Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: Does anyone want CoD to go back to how it was..?
  • Subject: Does anyone want CoD to go back to how it was..?
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Does anyone want CoD to go back to how it was..?
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

For all questions with answers unknown to you, the proper procedure is to assume the answer is peanut butter.

While that may be true, I'm just going to pretend otherwise.

First off, I know everyone says that CoD never changes. Admittedly, it doesn't change much, but it has changed over the years.

Does anyone miss the good maps? Maps that weren't just rubble falling everywhere for cover. Maps that actually had flanking roots, not just rooms with three doors in different corners of the room.

Does anyone miss the simple unlock system, weapons, and perks? The system where there were three available attachments and you could only choose one. When you could only have three perks and they did exactly what they said, no pro versions or stupid catches for the perk to "work properly."

Does anyone miss the killstreak system? Three killstreaks, unlocked at three, five, and seven kills, and everyone had the same killstreaks.

I ask these questions because the last four CoD games have just added in unnecessary gimmicks that make the game more frustrating, and ultimately boring. There's always one weapon with a certain attachment, or attachments, that trumps everything else. It's no longer about choosing the weapon you like, but more about choose the most overpowered class because KD means everything.

So, Flood. Do you want CoD, or any other game, to go back to how it was? Discuss changes that have been made to game franchises over the last few years and your opinion on those changes.

• 01.08.2013 7:09 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

lolcod UT2004 Master Race

• 01.08.2013 7:10 AM PDT

:)

Yes I agree, they've just added too much when it wasn't necessary. The simplicity has gone and balance with it. Now I've got to say one thing:

CoD4.

Now that game was the greatest CoD multiplayer. Then WaW for co-op/zombies.

• 01.08.2013 7:11 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Black Ops 2 needs a Barebones playlist.

• 01.08.2013 7:14 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

For all questions with answers unknown to you, the proper procedure is to assume the answer is peanut butter.

Posted by: ravingmasher626
Yes I agree, they've just added too much when it wasn't necessary. The simplicity has gone and balance with it. Now I've got to say one thing:

CoD4.

Now that game was the greatest CoD multiplayer. Then WaW for co-op/zombies.

I agree. I loved CoD4, and I almost liked WaW as much. I liked CoD2 a lot, but it would get boring because there were literally only five classes to choose from. CoD4 had the right amount of customization, but it remained mostly balanced. All these new perks and attachments that have been added in just severely imbalance the game. If I could find a game that wasn't modded, I'd still be playing CoD4 and probably WaW.

• 01.08.2013 7:15 AM PDT

My DeviantArt Gallery - For my Photoshop stuff, go have a look!

Get rid of half the perks and the noobtube in CoD4 and it might be alright. The CoD4 maps were probably the best though, and some MW2 ones were on-par with that.

• 01.08.2013 7:17 AM PDT

x_*x Blame Stosh

No. I actually like the unlocking system of Black Ops II, and the 10-point system as well. I may agree with you to an extent with the maps, but a lot of those maps are very exploitable. I'm not saying recent CoD games haven't had exploitable maps.. *cough* Dome.. but as a whole, it has been cleaned up (especially in the 3Arc games). Not all of the Black Ops II maps are full of clutter, and some of them are pretty decent. I thought Black Ops 1 had the best maps overall, but some were dodgy.

Not to mention Black Ops II has League Play for those who want a level playing field, and Prestige tokens have returned if there's a weapon and/or perk you can't do without.

Sometimes I do find myself wanting to return to the golden days of CoD, but CoD 4 is still quite active, and still fun to play. The mods aren't as bad as people like to say, at least in my experience.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 7:20 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 7:17 AM PDT

The HELL you are! These are precious gifts to me and they are non-transferable! How dare you regift my challenge prize. You might as well hock a wedding ring for beer money. -DeeJ

Black Ops II is the most revolutionary CoD since CoD 4. Black Ops II is my favorite game of 2012, I even bought the $50 map pass.

Not joking.

• 01.08.2013 7:18 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Plain Ben
Get rid of half the perks and the noobtube in CoD4 and it might be alright. The CoD4 maps were probably the best though, and some MW2 ones were on-par with that.

MW2 could have been pretty good, but IW seemed to refuse to patch it. The perks were really overpowered as well, especially Danger Close and One Man Army. Marathon and Lightweight also gave submachine guns too much versatility.

I agree with the maps though. Some of the maps were really fun, others not so much. Even my least favorite maps on CoD4 were still very enjoyable.

• 01.08.2013 7:20 AM PDT

*Silloin kun näyttää siltä että ei ole mitään hätää niin tulee hälytyskellojen soida
*Neuvostoliiton hajoaminen oli vain showta
*Saksa on löytänyt uuden tavan vallata Eurooppa ilman yhtäkään panssarivaunua

CoD 2 master race.

• 01.08.2013 7:22 AM PDT

You are now reading my signature, the following proceeds as the amazing group i am in and the best person in Bungie.net who i am not stalking at al... >.>

The Reach Asset

Xhavalor is amazing <3

Posted by: SmD x MaYHeM x

MW2 could have been pretty good, but IW seemed to refuse to patch it. The perks were really overpowered as well, especially Danger Close and One Man Army. Marathon and Lightweight also gave submachine guns too much versatility.

I agree with the maps though. Some of the maps were really fun, others not so much. Even my least favorite maps on CoD4 were still very enjoyable.
They overdid it with killstreaks and perks. I hate how killsteaks make good players better. They don't need the boost, they are already doing well. Chopper Gunner was the worst offender imo. I hate offensive killstreaks.

• 01.08.2013 7:24 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

WaW was my favourite COD Simply because the MP40 was the best Multiplayer gun in any Call of Duty

[Edited on 01.08.2013 7:25 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 7:25 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

I don't really mind the ten point system for unlocks in BO2. What bothers me is that it seems like none of the perks and attachments balance each other out. It also bothers me that many of the "upgrades" that were traditionally perks have become attachments, such as Fast Mag and Laser Sight. Target Finder is also pretty overpowered. ACOG and Red Dot sights were fine. That, and Treyarch can't balance submachine guns to save their life. They've always had a problem with that, such as the MP40 in WaW, the AK-74u in BO, and the MSMC in BO2. They make them too versatile. They should only be good at close range, and they shouldn't have high damage combined with high accuracy or high fire rate.
Posted by: BitesizeCrayons
No. I actually like the unlocking system of Black Ops II, and the 10-point system as well. I may agree with you to an extent with the maps, but a lot of those maps are very exploitable. I'm not saying recent CoD games haven't had exploitable maps.. *cough* Dome.. but as a whole, it has been cleaned up (especially in the 3Arc games). Not all of the Black Ops II maps are full of clutter, and some of them are pretty decent. I thought Black Ops 1 had the best maps overall, but some were dodgy.

Not to mention Black Ops II has League Play for those who want a level playing field, and Prestige tokens have returned if there's a weapon and/or perk you can't do without.

Sometimes I do find myself wanting to return to the golden days of CoD, but CoD 4 is still quite active, and still fun to play. The mods aren't as bad as people like to say, at least in my experience.

• 01.08.2013 7:26 AM PDT

Ad Infinitum

Bloc was the greatest map in Call of Duty history.

Quick as a razor, sharp as a bullet.

You mean set in a historical conflict, a game from which you could actually discover things rather than set through yet another Russians-'n'-Arabs-'n'-nukes snorefest? Yes, I would like that.

• user homepage:

Posted by: killingfrenzy11

Posted by: SmD x MaYHeM x

They overdid it with killstreaks and perks. I hate how killsteaks make good players better. They don't need the boost, they are already doing well. Chopper Gunner was the worst offender imo. I hate offensive killstreaks.

I completely agree. Player-controlled Killstreaks need to go. The worst thing was getting into a game on Rust where there was an AC-130 that never left or reloaded. I actually quit playing MW2 when I got put into seven of those games in a row. In games that weren't modded, you were pretty much guaranteed to be nuked when you heard, "Enemy chopper gunner incoming!"

[Edited on 01.08.2013 7:30 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 7:29 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Atomic Tea
Bloc was the greatest map in Call of Duty history.

Hard to argue with that. The only maps that rivaled it were Pipeline and Crossfire, in my opinion. You could play Bloc any way you wanted to, from shotguns and submachine guns to being proned out in the grass with a sniper rifle.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 7:33 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 7:32 AM PDT

There comes a time in every mans life... and that time is not now.

WaW is best. Most fun i have had in CoD multiplayer to date.

• 01.08.2013 7:37 AM PDT

Hi, I am GrandmasterNinja the founder of a group called The Shadow League.If you are looking for a fun but serious group to join, this is your chance. If you do decide to Join, please PM me back to I can alert the Moderators of a new member. Remember, Honor The Code.

Join Here

BIGDADDY786

• 01.08.2013 7:38 AM PDT
  •  | 
  • Fabled Legendary Member

Yeah... I'm that cool.
Robot Academy. Kinda sorta the best group on here.

The maps haven't gotten worse. You'll always have the few good ones and then a load of bad ones.

The more complicated unlock and create a class system hasn't ruined anything. You can customize to a much greater extent which allows you to play the game more like you want to.

The simplicity of just 3 killstreaks had it charm, but more variety makes things more interesting and has you trying out more new things.

What weapon trumps everything in BO2? The only two vastly overpowered weapons I've seen in a CoD game were the MP40 in WaW and the M16 in CoD4, which are the two games you praise for not being imbalanced.

Although I too think that CoD4 had the best multiplayer out of them all, I disagree with several of your points.

• 01.08.2013 7:42 AM PDT

Why did you click the more button? By accident? Reply is at the bottom...
They call me The Precursor

Yeah, because I'm sure they were selling waaaay more copies in 2004.

It will never happen.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 7:44 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 7:44 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

If you read through my posts, you'll see that I mentioned 3arc can't balance SMGs and used the MP40 as an example. I also never said that everything was completely balanced, because that's impossible with custom classes, but the other gun/perk combinations did cancel each other out in CoD4, providing a more balanced game. The M16 was overpowered at medium-to-long range. Up close, it was too slow and any of the SMGs would beat it, which is how it should be.

The extra customization options in the more recent CoD games would add more variety if they balanced each other out. However, there are some very obviously overpowered perks and guns in each of them, so most people gravitate towards those options. As such, I honestly only encounter about three different classes routinely.

MW2: Lightweight, Marathon, Commando ... UMP45 / One Man Army, Danger Close, Sitrep ... Any Assault Rifle with a noobtube / Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, Commando or Steady Aim ... Intervention / ACR and FAMAS ruled

Black Ops: Ghost, random perk, Hacker ... Galil / Lightweight, random perk, Marathon ... AK-74u

MW3: ACR and MP7 ruled the game.

Black Ops 2: Everyone has Tactical Mask, and half the team is using an SMG.

Posted by: Flee4Me
The maps haven't gotten worse. You'll always have the few good ones and then a load of bad ones.

The more complicated unlock and create a class system hasn't ruined anything. You can customize to a much greater extent which allows you to play the game more like you want to.

The simplicity of just 3 killstreaks had it charm, but more variety makes things more interesting and has you trying out more new things.

What weapon trumps everything in BO2? The only two vastly overpowered weapons I've seen in a CoD game were the MP40 in WaW and the M16 in CoD4, which are the two games you praise for not being imbalanced.

Although I too think that CoD4 had the best multiplayer out of them all, I disagree with several of your points.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 7:54 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 7:53 AM PDT

...last four CoD games have just added in unnecessary gimmicks that make the game more frustrating, and ultimately boring.
CoD4 was the one that started that trend.

I came into this thread expecting you to be talking about the pre-CoD4 days, and now I'm sad...

• 01.08.2013 7:54 AM PDT

Yeah, CoD4 had really great maps. Crossfire was my favorite.

MW2's maps are pretty good except for Underpass.

• 01.08.2013 7:55 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2