Halo 2 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Why does everyone want a Halo 2 remake?
  • Subject: Why does everyone want a Halo 2 remake?
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: Why does everyone want a Halo 2 remake?

Halo lulz

I don't wanna be a jerk but seriously just because Halo CE has one doesn't mean that all a sudden Halo 2 will have one. I liked Halo 2, in fact I loved it but I just don't think it should make people this desperate over a game. All I'm saying is most likely Halo 2 won't have a remake.

• 10.28.2012 7:33 PM PDT

Yay yuh!!!!!

I wouldn't mind one.

• 10.28.2012 8:27 PM PDT

I'm in no rush for one, but i wouldn't mind one.

The problem with remakes is they're not likely to have the same staying power as they used to because you've played it before. That said, if there is a remake with updated graphics, same mp, bonus levels (perhaps detailing the Halo Uprising events?) and more then it will probably last longer. CEA i played through once on Legendary and earned most of the achievements in one playthrough but then i went back to Halo PC for the MP.

Who knows, maybe despite all the years of playing Halo 2 XBL i may still play it consistently but given what happened to CEA i'm in no rush for a remake.

Just my 2 cents of course.

• 10.29.2012 3:17 AM PDT

Posted by: Enormous Corgi
Posted by: Unanimate Objec
There's no way Nate Hawbaker's favorite hero is Alan Stuart

ALAN IS A BEAUTIFUL MAN!

If 343 actually includes Halo 2 Multiplayer, I'm all game. I'd love the campaign being remastered, but we cannot forget the multiplayer.

• 10.29.2012 5:50 AM PDT

New Marathon? Thanks Bungie!

nostalgia

• 10.29.2012 8:35 PM PDT

Posted by: DethBySword
nostalgia

This, and because updated graphics and sounds, not so much music (because it's already perfect), would be great a way to relive something so majestic as Halo 2.

[Edited on 11.03.2012 10:38 AM PDT]

• 11.03.2012 10:37 AM PDT

hello we havent heard of halo 2 ever since they said they have one halo 2 remake in halo cea

• 11.04.2012 11:52 AM PDT

Halo lulz

God this thread is still up?

• 11.04.2012 3:19 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

because it was a ground breaker in the industry until Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

• 11.05.2012 12:43 AM PDT

Posted by: Mraccstudio
I don't wanna be a jerk but seriously just because Halo CE has one doesn't mean that all a sudden Halo 2 will have one. I liked Halo 2, in fact I loved it but I just don't think it should make people this desperate over a game. All I'm saying is most likely Halo 2 won't have a remake.
If they remake it.. I want a Complete Remake! Multiplayer included.. And maybe include Forge and Theater.

• 11.11.2012 8:31 PM PDT

Different Perspective

Because Halo 2 was a great game and microsoft should keep classics alive.

• 11.12.2012 1:57 PM PDT

Campiagn Kill Count :31,745. And growing.

The Revisionaries- One of the greatest screenshot groups on B.net. With 250 members and growing.

They'll probably mess it up, and it's the multiplayer that made it so great, which I'm sure they would rather replace with the lesser Halo 4 style. They should just remake a bunch of Halo 2 maps for H4.

• 11.12.2012 3:37 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Astronomy FTW

Tubas Represent!

The H2 community really just wants online matchmaking for H2 to be brought up again. If that means making a remake of the game, then a lot of people are probably going to be in full support that remake.

• 11.17.2012 5:31 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

it's also the only game in the series with an awesome sword

• 11.18.2012 12:17 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Halo 2 updated for Xbox 360 = game can handle more AI, vehicles, etc. = AI, vehicles, etc. won't disappear = massive collections and battles

On the other hand, CEA's performance was just a small step up from the original. It nullified weapon overload on The Maw but it still gets a bit laggy when you're being shot at by over 60 AI.

Then again, installing to the hard drive would improve performance even more...

[Edited on 11.18.2012 4:41 AM PST]

• 11.18.2012 4:34 AM PDT

This is actually the stupidest thing ever posted on B.net:

Posted by: the omega man117
Why does everyone hate Halo 2? Maybe its because its the worst game ever next to mario.

Posted by: path1k
it's also the only game in the series with an awesome sword

Unlimited charge in multiplayer for the win.

• 11.18.2012 11:35 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member
  • gamertag: JB 199
  • user homepage:

halo 2 still the best game in the series. long live halo 2.

Dam, I miss the old days playing halo 2 with my old brothers in arms. Thank you my old friends for giving me this account, I shall continue our legacy.

Because its a classic, and at a certain point our original xbox's will break and we will eventually move towards the next generation xbox console, and when that happens we won't be able to play original xbox games on it. Most likely we will be able to continue playing 360 games on the next generation xbox, so why not have a hd 360 remake of Halo 2 so that people like myself can continue playing the game they love.

• 11.19.2012 1:59 AM PDT

The Internet is an empowerment tool that's agnostic; it doesn't care about race, gender, or age.

Posted by: ansac11
The H2 community really just wants online matchmaking for H2 to be brought up again. If that means making a remake of the game, then a lot of people are probably going to be in full support that remake.

• 11.19.2012 6:19 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: JB 199
Because its a classic, and at a certain point our original xbox's will break and we will eventually move towards the next generation xbox console, and when that happens we won't be able to play original xbox games on it. Most likely we will be able to continue playing 360 games on the next generation xbox, so why not have a hd 360 remake of Halo 2 so that people like myself can continue playing the game they love.

BC was such a big issue back in the day - partly because H-2 was a system closer. When I played Gears for the first time, felt like, "Why BC at all...this is way too awesome..." But, as the games kept churning out, and I got used to them...I found myself wishing for the kind of solid design/attention to detail H-2 delivered. The gameplay is simply so superior to so much that's come after, I would welcome a CEA type remake without a second thought. It deserves the type of treatment CE has gotten.

• 11.19.2012 7:39 PM PDT
  • gamertag: V3Rsi
  • user homepage:

I think the player population would realistically be super low, and it'd probably only work for a few months. I'd still happily pay full price for those few months of the multiplayer. I wouldn't care if it didn't even have the graphical make-over.

• 11.21.2012 1:08 AM PDT

Relatives should forever come before others. There are really a lot of ways this can take place. People may turn into really desperate neighbors.

Happens all the time with games, I think the newer versions are bloated and lost some of the original charm.

• 11.21.2012 12:50 PM PDT

Bungie speaks the Tru7h.

Posted by: Mraccstudio

Personally, I would love to play the game online again, especially in HD.

The possibility of a re-make isn't based on the tenure of Halo 2; but moreover on the popular demand for an anniversary remake.

• 11.21.2012 9:55 PM PDT

Posted by: nesteggfailure

BC was such a big issue back in the day - partly because H-2 was a system closer. When I played Gears for the first time, felt like, "Why BC at all...this is way too awesome..." But, as the games kept churning out, and I got used to them...I found myself wishing for the kind of solid design/attention to detail H-2 delivered. The gameplay is simply so superior to so much that's come after, I would welcome a CEA type remake without a second thought. It deserves the type of treatment CE has gotten.

Don't get me wrong, i love all the Halo's and have owned them all since launch, even the PC ones but what makes you think Halo 2's gameplay is superior to the others? It's interesting to see what other people say.

• 11.22.2012 11:21 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Wilis_kid

Don't get me wrong, i love all the Halo's and have owned them all since launch, even the PC ones but what makes you think Halo 2's gameplay is superior to the others? It's interesting to see what other people say.
You have to keep in mind people are fond of the glitches, easter eggs, and skulls. I remember Womy mentioning how he attempted the levels with skulls. I doubt people 100% love the gameplay, after all, it's just noob combo on Legendary. Sure enough, the skulls are much more interesting than Halo 3 and Anniversary's skulls. And of course, there's level design. Getting out on Outskirts, Delta Halo, Quarantine Zone, etc. was actually worthwhile.

[Edited on 11.24.2012 12:55 AM PST]

• 11.24.2012 12:54 AM PDT

Posted by: Sliding Ghost

Posted by: Wilis_kid

You have to keep in mind people are fond of the glitches, easter eggs, and skulls. I remember Womy mentioning how he attempted the levels with skulls. I doubt people 100% love the gameplay, after all, it's just noob combo on Legendary. Sure enough, the skulls are much more interesting than Halo 3 and Anniversary's skulls. And of course, there's level design. Getting out on Outskirts, Delta Halo, Quarantine Zone, etc. was actually worthwhile.

I agree 100% with the gameplay, in terms of the glitches department, skulls, map exploration and even difficulty (Halo 2 is the most challenging in my opinion) definitely make the game great to come back to. BUT in terms of gameplay how Bungie intended, what makes Halo 2 the best? Defining the "best" in terms of gameplay is quite difficult however, as peoples opinions will vary.

For instance, I do not think Halo 2 is the best based on it's gameplay. The game had ridiculous aim assist and hit scan which lowered the skill factor and provided you could hold a steady aim, it didnt take long to get good at when compared to Halo CE or 3, the skill level was in my opinion higher.

However, in terms of map design for MP, the skulls and overall fun factor, Halo 2 was definitely better to me in these areas. Sure the skill level was lower, but it was more accessible and back in it's prime, Halo 2 provided an online experience next to none on consoles but people have to remember, things have advanced far beyond since then. The same experience where nearly everyone would have a laugh, meet for custom lobbys to try out rumours (like the hunters of coagulation) or map exploration, organise tactics on the go (such as warthog meeting at the bottom of relic etc) - all of this would not be the same. Halo 2 would be made to take in mind the 360's features such as party chat which would eliminate alot of these nostalgic memories unless people go back to the game with friends but even then it will not necessarily be the same experience.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is, nostalgia can be both a good thing. What people define as the best in the series for them may not necessarily return in the remake/updated version if it's released. Look at H2V as an example, the glitches were fixed, even the fun ones like the super bounce which will likely be fixed in the updated version. To add to this theory, CEA was based on the updated Halo PC, which then implies the same may be said for Halo 2 (although raw gameplay will be left untouched).

I'd love for a remake/updated version but it definitely won't be the same experience as it was before and chances are, it will probably get old quickly and see the player count drop fast too. In that sense it could be successful since the servers are tied into the 360's LIVE network and therefore it won't cost M$ anything to leave it on for the hardcore fans. But it's population would still probably rapidly decline unlike CEA which had they included the original MP with working netcode, probably would have stayed far longer since it would have been a whole new experience.

EDIT - I gotta give credit to whoever read this whole post xD

[Edited on 11.24.2012 5:58 AM PST]

• 11.24.2012 5:54 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 3