Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Reach is better. Logical reasoning and proof inside.
  • Subject: Reach is better. Logical reasoning and proof inside.
Subject: Reach is better. Logical reasoning and proof inside.
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

lolbnet

Still as retarded as ever.

• 12.28.2012 8:23 AM PDT

Posted by: FaxMeApplejuice

Still as retarded as ever.

That includes you, right?

• 12.28.2012 8:35 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Halo 4 makes me appreciate Reach for the 90% of things it got right.

• 12.29.2012 1:15 PM PDT

Posted by: Insolence
Halo 4 makes me appreciate Reach for the 90% of things it got right.

Only in YOUR OPINION ... many more online players keeping up with Halo 4 ... guess you should be happy to be an individual.

Perhaps Halo 4 got all 100% of things right.
Perhaps you can now appreciate reach's limitations?

• 12.29.2012 7:36 PM PDT

Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
And greater wars: when each proud fighter brags
He wars on death, for lives: not men, for flags.
"The Next War"
Believe

Finally I found somebody who understands Halo 4!

It's just terrible to think that this game has gotten so much praise. Almost everyone is blinded by the fact that this game is unplayable compared to previous Halo titles. 343i and Micro$oft is just milking the franchise now. I had a bad feeling when they started that crap where you could get different "unique" (and I use unique pretty loosely seeing as how all the armor pieces are pretty much exactly the same) pre-orders items from different stores. The only thing you notice from someone is their helmet and their gun camo which are also terrible in design compared to Halo Reach or even Halo 3 (the helmets not the gun camos)!

There's so much that this company has messed up on that I feel ashamed to be buying yet another two more Limited Editions from the next Halo games in this crap trilogy. There's just no real purpose to be playing this garbage since it isn't even finished. It's just been rushed beyond belief that it'll ever be appropriately patched.

To add more to this list:
- Barely any new playlists updates (we're still on SWAT and that other -blam!- gametype Regicide and its been about two months? -_-)
- Maps are terrible (IMO. Did 343i learn anything from great maps like Hang em High, Midship, Ivory Tower, Relic/Death Island or even Blood Gulch to name a few? The only appreciated map so far is Haven and maybe Exile and Abandon. Ragnarok is still Halo 3's Valhalla, nothing changed except game mechanics.) Some haven't even been used yet.
- DLC Marketing mistake. I was so frustrated since EVERYONE had a chance to download the DLC for FREE even though I paid more for a season pass. (There goes one DLC hope the next two don't get messed up like last time. :l)
- The storyline and cannon was just awful. Especially the ending and Legendary Ending. It doesn't setup Halo 5 and all we get for an extra bonus Legendary ending is too terrible that I can find it in a GIF
- (I know you said this one but I need to reinforce) Halo's custom gaming community is at a lost. 343i doesn't even listen to this outcry! They would rather bury their heads into this pathetic Virgin Gaming Tournament. (What ever happened to that Virgin Gaming Tournament for Battlefield 3? 1.6 Million dollars just vanished?)

The only thing that I enjoyed/was merely impressed by was a slight graphical improvement using an almost decade old machine and the availability of content from Spartan Ops every week. Other than that, the game is simply broke.

• 12.30.2012 3:37 AM PDT

Posted by: Revan10492
The only thing that I enjoyed/was merely impressed by was a slight graphical improvement using an almost decade old machine and the availability of content from Spartan Ops every week. Other than that, the game is simply broke.

Yeah, the new stuff - like Spartan Ops - works well, but the crap which came with the bungie reach engine almost overwhelms the work put into the game.

343 should have waited and finished its own engine.
Using bungies left overs was a BIG mistake. I know they had to try and balance the damage done by bungie after being dumped by Microsoft ... bt sadly there is not enough lipstip for that pig.

• 12.30.2012 3:51 AM PDT

Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
And greater wars: when each proud fighter brags
He wars on death, for lives: not men, for flags.
"The Next War"
Believe

Posted by: Oh GodLike One

Yeah, the new stuff - like Spartan Ops - works well, but the crap which came with the bungie reach engine almost overwhelms the work put into the game.

343 should have waited and finished its own engine.
Using bungies left overs was a BIG mistake. I know they had to try and balance the damage done by bungie after being dumped by Microsoft ... bt sadly there is not enough lipstip for that pig.

Exactly.

If they had started with a fresh engine, I could have been a little more engaged. Now I am getting the feeling of "Oh boy, its going to be like Call of Duty all over again where Call of Duty Modern Warfare 7 looks exactly like Call of Duty 4" but instead of Call of Duty, this next Halo Trilogy will just continue to use this crap lolReach 2.0 engine for the next two games.

But even then would you REALLY want to see an engine made by 343i? They couldn't pull off fixing any bugs still left in Halo 4 until AFTER the game came out... well at least one can only hope they'll fix these bugs. (EVEN THEN that could still only be due to the lolReach engine they used. Who knows.)

• 12.30.2012 4:05 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Funnily enough, some of these are the case for Spartan Ops as well.

• 12.30.2012 6:42 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Just seeing your name was enough to convince me!

• 12.30.2012 6:44 AM PDT

Posted by: Vidgameplayer007
Called it. All these guys that were whining "REACH SUCKS, THE LAST HALO GAME/HALO 3 WAS BETTER!!!" are now saying that, but about Halo 4. The community never ceases to amaze me.

• 12.30.2012 5:27 PM PDT

Posted by: Cheesy N4chos
Called it. All these guys that were whining "REACH SUCKS, THE LAST HALO GAME/HALO 3 WAS BETTER!!!" are now saying that, but about Halo 4. The community never ceases to amaze me.

Nah ... reach still sucks.

• 01.01.2013 3:39 AM PDT

Just point me at the enemy and stay out of my way.

In YOUR OPINION mate.
I for one liked both Reach and Halo 4 but i still disappointed in 343 in the lack in theater for campaign and Spartan OPs, File Share, etc.

• 01.01.2013 10:13 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: boomdeyadah
Posted by: Sliding Ghost
I just found about Liberty's updates to it's Reach campaign editor.

Now we can switch AI teams and get rid of fall damage? Holy -blam!- -blam!-! Looks like I'll be repaying Reach a little visit later...

This is Halo PC esque modding, really, really sweet!
A reason to play Reach again.

notbad.jpg
I almost forgot about this. I have plans on revisiting LNoS. This'll aid my cause!

• 01.01.2013 10:27 AM PDT

Posted by: Tom T
Prolonged exposure to this forum is bad for your health.

Posted by: aBIueBooksheIf
because I like pen­is.

source

• 01.01.2013 11:40 AM PDT

Reach Mlg is the most balanced halo since halo 3. Halo 4 is nothing but a mess. Can't say a game takes skill if it is completely based around luck

• 01.02.2013 3:58 AM PDT

Posted by: AK FROST
Can't say a game takes skill if it is completely based around luck

But no one asked if reach requires skill??

Would also add that reach is not all about luck ... these days getting all players having a good connection (or even staying) plays a bigger part.

• 01.02.2013 4:16 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Adjective noun is Adjective.

Reason's I don't like halo 4:

Welp, the "ghost trench level" as well as the "end game spaceship level" left like -blam!- sonic 06 levels. Not even remotely joking. In fact, in past "halo chase levels," not only were they end of game and therefore epic, but when you died due to not being fast enough it was that part of what you were on fell or blew up.

In halo 4 you spontaneously explode.

This is a prime example of the ways 343 had a lack of effort with this game.

They had amazing visuals, yet apart from a 1 -blam!- MINUTE warthog section at the beginning of the game, which showed great blue skies and amazing green grass, the entire god damn game was just using boring, grey, plastic looking forerunner sections that, let alone being literally levels built up of white walls, had already been seen a thousand times in past halo games.

The story also breaks itself. Master chief defies an order to destroy cortana, despite being raised by the military. Wouldn't you think that spartans are at least partly brainwashed into accepting commands like robots? Carter was a prime example during his conversation with halsey on reach.

Next there is the main offenders in my opinion. The ability to RAISE SHIELD STRENGTH, and SPEED UP RELOAD as perks. This, along with the perk that allows one to have a radar while scoped, and the fact being hit doesn't zoom out a scope, killed it for me. This is literally breaking the fundamentals of halo itself, that everyone starts out evenly when spawned on the battlefield, that use of no-scoping is a major asset as it allows you to see more of the map as well as your radar, that snipers should be free kills usually if un-gaurded, ect. Oh. and the fact that if you shoot a noob using DMR from a far range, even if he got first shot, you can force him out of his scope and still win by being a generally better player.

Next there's the mantis. No weakness, (And I mean actual weakness beyond the emp which every vehicle has; wraith's slowness and bulk for instance) guards the player inside from taking damage along with the vehicle when shot with shielding and doesn't damage over time thanks to shielding.

With halo 4, EVERYTHING seemed a case of "People want us to do something and we can; -blam!- the repercussions and the game balance!"

It's like before the game was made, some guy was like "I'm sick of getting assassinated while sniping cus I don't know how to adapt to the tactic of area checking"

"Oh, ok. Hey! Can we put that in game? We can? Sweet! Lemme go suck dick for dorito advertising some more, in a way that allows players who buy into consumerism for a fatty product to LEVEL UP TWICE AS FAST."

-blam!- 343. With a pipe.

• 01.02.2013 5:01 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Adjective noun is Adjective.

Oh wait. And the one thing that really pushed me over the edge.

"A lot can happen in 4 years."

The arbiter along with the elites were betrayed by the covenant and forced out. The covenant and elites killed thousands of one another. The arbiter attended Master chief funeral, and given how religiously elites would have been raised this would mean something.

The elites left and joined with the human race in order to achieve their objective of foiling the covenant's greatest goal, and the reason they thought they existed.

WHY THE -blam!- WOULD THE COVENANT LET ELITES BACK IN AND WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THE HUMAN RACE.

WHAT'S THAT? 4 YEARS. SICK. EXCUSE ME WHILE I MOURN EVERYTHING YOU JUSTT RUINED.

• 01.02.2013 5:07 AM PDT

Would also add that reach is not all about luck ... these days getting all players having a good connection (or even staying) plays a bigger part.
I was talking about halo 4. Better get that eye sight checked.

• 01.03.2013 3:08 AM PDT

Survive until the red dawn rises, when we have spilled the blood of our enemies.

Yes but the thing is that, 'those guys' didnt own Reach. We own Halo 4, and it still sucks.

• 01.03.2013 3:41 AM PDT

I was talking about halo 4. Better get that eye sight checked.

lol ... so whenever you use the phrase "a game" we are to automatically assume you mean Halo 4??

Next time you ask "anyone for a game?" we now know you mean Halo 4. Or perhaps you could take some time to work on using non-generic sentence construction and actually learn how to articulate you point.

Plus here is the pinch, you cry moar about Halo 4 yet your game history;
- Black Opps 2,
- Halo 4 (lol, now thats telling),
- Walking Dead,
- Battlefield 3.
Like WTF - or is that the "skill" factor you questioned?

• 01.03.2013 4:11 AM PDT

Posted by: Ghost 4119
Yes but the thing is that, 'those guys' didnt own Reach. We own Halo 4, and it still sucks.

Who are "those guys" you speak of?

Sadly I do own reach (cant even trade it these days).
Plus it cost more than twice as much as Halo 4.
And 60% of people stopped playing it online within 2 weeks of launch.
Halo 3 now sells for more than reach - and its 3 years older.

Why are so many reachtard in denial?
Even the games owners admit "We lost our way" (aka: reach was a disappointment).
And yes, 'those guys' did own reach.

• 01.03.2013 4:21 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Ghost 4119

Who are "those guys" you speak of?

Sadly I do own reach (cant even trade it these days).
Plus it cost more than twice as much as Halo 4.
And 60% of people stopped playing it online within 2 weeks of launch.
Halo 3 now sells for more than reach - and its 3 years older.

Why are so many reachtard in denial?
Even the games owners admit "We lost our way" (aka: reach was a disappointment).
And yes, 'those guys' did own reach.

Halo 3 does not cost more than Halo: Reach. You also took that entire article out of context. They never even mentioned multiplayer. They are only talking about campaign, and how you had to have played 1-3 or be a fan to understand what's going on. And not being able to play as the Master Chief.

[Edited on 01.03.2013 9:48 AM PST]

• 01.03.2013 9:45 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: wolfdawg125
Reason's I don't like halo 4:

Welp, the "ghost trench level" as well as the "end game spaceship level" left like -blam!- sonic 06 levels. Not even remotely joking. In fact, in past "halo chase levels," not only were they end of game and therefore epic, but when you died due to not being fast enough it was that part of what you were on fell or blew up.

In halo 4 you spontaneously explode.

This is a prime example of the ways 343 had a lack of effort with this game.

They had amazing visuals, yet apart from a 1 -blam!- MINUTE warthog section at the beginning of the game, which showed great blue skies and amazing green grass, the entire god damn game was just using boring, grey, plastic looking forerunner sections that, let alone being literally levels built up of white walls, had already been seen a thousand times in past halo games.
The Broadsword run was ok but the Ghost run was abomination, I agree.

You can procrastinate all you want as long as you're in the Ghost. But once you start trying to explore out of the level on foot (because it's so much better that way), you die on the spot.

But the worst part is that it's set so early in the level there's nothing to worry about. You and Cortana are inevitably going to make it in one piece.

I agree about Requiem. There should have been an easter egg that brought a Pelican with some marines on it. I don't care if it'd made no sense, it's an easter egg, it doesn't have to make sense!

• 01.03.2013 10:46 AM PDT

I intend to live forever, or die trying,

so far, so good.

Posted by: ShadowLordDaniel
And 343 said they didn't need a Beta... not when you have game-breaking glitches 24/7.

Didn't you know, Halo 4 is the Halo 5 Beta.

• 01.03.2013 1:24 PM PDT