Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: AVGN Shut Down on Youtube
  • Subject: AVGN Shut Down on Youtube
  • Pages:
  • of 3
Subject: AVGN Shut Down on Youtube

I'm an Anarchist. I don't need a government to be a good person, but I'm glad it's here because some of you clearly do.

James Rolfe a.k.a. The Angry Video Game Nerd has had his account terminated on youtube for violating terms of service, apparently. Check it out for yourself.

Opinions on youtube openly shutting down internet-celebrities? Surely he had to bring in some considerable revenue.

• 01.08.2013 12:16 AM PDT

The Song Of Nephilim

Xenoblade <3

Good. He was not even funny.

• 01.08.2013 12:17 AM PDT

I'm an Anarchist. I don't need a government to be a good person, but I'm glad it's here because some of you clearly do.

Posted by: Nephilim713
Good. He was not even funny.

Are all of your opinions so complex and elaborate? Great response. 10/10

• 01.08.2013 12:18 AM PDT

Subject: If you saw a meteor coming toward Earth, what would you do?Posted by: juniorbandit96
Butter my ass, turn around, spread open my butt cheeks, and say "Right here mutha-blam!-a!!"

Join Planetary Annihilation and Speed Haven

If he violated the terms of service then they have every right to do it.

Damn I can't believe they did that.

• gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Destinypedia - The Wiki for Bungie's Destiny
Posted by: DEATHPIMP72
Anyone but Foman. He smells like cheese.

Never heard of him. Clearly a minor C-list internet celebrity who thought he was more important than he actually was, violated YouTube's ToS, and got slapped in the ass for it. Good for YouTube and I will now exit this thread and forget about the entire issue.

• 01.08.2013 12:19 AM PDT

"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-Paarthurnax

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
-G-Man

He'll get it back. LittleKuriboh has had his account taken down like 10 times.

If not, just go to Cinemassacre.com

• 01.08.2013 12:21 AM PDT

Black Water Ops

Damn dude, does he even drink?

• 01.08.2013 12:22 AM PDT

Posted by: x Foman123 x
Never heard of him. Clearly a minor C-list internet celebrity who thought he was more important than he actually was, violated YouTube's ToS, and got slapped in the ass for it. Good for YouTube and I will now exit this thread and forget about the entire issue.

Hes not exactly big but hes been around a very VERY long time.

Honestly I don't find him funny.

• 01.08.2013 12:24 AM PDT

The Song Of Nephilim

Xenoblade <3

It is funny, because I would not ever consider him a "celebrity" Is he not married? I wonder what his wife thinks about his videos.

• 01.08.2013 12:24 AM PDT

Name's John. I'm a 21-year-old firefighter/EMT from lolhio who doubles as a die-hard Halo fan. I've been enjoying the franchise since 2001. My favorite iteration of Halo would have to be Halo 2 simply because I never got to experience the joy of a full-on Halo: CE LAN.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, and boot Zome.

Never heard of him. Clearly a minor C-list internet celebrity

So if you haven't heard of him, he's barely more than a nobody? Nice. I'm hoping this is a sarcastic post.

who thought he was more important than he actually was,
What are you basing this assertion on? You just said you've never heard of him.

violated YouTube's ToS, and got slapped in the ass for it.
All he did was videogame reviews. He gave all credit where it was due the last time I watched his videos, which granted, has been a few years now.

Good for YouTube and I will now exit this thread and forget about the entire issue.
That's nice. Fart in the room and slip out the back entrance.

• 01.08.2013 12:25 AM PDT

Posted by: Timtaztix
yeah this reminds me of the time i got sent to jail for stealing crocs from target becozs i wanted all of the colors because i only got the green wons for my birthday and i wanted more ;)

Posted by: catman6
If he violated the terms of service then they have every right to do it.

• 01.08.2013 12:27 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

deej pls

Don't you get 3 warnings?

They don't just shut your account down. This guy had it coming.

• 01.08.2013 12:29 AM PDT

Posted by: The Ruckus 2010

Never heard of him. Clearly a minor C-list internet celebrity

So if you haven't heard of him, he's barely more than a nobody? Nice. I'm hoping this is a sarcastic post.

who thought he was more important than he actually was,
What are you basing this assertion on? You just said you've never heard of him.

violated YouTube's ToS, and got slapped in the ass for it.
All he did was videogame reviews. He gave all credit where it was due the last time I watched his videos, which granted, has been a few years now.

Good for YouTube and I will now exit this thread and forget about the entire issue.
That's nice. Fart in the room and slip out the back entrance.

^^ I gotta agree with this guy, Foman. You're just making... Something.
Soooo what rule did he break? He supposedly just made reviews. Doesn't make sense.

• 01.08.2013 12:29 AM PDT

It is funny, because I would not ever consider him a "celebrity" Is he not married? I wonder what his wife thinks about his videos.

His wife is a writer. They met while he was doing a casting call for a movie. I know this because she wrote about it on an update on his website just recently in the wake of the feature film he's working on.

He's been dark lately, activity wise, which is probably why he's clearly fallen out of the limelight. For reference, he is a key figure in the history of video game reviewing as a form of entertainment, rather than consumer reporting, despite his unorthodox parachute into the position.

• 01.08.2013 12:30 AM PDT

"Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bull-blam!-, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you."-Lemmy of Motorhead

i belive shhave funzes suppos

Yes, I'm the guy who had the Flood admit to being furries.

I never thought a mod could be so ignorant. I'm disappointed, not even joking.

Like really, its kinda impossible to not know the Angry Video Game Nerd(yes that's what AVGN stands for, i take it a few people didn't connect that). He pretty much started the video game commentary thing with youtube, he's entertaining, funny and great at reviewing. He's certainly not a "c list" youtuber. He also reviews quite a few movies under Cinemassacre.

I dont see why he was terminated, he never uploaded a full movie or show, he just reviewed. So really the people who arr quick to say "he deserves it" is a hasty moron. There's nothing about lets plays and reviews to be breaking policy(though it almost happened). This was a very bad move on youtubes part.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 12:34 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 12:30 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Honorable Legendary Member

Sometimes starting back from square one does good...

Ask smart questions
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

What? What did he do? I didn't see anything strange on his videos... There's no blog post about this on his website either.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 12:33 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 12:32 AM PDT

Name's John. I'm a 21-year-old firefighter/EMT from lolhio who doubles as a die-hard Halo fan. I've been enjoying the franchise since 2001. My favorite iteration of Halo would have to be Halo 2 simply because I never got to experience the joy of a full-on Halo: CE LAN.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, and boot Zome.

On topic, I'd love to know what terms of service he violated. He seemed to have all his t's crossed and his i's dotted where that kind of stuff is concerned.

• 01.08.2013 12:33 AM PDT

We mouth the vilest sacrament
And adhere to these tacit skirmishes
All for one day ideal and saffron-drenched
We ate each other's hearts out of serving dishes

I'm going to guess he had too many copyright notices on his videos and so they took him down, since YouTube (and copyright holders alike) don't seem to understand that "Fair Use" is a thing.

• 01.08.2013 12:41 AM PDT

Mediocre Backpacker
56% W\L
2.86 k\d
3.18 DMR
7.29 God Magnum
7.79 Sniper
5.34 Needle Rifle

Do try to contain your jealousy, bitter blueberry. I'd imagine she's supportive with how much he pulls in Youtube money.

• 01.08.2013 12:42 AM PDT

Please do not send me group invites.

Posted by: BenderIsKing
I'm going to guess he had too many copyright notices on his videos and so they took him down, since YouTube (and copyright holders alike) don't seem to understand that "Fair Use" is a thing.
I'd wager that AVGN was getting ad money from his videos, which means that it doesn't fall under Fair Use.

Want to use a song in your video? Contact the copyright holder. Artists have a right to be compensated for the work the produce.

• 01.08.2013 12:43 AM PDT

The Song Of Nephilim

Xenoblade <3

Posted by: Blackdog Rker

Do try to contain your jealousy, bitter blueberry. I'd imagine she's supportive with how much he pulls in Youtube money.

Where did I ever say I was jealous? Lol you mad?

• 01.08.2013 12:43 AM PDT

For a second I thought you said Angry Joe... phew

• 01.08.2013 12:44 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Honorable Legendary Member

Sometimes starting back from square one does good...

Ask smart questions
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

She's supportive. She even wrote her thoughts about AVGN a couple of times.
Posted by: Blackdog Rker

• 01.08.2013 12:50 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Destinypedia - The Wiki for Bungie's Destiny
Posted by: DEATHPIMP72
Anyone but Foman. He smells like cheese.

Posted by: HaI0Fighter92
I dont see why he was terminated, he never uploaded a full movie or show, he just reviewed. So really the people who arr quick to say "he deserves it" is a hasty moron. There's nothing about lets plays and reviews to be breaking policy(though it almost happened). This was a very bad move on youtubes part.
Now, would that be more or less moronic than blindly defending the guy based on your own admission of having zero knowledge about why he was terminated?

• 01.08.2013 12:50 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 3