Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: Things 343i MUST Fix for The TU.
  • Subject: Things 343i MUST Fix for The TU.
Subject: Things 343i MUST Fix for The TU.

@Helveck

Just an Average Joe...

After hours of contemplation, observation and reviewing mechanics, I think I've composed what is a reasonable and extremely helpful list or guideline that 343i should consider taking into account, in order to ensure the continued success of their game. Now I'm sure there may be a few items that each of you may disagree with, but that is to be expected in an area with so many differentiating opinions, so I ask that you keep that in mind. Now, moving on...

The list of changes are not necessarily in any appropriate order, because I would assume that they are all equally important in order to maintain a solid and fair online experience. We shall start with weapons first I suppose.

Weapons

- Nerf the AR as it is more efficient than precision weapons at close range. Or just take it out of MM.
- The DMR needs to be tweaked. The clip is so large and the recoil so minimal that it should realistically be weaker. I think having to aim an entire clip at someone's head would be the appropriate amount of shots require to kill your opponent. Or just take it out of MM.
- The BR spread is too concentrated. Remember when everyone complained about its poor spread in Halo 3? Well now it's just ridiculously overpowered. A guy shoots me a few times in the body then in the head, and gets a kill!? Wow, ok...
- The pistol needs to be stronger. 2-3 bullets max should do... It would definitely level the playing field against the other overpowered weapons listed above.

Vehicles

- The Warthog is too weak. I get blasted by a tank and or a banshee and my vehicle basically just falls apart. Remember how strong the Halo CE Warthog was? Yeah, but apparently that's too much to ask for.
- The Banshee is way too slow. I should be able to fly around and not have to be concerned about trying to escape from enemy fire. I should be able to get in, kill the enemy and fly out faster than someone using a weapon ground can target me.
- The Tank is too strong. I'm wearing MJOLNIR armor. Aren't I suppose to be as strong as a tank? Might as well just take it out of every playlist since its so overpowered.

I discuss AA's soon, depending on whether or not my advisements are taken. Just so I know I'm not wasting my breath.

You guys agree? Right?

[Edited on 11.19.2012 7:41 AM PST]

• 11.18.2012 3:01 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Kira Onime
Also the AR is actually good in CQB now and no longer a glorified baseball bat.

Why do people think that this is Waypoint?

• 11.18.2012 3:01 PM PDT

I like this thread.

lol @ people taking this thread seriously.

[Edited on 11.18.2012 3:05 PM PST]

• 11.18.2012 3:02 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

This thread is neither funny nor amusing.

Wait 4 Halo 4.

- Nerf the AR as it is more efficient than precision weapons at close range. Or just take it out of MM.

AR is a close range weapon, idiot.

Posted by: TricolorPanda

• 11.18.2012 3:03 PM PDT

Posted by: Aang the Avatar

I enjoyed it in a way. Now we play the waiting game.

• 11.18.2012 3:04 PM PDT

@Helveck

Just an Average Joe...

Who said I was trying to amuse you? And for the record if something isn't funny, OR amusing, of course it would not be the other as well.

• 11.18.2012 3:05 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Helveck
Who said I was trying to amuse you? And for the record if something isn't funny, OR amusing, of course it would not be the other as well.

Something can be amusing without being funny.

• 11.18.2012 3:06 PM PDT

He's talking about how the Mid-Long range weapons should dominate it in it's own play field. DMR vs AR? DMR. BR vs AR? BR, and this is in close range.

Yay yuh!!!!!

I thought the CE warthog didn't explode...

Join group Main assasins we play alot of custom games especially infection

Why nerd the AR? If its suppose to be a close range weapon.. your an idiot

• 11.18.2012 3:07 PM PDT

@Helveck

Just an Average Joe...

That's up for debate. Regardless, if it wasnt amusing it most certainly wasnt funny. And if it wasnt funny then I doubt it would amuse you.

Posted by: Helveck

Something can be amusing without being funny.

• 11.18.2012 3:07 PM PDT

Captain K Mart - doesnt afraid of anything

Stay frosty you guys.

• 11.18.2012 3:09 PM PDT

I <3 Halo:Reach - amazingly fun and best campaign + amazing Soundtrack
I <3 Halo 3:ODST - best soundtrack + Firefight + Coastal Highway and Mombassa Streets, amazingly unique campaign.
I <3 Halo 3 - best multiplayer levels + Forge + best Custom Games + soundtrack
I <3 Halo 2 - amazing huge fun campaign + soundtrack + Fun multiplayer
I <3 Halo: CE - started it all

AKA OP wants everything he sucks with to be stronger, and what he gets killed with to be weaker.

I am open to doing free clan tags for anyone. Contact me on my deviant art profile through a note and NOT on my comments page as they will not be acknowledged.

Click on the "My Homepage" button to be directed to my page.

OP, you had me going there for quite some time. Love some of the hate comments coming from people who haven't realised yet.

Well then, you somehow found my signature, nice job, so time for your prize.............FLOODIANS! ATTACK! Also, those socks do NOT make you look handsome.

WTF is TU? Also, why does the Flood have to become the new Halo 4 forum?

• 11.18.2012 3:10 PM PDT

State: Pennsylvania.
County: Warren.
I graduated from high school on June-11-2011. I'm 19 right now. I'm turning 20 in December. I like playing video games, and board games. I like reading Sci-Fi, and World War II novels, and what not.

"There is nothing better in the world than being better at a video game than someone else....oh wait"

Posted by: WhiteFang0699

He's talking about how the Mid-Long range weapons should dominate it in it's own play field. DMR vs AR? DMR. BR vs AR? BR, and this is in close range.

Then what's the point of having it when it has no niche at all because of that?

• 11.18.2012 3:10 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Kira Onime
Also the AR is actually good in CQB now and no longer a glorified baseball bat.

Posted by: chaosguy777

Why nerd the AR? your an idiot

Why nerd the AR?

your an idiot
I really, really, really hope the irony was intentional.

• 11.18.2012 3:11 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Fabled Mythic Member
  • gamertag: JFKES
  • user homepage:

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me"

- Batman

I like this thread.

Thank you OP, you made me smile :)

• 11.18.2012 3:11 PM PDT

Join group Main assasins we play alot of custom games especially infection

Posted by: The Cow goes Moo

Why nerd the AR? your an idiot

Why nerd the AR?

your an idiot
I really, really, really hope the irony was intentional.
So a typo makes someone an idiot? That's like me calling you an idiot for not capitalizing the beginning of your sentence.

• 11.18.2012 3:13 PM PDT

Posted by: The Cow goes Moo
Why do people think that this is Waypoint?

Because if he posted this there, he'd probably get banned.

• 11.18.2012 3:14 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Honorable Member
  • gamertag: OmGtH
  • user homepage:

I luv u floof.

Oh boy, thanks for the laugh OP.

• 11.18.2012 3:20 PM PDT

Do you like Green Eggs and Ham???

I thought this was a serious post for a second.

• 11.18.2012 3:23 PM PDT

ITT: People not understanding sarcasm

• 11.18.2012 3:31 PM PDT