- Exalted Mythic Member
I intend to live forever, or die trying,
so far, so good.
Posted by: ClearOrangeZero
Posted by: Viral Elegy
There are numerous issues with your points. I'll go by each point to make it easy to follow.
1. It's no worse than it was in Reach. Even with full bloom, the DMR slows map movement. This isn't much of a problem in H4 though because of the amount of cover scattered around.
2. There's always a reason to go into the enemy base; it's a great position. It's hard to stay alive there, but simply being there helps your team a great deal. And spawn trapping isn't discouraged.
3. That's not how the spawn system works in H4. Spawn trapping is still quite frequent, and can be done on dynamic spawn maps. You're not going to make them spawn at your base just by having one or two people in theirs.
4. Most of these have been fixed. Betas are expensive btw, and since Microsoft makes the calls, you can see why a beta wasn't done.
5. One weapon that breaks only CQC gameplay does not outweigh jetpack, armor lock, the OP Banshee, grenades, radar jamming camo, no bleedthrough, bloom... You get the point.
6. Again, not how the respawn system in H4 works. This has happened to me a handful of times only. I don't like instant respawn either, but it's not as big an issue as Reach's issues were.
7. I saw this video and this video and was surprised at how much bullet magnetism H4 and H3 had. My point here is, H4 is no worse in this regard.
8. This is a problem, which H3 had less of, but Reach didn't do much less of, if any. The only thing difficult about aiming in Reach was fighting bloom. Otherwise, it was comparatively easier than using the BR in H3.
9. Reach, H3, and H2 were FAR worse in these areas.
10. Reach customs were rather castrated too, compared to H3. H4's forge has more than Reach's forge and no less. Forgeworld was a framerate killer and hurt custom games a good deal.
11. Like I said earlier, bloom, jetpack, grenades, no bleedthrough... kinda outweighs your issue, considering those issues are at the core of the game and hurt everything.
The only two things Reach did right were Invasion and TU MLG. H4 has problems to be solved, but at least it's not broken at its core like Reach is.
I believe Halo 4 is REACHED improved. A TU for Halo 4 that fixes most of the major flaws will make Halo 4 an almost perfect game.
Think of what the TU did for Halo 3.
As far as I remember, Halo 3 had one major flaw, and that was the random spread of the BR, but was still not a big issue. All other problems were fixed in the TU.
Halo 3, took everything that was Halo 2 and improved it. Equalling a great, almost perfect game.
I hope the TU for HAlo 4 can do the same.
Halo 4, i believe is alot more balanced than REACH.