Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: Would I be better off going with Halo 1 or 2?
  • Subject: Would I be better off going with Halo 1 or 2?
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Would I be better off going with Halo 1 or 2?

Posted by: Dr Syx

Posted by: Ben2974
Why does this always happen in this forum :/
Because it's a discussion forum based around these two games. It's meant for this.

(Well... Partially... You know what I mean)

Questions need to be asked and discussions need to be held...pretty standard for a forum!

That said, i do see the same arguments between users pop up every now and again..still good reads though.

• 10.26.2012 8:39 AM PST

My Steam Community Profile - wazups2x

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wazups2x

Both Halo 1 and 2 have terrible mouse acceleration so I can't play either of them.

• 11.03.2012 12:02 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member
  • gamertag: Btcc22
  • user homepage:

Posted by: wazups2xs
Both Halo 1 and 2 have terrible mouse acceleration so I can't play either of them.

You can disable it with Halo 1. Console command, mouse_acceleration 0.

Any other mouse issues are probably caused by having vsync enabled, so turn it off.

[Edited on 11.03.2012 3:57 PM PDT]

• 11.03.2012 3:56 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Legendary Member

Halo 1&2 PC forum's resident OC ReMixer. Like rockified and metalized video game music? Subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Yeah. That's right. I don't have a 50 in H3. I never got Onyx in Reach. If a game sucks too much, I won't even bother trying for such trivial "accolades". Besides, I've done way more things that take far more skill and talent than anything that can be done in a video game.

Posted by: wazups2xs

You can do what Btcc said (though I keep vsync on, as massive horizontal tearing screws me up far more than a constant 75 FPS does), or you can automate that process by creating a CFG file in your Halo directory with the text "mouse_acceleration 0" and add the command line argument "-exec mouse.cfg" to your Halo shortcut.

• 11.04.2012 1:53 AM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Barnacle_Blast

Posted by: Btcc22
Halo 1. Easily.

• 11.12.2012 12:05 AM PST

Games I like:,
Half-Minute Hero
MBU
Portal
Halo 3 is the best Halo ever
Maps I like: Turf, Avalanche, Pylon, Sandbox, Breakpoint and many more.

Posted by: Omicron 147
Hm... Personally, I'd say 2. But you'd need to find people who own the game or an online community that frequently plays. I recently bought Vista, and beside all the installation difficulties that I'm encountering, I prefer the maps and gameplay, as well as being able to play as an Elite. However, I'm concerned that I mightn't be able to find anyone to play with.

I wouldn't know about CE. I bought the Anniversary edition on xbox, but only for the campaign.

Tell me your kidding. Halo PC has a larger ammount of people playing, better maps and custom maps, and better gamemodes.

• 11.12.2012 12:21 AM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

-Gandalf

Both.

• 11.26.2012 8:16 PM PST

"Living to smile, and not to succeed; smiling to inspire happiness, not to give the illusion you are happy; creativity and music to inspire smiling, which in turn inspires happiness; being nice to be happy, not for being perceived a good person."

If you are able of doing so, get both. I did, and it was one of the better buys I've gotten. Past tense seeing that my computer after so many years of usage and being handed down can no longer properly play the games.

• 11.27.2012 3:06 PM PST

• Pages:
  • of 2