Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: Why I dislike changing Cortana's appearance the most...
  • Subject: Why I dislike changing Cortana's appearance the most...
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: Why I dislike changing Cortana's appearance the most...

Join Halo Haven for all things related to Halo 4

Tell her that If you jingle my bells, Ill promise you a white Christmas - Call Me Venom
The world can't end next month. My yogurt expires in 2013 - Princess Cadence
If Apple invented a car, would it have windows? - Xxembers

5 simple reasons they changed it:

1. she's more of a main character so it focuses attention
2. makes the player identify more now that she looks more human
3. artistic license
4. new technology/graphical changes
5. dat ass

• 11.10.2012 7:43 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

-Gandalf

Posted by: Opt1mu5Pr1m3 15
^^^^^

What the -blam!- is wrong with you people?

• 11.10.2012 7:43 PM PDT

If we disagree, it's nothing personal, opinions are opinions.
Antagonizing me to build a false sense of worth is so damn cute.

Brighten your day with science.

Posted by: A 3 Legged Goat
dat ass

• 11.10.2012 7:45 PM PDT

I'm going to invade your heart like a barn swallow high on milk chocolate and grandma love.

Fairness is only possible within the limited powers of man. Elsewhere, there is only chance.

Thus I refute thee.

Posted by: YahwehFreak4evr
God, that ruined the Legendary ending for me.
Posted by: ElementalRunner

- weight gain/weight loss

When she stood with John?

• 11.10.2012 8:04 PM PDT

**Devil's advocate of the Flood. My posts may or may not represent my personal opinion, I just enjoy disagreeing with people. None of my posts are representative of the official view of the Navy or any government agency.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae
Homework questions? Forget the Flood, join The Academy.
I've got a fan!

Posted by: THElizzard01
I don't care for Chief's appearance being different and the explanation, "LOL I UPGRADED YOU WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP HURR HURR".

That wasn't the explanation. Cortana said she upgraded his firmware...his HUD. The armor is retconned to be canon from the beginning (or did you not pay attention to any of the cutscenes involving Chief and the old Spartans?)

Cortana's aesthetic changes can be explained by her developing rampancy; as she continues to face the reality that she will never exist, nor be human, she tries to be as close as possible by making herself look more human.

[Edited on 11.10.2012 8:06 PM PST]

• 11.10.2012 8:05 PM PDT

Posted by: DarkSunnyboy1

dat ass

• 11.10.2012 8:10 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

No point in putting something funny, clever or informative here. Most probably im going to get perma-banned anyway.

I don't care for Chief's appearance being different and the explanation, "LOL I UPGRADED YOU WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP HURR HURR".

To me, Cortana looked alright before and in 4 she looked like she was starting to get fat. But thats the actual explanation for Chiefs new armor? How did she go about actually doing that?

• 11.10.2012 8:10 PM PDT

Damn it, quoted the wrong thing. -_- It's all over now -blam!-!

Posted by: YahwehFreak4evr
God, that ruined the Legendary ending for me.

- weight gain/weight loss

When she stood with John?

• 11.10.2012 8:13 PM PDT

Posted by: jjboy84

Posted by: ST0NE COLD
Posted by: What is thiss
why a murder train?Well, The Blues revolve around trains, and I'm trying to be Blues-y about it.
I think a t-rex sounds better, I mean Murder T-rex. just think about it.
This made my day.

Posted by: Lightning Yuna

To me, Cortana looked alright before and in 4 she looked like she was starting to get fat. But thats the actual explanation for Chiefs new armor? How did she go about actually doing that?

The Armor was just 343i updating the looks of the armor. Cortana just upgraded the software of the armor, hence the new hud.

• 11.10.2012 8:15 PM PDT

Cortana got fat, and thus any emotivity coming out of her came up as a whine more than a deep and sensitive moment.

• 11.10.2012 8:16 PM PDT

Key

Wat × 593029347²

©

• 11.10.2012 8:17 PM PDT

I'm going to invade your heart like a barn swallow high on milk chocolate and grandma love.

Fairness is only possible within the limited powers of man. Elsewhere, there is only chance.

Thus I refute thee.

People should know what fat is these days, considering obesity is such a common thing.

• 11.10.2012 8:18 PM PDT

**Devil's advocate of the Flood. My posts may or may not represent my personal opinion, I just enjoy disagreeing with people. None of my posts are representative of the official view of the Navy or any government agency.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae
Homework questions? Forget the Flood, join The Academy.
I've got a fan!

Posted by: CharlesBrown33
Cortana got fat, and thus any emotivity coming out of her came up as a whine more than a deep and sensitive moment.

She's not fat at all...stop using pr0n stars and supermodels as idealistic models for women.

• 11.10.2012 8:18 PM PDT

1st ban on 7-10-2011

Dont you worry about _____ let me worry about ____

You have been sent a warning from x Foman123 x. This warning's text is below:
Incomprehensible gibberish.

5 simple reasons they changed it:

1. she's more of a main character so it focuses attention
2. makes the player identify more now that she looks more human
3. artistic license
4. new technology/graphical changes
5. dat ass

When did she not look human? O.o

• 11.10.2012 8:21 PM PDT

I am a monument to all your sins

the new armor is just a retcon, plain and simple. She said she upgraded his firmware, meaning his HUD, which is totally doable.

• 11.10.2012 8:22 PM PDT

Key

Posted by: theHurtfulTurkey

Posted by: CharlesBrown33

She's not fat at all...stop using pr0n stars and supermodels as idealistic models for women.

For real, tho. 14 year old kids have no semblance of what normalcy is in regards to a woman's body. If you don't have a big ass, big tits, tiny waste, flat stomach, and skinny everything else, you're a fat slob.

©

• 11.10.2012 8:22 PM PDT

Pure Insanity
The point of war is not to die for one's clan, but it's to make the other bastard die for his
Right before you die, there is always a chance to save yourself, sieze that chance and live to fight another day
The best way to kill someone is to fight them with the same weapons they use and make them know you are better than them, not because of superior weaponry, but because of superior skill.
Hidden in the shadows, Clothed in camo, Armed to the teeth. Hunting.

Posted by: magicmagininja
she (and other AIs) can take any form they want.

AI can not take another avatar form throughout their operational lifespan. It isn't even exactly known how they choose in the first place, but after that they are stuck with it.

• 11.10.2012 8:25 PM PDT

There just aren't enough moments in the day to rectify the wrongs of the past.

Posted by: DarkSunnyboy1

Posted by: DA BEST BAMF

Posted by: Egerspurge
Obviously. Since she was nearing rampancy she should have assumed characteristics of an insane person.

- wild eyes
- crazy hair
- unrelenting gaze
- uncontrolled gas/urination

CHIEF PRESS THIS BUTTON
CHIEF PLUG ME IN
CHIEF YANK ME
CHIEF LET ME FART IN YOUR MOUTH

CHIEF LET ME JIZZ IN YOUR MOUTH WHILE I HAVE MY PERIOD ON YOUR FACE.

CHEEF PLS

TAKE A GIRL FOR ONE LAST RIDE

COWGIRL STYLE

Lol'd so hard...my sides..

• 11.10.2012 8:28 PM PDT

Yes, the misspelled user name is a long, complicated inside-joke.

Disliked her form in 4, she appeared to have front teeth spaced very far apart.
But when I played 3... I had.... thoughts....

• user homepage:

No point in putting something funny, clever or informative here. Most probably im going to get perma-banned anyway.

Posted by: Darthbill99

the new armor is just a retcon, plain and simple. She said she upgraded his firmware, meaning his HUD, which is totally doable.

Whats retcon? The HUD thing doesnt escape me. Cortana couldnt have made it any clear.

I know my ways. So just stay back.

I think this thread is creating "The Weird Part of the Flood".

• 11.10.2012 8:29 PM PDT

If we disagree, it's nothing personal, opinions are opinions.
Antagonizing me to build a false sense of worth is so damn cute.

Brighten your day with science.

Posted by: JacobTheGreat2
I think this thread is creating "The Weird Part of the Flood".

Well there isn't a universal weird.

• 11.10.2012 8:30 PM PDT

Save Lives. Go Vegan.

Dylan_Mulenburg@hotmail.com

The differences make sense to me because she's an AI, she can choose how she projects herself. However, I do have a huge problem with H3 Cortana being in CEA. She should like the same as she did in CE. As far as I'm concerned, CEA is a non-canon artistic interpretation of CE.

• 11.10.2012 8:32 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 3