendship, OP.

~Hawk

• 08.23.2012 7:54 PM PST

USAF Air Traffic Controller.
#moap

I think it makes a good bit of sense most of the time OP. Think about your IM A DINOSAUR CHOMPING ON YOUR BUNIONS.

• 08.23.2012 8:08 PM PST

Xbox LIVE gamertag: Dat3lessNutella
Steam username: TopWargamer
To look up my Halo stats...search for the gamertag TopWargamer.
SAVED THREAD PAGES: 283
One does not simply get rid of TopWargamer so easily.
You know this to be true.
ALL HAIL GABEN

I like trains.

• 08.23.2012 8:10 PM PST
  • user homepage:

*wonders how New Clan Recruitment For Shadow Pack thread gets 55 replies*

*reads "Hi I'm Ashley. . ." *

[Question Answered]

*proceeds to read on, shakes head, and gently laughs*

You see OP, its not how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, but rather if the world will even know?

[Edited on 08.23.2012 8:11 PM PDT]

• 08.23.2012 8:11 PM PST

Now, by this, I mean when people post one sentence on topic. Then make the rest of their post about something off topic as in about an user, a thread, pie, exc.

I know exactly what you're talking about OP.

The yo-yo in its simplest form is an object consisting of an axle connected to two disks, and a length of twine looped around the axle, similar to a slender spool. It is played by holding the free end of the string (usually by inserting one finger in a slip knot) allowing gravity or the force of a throw to spin the yo-yo and unwind the string (similar to how a pullstring works), then allowing the yo-yo to wind itself back to one's hand, exploiting its spin (and the associated rotational energy). This is often called "yo-yoing". First made popular in the 1920s, yo-yoing remains a popular pastime of many generations and cultures. It was first invented in ancient Greece.

• 08.23.2012 8:12 PM PST

Because the thread is not interesting enough on its own.

Hyle and his mother are yo-yos.

• 08.23.2012 8:12 PM PST

1.) "Crack In Time" - Louder Production Music
2.) "Agressive Sucks" - Moss Landing
3.) Custom Version of "Meet Oscar" - Louder Productions Music
4.) "Behind You Rise" - Distortion Music
5.) "Aurora" - Mark Petrie
6.) "Surge Down - Audio Machine

Posted by: bobcast
I'm pretty tore up about Kristen Stewart too.

I know right? I'm so excited that Joss Whedon is returning for The Avengers sequel!

• 08.23.2012 8:13 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Der Todesengel
This doesn't mean I don't still hate you

WorkPLace l Mythics l Regulars

RIP BerserkerBarage DeathPimp72

Ummm...what the -blam!- is this?

• 08.23.2012 8:14 PM PST

Key

*waits and prays for wood*

...that came out wrong.

[Edited on 08.23.2012 8:15 PM PDT]

• 08.23.2012 8:14 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member

Now, by this, I mean when people post one sentence on topic. Then make the rest of their post about something off topic as in about an user, a thread, pie, exc.

It's possible (I'm not saying this is always the case) that some posters don't find the discussion interesting, and just choose to push the discussion in a different direction. However, digression is different than a new topic out of left field.

• 08.23.2012 8:15 PM PST

an user,
I don't think an works with this.

• 08.23.2012 8:38 PM PST

Posted by: Great_Pretender
Case and point: don't worry about it. Girls start getting boobies pretty soon, and then you'll have plenty of other things to think about. Being an Inheritor is not a life goal.
-TGP-

Posted by: mr pie123
I like pie.

This is the exact thing that the world needs to worry about. People aren't liking pie enough, I fear that it is becoming a huge problem that we can't turn back from.

OT: No, I never see anyone doing it.

Posted by: Hylebos
[The yo-yo in its simplest form is an object consisting of an axle connected to two disks, and a length of twine looped around the axle, similar to a slender spool. It is played by holding the free end of the string (usually by inserting one finger in a slip knot) allowing gravity or the force of a throw to spin the yo-yo and unwind the string (similar to how a pullstring works), then allowing the yo-yo to wind itself back to one's hand, exploiting its spin (and the associated rotational energy). This is often called "yo-yoing". First made popular in the 1920s, yo-yoing remains a popular pastime of many generations and cultures. It was first invented in ancient Greece.

No no no, it was invented by the Wickedtoe tribe in the South Sahara as a weapon. They would sit on top of trees and throw the yo-yo down and hit birds as they flew under them.

[Edited on 08.23.2012 8:46 PM PDT]

• 08.23.2012 8:43 PM PST

Foday Church
>He wonders why we're here...
"Magic Touch" Received 10/29/11 due to this thread
Twitta: @St3p_R1ppin

The World may Never know...

• 08.23.2012 9:05 PM PST

Consol Embu
Xbox Ambassador

Hello community, If you have any questions or concerns then please feel free to ask, whatever it may be and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge/ability. (It may not be THE answer you're looking for but AN answer is better than NO answer.)

KEEP CALM AND PLAY XBOX
Thank you.

It mildly annoys me when a user posts something else off-topic in their post.

I made chicken patties for dinner today. They were good. There were 4 in a pack from the store near my man pad. Nuked em' in the microwave for about 50 seconds then i put some ketchup on it. Luckily I remembered to buy rolls. That would have been very inconvenient if I didn't. Then I washed it all down a cool Budweiser. Oh yeah, beer and cereal don't mix from past experience.

• 08.23.2012 10:16 PM PST

Whisper Game Studios - shhhh, it's a public secret.
Webcam MVP
Sarsion.net
Bnet PM Policy

[*Please note that anything in my posts is likely to be filled with sarcasm, and should be taken with a pinch of salt. I tend to help people, usually*]

Kneeman approves.

• 08.23.2012 10:25 PM PST

Bend a knotted oak.

I like Kneeman. How do I embed?

Posted by: SonicJohn
Kneeman approves.

• 08.23.2012 10:52 PM PST
  • user homepage:

I <3 you too Bungie

Posted by: Marty the Elder
I like Kneeman. How do I embed?