Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: I, I just love Halo 3.
  • Subject: I, I just love Halo 3.
  • Pages:
  • of 4
Subject: I, I just love Halo 3.
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Did Director just call himself good?

LOL no, I can safely say that you're not even remotely good.

There are barely any good h3 players that come here.

[Edited on 12.17.2012 5:01 PM PST]

• 12.17.2012 5:00 PM PST

"What are we holding on to, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."

Posted by: Excellent

Did Director just call himself good?

LOL no, I can safely say that you're not even remotely good.

There are barely any good h3 players that come here.

Eh, define "good". I was pretty clear that I'm definitely nowhere near the skill of most of the people here; however, I'm better than a great deal of the H3 population, too. I'm certainly not making any claims of being on the level of a lot of these people, though.

• 12.18.2012 8:56 AM PST

Posted by: CrazyT

I don't understand why you're contesting the use of the word "veteran" when it makes a great deal of sense. Let's take an example unrelated to Halo. If Michael Phelps were to say that he's a swimming "veteran" (admittedly it sounds a tad odd with that sport, but....), I don't think you'd claim that he's being silly or elitist. He's very good at what he does and he's better than a lot of people; ergo he's a veteran. So using the term "veteran" here makes sense too. If they really are better than other people, they're not necessarily trying to place themselves above others; they're just being honest.

• 12.18.2012 9:00 AM PST
  •  | 
  • Honorable Heroic Member

Real account.

Join me as we make new friends from different communities!

If you assign every letter of the alphabet a number, a is 1, b is 2, etc., and you take all of the values of the word "MATH", and add them, you get 42. So math is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

Posted by: swvjdirector
I am contesting the use of the word veteran because people just love to use them as some sort of crown, and because I'm bored.

And yes, you would be correct in your analogy. But once again, I am not contesting the meaning of the word, but the relevance of it in a discussion.

• 12.18.2012 12:38 PM PST

Ricsina.Killer

Hey swat noob bd k. You used to be a brig and then finally went and played enough ranked for your over rated 50 five star. You like Halo 3 yeah thats good and all but you ain't something special just another try hard. You may want to stop acting like you better then every one just cause you finally got your 50.

• 12.19.2012 4:12 PM PST

░▓░░░▓░░▓▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░
░▓░░░▓░▓░░░▓░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░░▓░
░▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░
░▓░░░▓░▓░░░▓░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░░▓░
░▓░░░▓░▓░░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░

Posted by: Ricsina6
Hey swat noob bd k. You used to be a brig and then finally went and played enough ranked for your over rated 50 five star. You like Halo 3 yeah thats good and all but you ain't something special just another try hard. You may want to stop acting like you better then every one just cause you finally got your 50.

Someone's mad.

You may want to stop acting so salty just because you were never good enough for a 50.

[Edited on 12.19.2012 7:02 PM PST]

• 12.19.2012 7:01 PM PST

I run Skirmish!!!

I don't understand why you're contesting the use of the word "veteran" when it makes a great deal of sense. Let's take an example unrelated to Halo. If Michael Phelps were to say that he's a swimming "veteran" (admittedly it sounds a tad odd with that sport, but....), I don't think you'd claim that he's being silly or elitist. He's very good at what he does and he's better than a lot of people; ergo he's a veteran. So using the term "veteran" here makes sense too. If they really are better than other people, they're not necessarily trying to place themselves above others; they're just being honest.

Ha he's obviously trolling at this point... Let's just move along and let the guy who could never get a 50 and who trolls forums because they are bored get his way hahaha

• 12.19.2012 10:30 PM PST
  •  | 

Real account.

If you assign every letter of the alphabet a number, a is 1, b is 2, etc., and you take all of the values of the word "MATH", and add them, you get 42. So math is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

Posted by: II gaped II
Ha he's obviously trolling at this point... Let's just move along and let the guy who could never get a 50 and who trolls forums because they are bored get his way hahaha
>Uses 50 as a point in a discussion over a word
>I'm the troll

Excellent, you're still not using your brain, but at least you know you're wrong. That's always a plus.

Bonus edit: I hope you know that you just made yourself out as an elitist.

[Edited on 12.20.2012 12:05 PM PST]

• 12.20.2012 3:45 AM PST

Take your rage elsewhere, Ricsina. If you can't control your rage, you shouldn't be playing video games. By the way, I'm still a 46. I haven't played Halo 3 in ages since I can't find any games within my timezone.

• 12.20.2012 7:49 AM PST

Ricsina.Killer

I have a 50 account. I don't play ranked to many derankers and people working together.

[Edited on 12.20.2012 12:32 PM PST]

• 12.20.2012 12:15 PM PST

Ricsina.Killer

Posted by: Mythical Wolf

Take your rage elsewhere, Ricsina. If you can't control your rage, you shouldn't be playing video games. By the way, I'm still a 46. I haven't played Halo 3 in ages since I can't find any games within my timezone.

Hi Im Swat is a 50 five star is it not?

• 12.20.2012 12:16 PM PST

I'll post in french so you can understand.

Non.

• 12.20.2012 1:43 PM PST

Hi Im Swat is a 50 five star is it not?

It's a brig.

• 12.20.2012 1:44 PM PST

It's

I feel insulted.

[Edited on 12.20.2012 11:52 PM PST]

• 12.20.2012 2:09 PM PST

Posted by: xx1NSAN1TY
Hey Wolf, thanks for trying to be a babysitter. But no one actually ever cares what you have to say in any posts you make. STAHP
You care enough to quote him, though.

Do you even hear yourself? For christ sake people need to stop taking Wolf's bait. He's just a troll. People can consider themselves a "vet" if they want to. Whats the difference to you. If he's on this forum he obviously likes the game enough to still care about it, which is what this community needs. We definitely don't need a "Wolf".

• 12.20.2012 9:37 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Randy Warriors, kid.

It's

I feel insulted.

>2012
>Still rank bashing

Reported.

• 12.20.2012 11:16 PM PST
  •  | 

Real account.

I think you misinterpret what I typed out.

You still care enough about Wolf's post to quote him, even though you said nobody cares.

• 12.21.2012 3:46 AM PST

I think you misinterpret what I typed out.

You still care enough about Wolf's post to quote him, even though you said nobody cares.

That makes absolutely no sense for your argument. The only reason I quoted him was to bring attention to what I was referring to. I think you misinterpreted the point of quoting someone in a forum.

And you can immediately tell who never got a 50. Those who get immediately butthurt once ranks get mentioned....yes I'm talking to you. That's why I quoted you.

[Edited on 12.21.2012 7:59 AM PST]

• 12.21.2012 7:57 AM PST
  •  | 

Real account.

That makes absolutely no sense for your argument. The only reason I quoted him was to bring attention to what I was referring to. I think you misinterpreted the point of quoting someone in a forum.
You're viewing this as an argument, its not. Strike one. Strike two: You cared about his post.

And you can immediately tell who never got a 50. Those who get immediately butthurt once ranks get mentioned....yes I'm talking to you. That's why I quoted you.And Strike 3: Using rank in a discussion where it doesn't belong. Apparently the Halo 3 forum warriors are still rampant, which only entices me even more. Oh pray tell, what does being a 50 have to do with what we're talking about? I'm sure you, some child not worth my memory after the hour passes, can elaborate on such a conundrum. Or, we can wait for someone else to do for you, like that other brainiac who tried to pull rank on me.

And to be quite clear, you're already out. Let the next batter in please. Quick edit: My bum is not bleeding and my ears are still not steaming. Please try and be more original in insulting me, you're using the same old stuff others already tried. Good day, and Merry Christmas.

[Edited on 12.21.2012 9:36 AM PST]

• 12.21.2012 9:34 AM PST

You're viewing this as an argument, its not. Strike one. Strike two: You cared about his post.

And you can immediately tell who never got a 50. Those who get immediately butthurt once ranks get mentioned....yes I'm talking to you. That's why I quoted you.And Strike 3: Using rank in a discussion where it doesn't belong. Apparently the Halo 3 forum warriors are still rampant, which only entices me even more. Oh pray tell, what does being a 50 have to do with what we're talking about? I'm sure you, some child not worth my memory after the hour passes, can elaborate on such a conundrum. Or, we can wait for someone else to do for you, like that other brainiac who tried to pull rank on me.

And to be quite clear, you're already out. Let the next batter in please. Quick edit: My bum is not bleeding and my ears are still not steaming. Please try and be more original in insulting me, you're using the same old stuff others already tried. Good day, and Merry Christmas.

Apparently your butt is bleeding pretty badly. Merry Christmas to you too.

• 12.21.2012 9:38 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Man this is a very entertaining thread I guess I better stay here and have fun.

Nice argument BTW.

*grabs popcorn*

• 12.21.2012 10:06 AM PST

Ricsina.Killer

I'll post in french so you can understand.

Non.

Then all i can tell is you must have a glitch that is only known to you because when i've played against you in the last month in Rumble Pit your service record for Hi Im Swat said 50 five star General.

[Edited on 12.21.2012 5:35 PM PST]

• 12.21.2012 5:34 PM PST
  •  | 

Real account.

Posted by: jjj205

Nice argument BTW.

*grabs popcorn*
I know right? The logical fallacies being flung at me is baffling. Apparently posting more than two sentences means you have a bleeding bum.

Apparently you don't have a valid reason as to why you're trying to pull rank. I'll give you one more chance, just one, to redeem yourself. Or, you can be the little forum warrior you really are and entertain me like the little troll you want to be. Doesn't matter to me, really, you've done enough to make me smile. Trying to be like the big tough guys of this forum, how cute. I'll assume that most of them are gone by now, but I hope not, you're getting quite predictable.

PS: The extra strike to get out is my present to you.

[Edited on 12.21.2012 6:13 PM PST]

• 12.21.2012 5:59 PM PST

Posted by: jjj205

Nice argument BTW.

*grabs popcorn*
I know right? The logical fallacies being flung at me is baffling. Apparently posting more than two sentences means you have a bleeding bum.

Apparently you don't have a valid reason as to why you're trying to pull rank. I'll give you one more chance, just one, to redeem yourself. Or, you can be the little forum warrior you really are and entertain me like the little troll you want to be. Doesn't matter to me, really, you've done enough to make me smile. Trying to be like the big tough guys of this forum, how cute. I'll assume that most of them are gone by now, but I hope not, you're getting quite predictable.

PS: The extra strike to get out is my present to you.

I'm a little confused about this whole strike system that you have going on here. Pretty sure no one else knows either but whatever. I guess you need some way to give yourself power over others

As for redeeming myself?

I don't know what you mean by this either.

You decided to be an asinine little prick and think yourself smart.
Saying the "Clearly you cared about his post to quote" bull-blam!- like that proves anything.

You're the one that pulled ranks, talking about veterans, and calling people elitists when they pulled 50 rank on you. And it was a loooot earlier when I chimed in.

Calling us elitists is a little extreme, though we are elite.

[Edited on 12.21.2012 6:57 PM PST]

• 12.21.2012 6:56 PM PST
  •  | 

Real account.

I'm a little confused about this whole strike system that you have going on here. Pretty sure no one else knows either but whatever. I guess you need some way to give yourself power over others
Quite hypocritical to suggest that last part, but aren't we all? But yes, I'm happy you're wondering about this little system I've conjured. The strikes I issued you are to count how many times you've done something silly, like sidestepping questions, being irrelevant, and some others I'm sure you've already caught onto.

As for redeeming myself?

I don't know what you mean by this either.
To be blunt? Stop trying to be some funny guy and be relevant. Want to know how? Start by posting things that actually have some form of weight on them. And before I continue, I already know you're thinking of using what I said against me.

You decided to be an asinine little prick and think yourself smart.
Saying the "Clearly you cared about his post to quote" bull-blam!- like that proves anything.
Now we're having a conversation over two entirely different things... Do I need to get a rope and tie everything together into a jumbled mess? Also, insulting me won't help you, actually it helps me. Thanks!

Before I move on, I see you're kind of hurting over my first post to you. Its nothing personal, honest. I was just pointing out that you care enough about Wolf's post to quote him. Nothing more.

You're the one that pulled ranks, talking about veterans, and calling people elitists when they pulled 50 rank on you. And it was a loooot earlier when I chimed in.Woah there, maybe Strike numero 4 should be issued here. You don't even know what I was talking about last page. Which is funny, because I said numerous times that I was contesting the relevance of using the word veteran. Which means I find that using the word veteran is just another way to categorize yourself above others. Nice, you just dug yourself into a nice hole, have funny climbing out.

Calling us elitists is a little extreme, though we are elite. I won't even bother, I'll assume you're trying to be witty.

• 12.21.2012 7:19 PM PST

• Pages:
  • of 4