- Sliding Ghost
- Intrepid Legendary Member
- gamertag: [none]
- user homepage:
Posted by: da 70 70 hatred
It feels like no time has passed at all since ce came out. So many memories betraying Keyes then running away from the marinesInvincible marines easter egg FTW.
I was really disappointed Reclaimer didn't have a reference to that. Lasky is invincible, doesn't respond to betrayals, is hard as -blam!- to move from his path (you either have to melee him with Cowbell turned on or keep shooting him in the head), and deloads at the first loading point even if you manage to get him off the Mammoth. What a terrible waste of a cameo.
Nearly all the important friendly NPC in past Halo games have been interesting, largely because they were interactive.
From worst to best in-game appearances:
9. ODSTs. You could swap guns with them.
8. 343 Guilty Spark. Can be pushed around and blocked when he's an ally and he can damage you with his blue beam. There's a clone of him at the bottom of The Library.
7. Rtas Vadum. You can flip him out of his Wraith on Great Journey and bring him to the Tartarus fight.
6. Noble Team. Can be relocated, cloned, launched, there's even an easter egg associated with Jun and Emile on The Package. And it's possible to get 2 Emiles, 2 Jorges, 2 Juns on various levels and get Emile out of the MAC cannon. I just don't like their AI which is why I rarely bring up their potential. But it was there.
5. Gravemind (on The Covenant). First time Flood were allies. You get points for betraying them if you have campaign scoring enabled. You can raise them (jump onto the roof of the building then go through the door to spawn them. Make sure you have at least 1 Brute survivor or an Auto-Turret to get them to raise dead bodies), kill them so they don't get deleted after the cutscene, and fight them (teabag Arbiter into non-existence by getting his body on the podium). You can even drop weapons near the dead Flood bodies so you could potentially get about 9 fuel rod gun wielding combat forms chasing after you (if you clone Arbiter 3x and give each a fuel rod gun and if you're playing on Heroic or higher). You could also get a sword army of combat forms by repeatedly betraying the Arbiters (keep the unkillable one blocked with a deployable cover or by keeping him on the turret).
4. Miranda Keyes. You could distract Tartarus with her and get her on the Spectre turret. You could melee her into space on Cairo Station. Her appearance in Halo 3 was disappointing but she did pull out a magnum when you betrayed marines.
3. Jacob Keyes. The invincible marines. Getting a Zealot to whack him. Killing him before deactivating the shield doors. And he has 2 easter eggs associated with him (his name tag and pipe).
2. Johnson. Hidden speech on AotCR, can get 2 of him in CE since his model is reused for standard marine sergeants, you can launch him up to the bridge on AotCR, you can move him all the way to the end of Cairo Station, you can stop him from leaving in the Pelican on Outskirts, you can get him out of the Scarab and can make a hundred clones of him on Great Journey, you can clone him on Sierra 117 and Crow's Nest, you can get him out of the Pelican on The Ark and bring him to the end of the level, you can save him on the last level and hear an easter egg when he's infected by the Flood, it used to be possible to bring him to the end of the level in the Hog. Oh and he drops an infinite ammo laser if you take away his current one.
1. Arbiter. Enough said
343 better get their act together. Though NPCs being invincible and/or capable of killing are often unwelcome, they did have some fun in them. Lasky was just a set piece. He was there to provide an air of authenticity. That's about it.
[Edited on 11.17.2012 9:07 PM PST]