This topic has moved here: Subject: Heartbeat
  • Subject: Heartbeat
Subject: Heartbeat
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Oh Yes!

I just noticed this. I played CE earlier and I noticed that when I was down to one last health bar, I could hear a heart beat. Has anyone else noticed this?

This just strengthens my belief that CE is the best Halo of all time.

[Edited on 12.19.2012 6:31 PM PST]

• 12.19.2012 6:29 PM PST

yup

just one more small thing they left out in later games

• 12.19.2012 8:21 PM PST
  • user homepage:

Halo 4 tries to be like CE but it fails to capture the spirit.

• 12.19.2012 9:28 PM PST

I hadn't noticed it before; good find!

• 12.20.2012 12:41 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member
  • user homepage:

Oh Yes!

Posted by: chickenlittle
yup

just one more small thing they left out in later games

These small things add up and make the game the best Halo ever. This game is way better than many games today.

@Sliding Ghost
Halo 4 fails to succeed on several levels.

[Edited on 12.20.2012 6:54 PM PST]

• 12.20.2012 6:53 PM PST

Why Bungie, why would you do this?! - Halo Community

Posted by: Sliding Ghost

Halo series: 1-ODST

Halol series: Reach-Halo 4.

Halol is a comedic series of video games that pretend to be like 1-3 and fail. Nothing in the Halol series is to be taken seriously.

• 12.22.2012 11:38 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Dark Hunter 2100

Halol is a comedic series of video games that pretend to be like 1-3 and fail. Nothing in the Halol series is to be taken seriously.
Halol is where hate is the #1 virtue. This is especially apparent in the characters.

You know, I've been thinking about making a topic comparing Halo and Home Alone (not on Waypoint obviously, all my topics get ignored, like this one).

Home Alone 2 is very similar to Home Alone 1 except it has a different setting and some plot twists. Otherwise, you still get:

-kid's alone
-family -blam!-s up
-same bad guys
-clever use of tv scenes
-an outcast/stranger who the boy initially fears but then gets to know the person and he/she comes in to save him when he's caught

And it was enjoyable. Home Alone 2 = Halo 2 and 3

Then Home Alone 3 featured a different character in a different setting with a more serious mindset. Yet it managed to retain the funny. Home Alone 3 = ODST

Now comes Home Alone 4, made for tv, pretty bland and unoriginal. The actor who played the character from the first film was not as charismatic. But there were a lot of cues towards the original. Home Alone 4 = Reach

Finally, Home Alone 5. Looked nice, was more enjoyable than #4, also had some cues to past films, but it just didn't hook. There wasn't much to fear about the bad guys this time. A bunch of art thieves... there weren't nearly as clever or funny moments as in the first three films. And it just seemed rushed at times. Home Alone 5 = Halo 4

[Edited on 12.22.2012 6:29 PM PST]

• 12.22.2012 6:25 PM PST

I would not say Home Alone 4 is analogous to Reach as I doubt the producers intentionally sabotaged the movie and tried to -blam!- over the fans.

• 12.23.2012 7:53 AM PST
  • user homepage:

I would not say Home Alone 4 is analogous to Reach as I doubt the producers intentionally sabotaged the movie and tried to -blam!- over the fans.
Perhaps. I think Bungie was directing more of that to M$ IMO.

• 12.23.2012 7:40 PM PST

Perhaps. I think Bungie was directing more of that to M$ IMO.
Yep. They screw the franchiser but the fans get screwed worse.

• 12.24.2012 12:15 AM PST

Posted by: Dark Hunter 2100

Halol is where hate is the #1 virtue. This is especially apparent in the characters.

You know, I've been thinking about making a topic comparing Halo and Home Alone (not on Waypoint obviously, all my topics get ignored, like this one).

Home Alone 2 is very similar to Home Alone 1 except it has a different setting and some plot twists. Otherwise, you still get:

-kid's alone
-family -blam!-s up
-same bad guys
-clever use of tv scenes
-an outcast/stranger who the boy initially fears but then gets to know the person and he/she comes in to save him when he's caught

And it was enjoyable. Home Alone 2 = Halo 2 and 3

Then Home Alone 3 featured a different character in a different setting with a more serious mindset. Yet it managed to retain the funny. Home Alone 3 = ODST

Now comes Home Alone 4, made for tv, pretty bland and unoriginal. The actor who played the character from the first film was not as charismatic. But there were a lot of cues towards the original. Home Alone 4 = Reach

Finally, Home Alone 5. Looked nice, was more enjoyable than #4, also had some cues to past films, but it just didn't hook. There wasn't much to fear about the bad guys this time. A bunch of art thieves... there weren't nearly as clever or funny moments as in the first three films. And it just seemed rushed at times. Home Alone 5 = Halo 4

What a brilliant comparison!

• 12.26.2012 7:59 AM PST
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Robinson41
What a brilliant comparison!
Thanks!

I was basing my comparison on mostly memory but I had the opportunity to watch most of these yesterday due to Christmas tv programming.

I was right on the money. And hell, I got to watch Home Alone 3 in it's entirety this time.

• 12.26.2012 5:50 PM PST