Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: Anyone excited for the new Xbox?
  • Subject: Anyone excited for the new Xbox?
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Anyone excited for the new Xbox?

Been with Bungie since 1996, and no plans of leaving.

Are you? I am

• 01.08.2013 7:44 AM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I use a signature because I can

Nope

I work for the Department of Defense.

Only if it's made for gamers.

(ps, it won't be)

Only if it can run high quality games.

• 01.08.2013 7:45 AM PDT

Been with Bungie since 1996, and no plans of leaving.

Posted by: Darkm0d
Only if it's made for gamers.

(ps, it won't be)
???? I hope so

• 01.08.2013 7:45 AM PDT

No. This generation of consoles will be my last.

• 01.08.2013 7:48 AM PDT

If we see some:

Details about the console.
Exclusive games.
No more Kinect bull....

• 01.08.2013 7:49 AM PDT

I am the Thorian, known as Species 37 to you people. I am an ancient sentient plant that is fifty thousand years old. My ability to hibernate for thousands of years makes my real age impossible to guess though you are welcome to try.

There is a chance that I will be getting it, however I will have to see the details of it first. For now though I am happy with my Xbox 360.

• 01.08.2013 7:51 AM PDT

Quick as a razor, sharp as a bullet.

As long as we have some good games besides Halos 5 and 6 and whatever is next for the Gears franchise. Another numbered sequel, if Halo's track record is anything to go by.

• 01.08.2013 7:51 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

No. Halo 5 will have to look spectacular-blow-everything-out-of-the-water good for me to buy a next gen console. And even then I might not bother. There's really nothing in the Xbox Live community that I can't find elsewhere that's better right now.

• 01.08.2013 7:55 AM PDT

Posted by: WolfmanMaverick
You people have just sent my sides into orbit. A bunch of MLG try hards sucking the dick of some supposed pro half the thread hasn't even heard of. Classic.

Not really. I am more into my PC games now.

• 01.08.2013 7:56 AM PDT

Love your friends, Die laughing.

No.

I don't even like my Xbox 360 anymore...

• 01.08.2013 7:57 AM PDT

Hi, I am GrandmasterNinja the founder of a group called The Shadow League.If you are looking for a fun but serious group to join, this is your chance. If you do decide to Join, please PM me back to I can alert the Moderators of a new member. Remember, Honor The Code.

Join Here

BIGDADDY786

Nope the only reason I had a 360 was for Halo 3. I don't care enought for Halo 5 to buy it. I'll just watch some "Let's Play" videos to see if it's good and so I can see how much of a cash cow it has become now.

• 01.08.2013 7:58 AM PDT

State: Pennsylvania.
County: Warren.
I graduated from high school on June-11-2011. I'm 19 right now. I'm turning 20 in December. I like playing video games, and board games. I like reading Sci-Fi, and World War II novels, and what not.

"There is nothing better in the world than being better at a video game than someone else....oh wait"

Nope. I might get one, but I'm not excited for it. Halo is dead to me so the only way I will buy them is if they do spin-offs of Battlefront 2. I'm more existed for the PS4 because the PS3 has more JRPG's. So it will probably be the same for the PS4.

• 01.08.2013 7:58 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

For all questions with answers unknown to you, the proper procedure is to assume the answer is peanut butter.

While that may be true, I'm just going to pretend otherwise.

Posted by: NinjaOnFire7
If we see some:

Exclusive games.
No more Kinect bull....

This. I want less gimmicks, more gaming.

• 01.08.2013 7:59 AM PDT

Honestly, not really. I've got 2 xbox 360s and we aren't using them enough in my house to justify spending the money on the next gaming console. Maybe I'll be in a different position next year, but for now, I'm content with what I have.

• 01.08.2013 7:59 AM PDT

Surprised at the negativity in this thread. Personally, I'm really looking forward to it. All we have is speculation and rumor to go by at this point, but I like what I've heard so far.

My opinion may change come E3.

• 01.08.2013 8:00 AM PDT

State: Pennsylvania.
County: Warren.
I graduated from high school on June-11-2011. I'm 19 right now. I'm turning 20 in December. I like playing video games, and board games. I like reading Sci-Fi, and World War II novels, and what not.

"There is nothing better in the world than being better at a video game than someone else....oh wait"

Posted by: NinjaOnFire7
If we see some:

Exclusive games.
No more Kinect bull....

No more adds on the dashboard that don't revolve around gaming.

• 01.08.2013 8:01 AM PDT

Nope
I speculate that:
-Ridiculously high launch price
-If its anything like the 360 it will be rushed to beat the PS4 launch so it could be faulty: RROD-like problems again
-Microsoft are moving from away from a gaming console to an entertainment console: expect to see more Kinect like rubbish which therefore means less hardcore games
- Lack of decent launch games
-Lack of new IPs: Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza are the main ones the Xbox exclusively has, new ones are really needed for the next gen.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 8:19 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 8:19 AM PDT

XBL GT: xxMayDay31xx
PSN ID: xxMayDay31xx
32/M/Alabama
That's right. I just dropped some AOL IM protocol.

Well I hope it comes out this fall, so I can promptly buy it NEXT fall, once there are good games and 2 out of 3 don't explode.

• 01.08.2013 8:21 AM PDT

The HELL you are! These are precious gifts to me and they are non-transferable! How dare you regift my challenge prize. You might as well hock a wedding ring for beer money. -DeeJ

Posted by: BENNY 092
Nope
I speculate that:
-If its anything like the 360 it will be rushed to beat the PS4 launch so it could be faulty: RROD-like problems again
-Microsoft are moving from away from a gaming console to an entertainment console: expect to see more Kinect like rubbish which therefore means less hardcore games
-Lack of new IPs: Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza are the main ones the Xbox exclusively has, new ones are really needed for the next gen.
Not sure I understand your logic there. Microsoft is adding more entertainment features, that's not going to stop any games from coming to the Xbox or being made.

• 01.08.2013 8:24 AM PDT

I won't be getting it straight away.
I want to find out more about this "Steam Box"

• 01.08.2013 8:25 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

I'm looking forward to the details on it. I think it will be interesting.

• 01.08.2013 8:28 AM PDT

Posted by: DarkestSeptagon

Nope
I speculate that:
Not sure I understand your logic there. Microsoft is adding more entertainment features, that's not going to stop any games from coming to the Xbox or being made.

Maybe i should have split those points up.

You only need to see how the dashboard has changed over the years to see that Microsoft have crammed in more features that have nothing to do with gaming: such as adverts on movies, music and apps to the dashboard. I expect this to increase more on the next console to try and draw in a larger audience.

After seeing the success of the Wii encouraging the family to play on consoles and selling many more units, Microsoft attempted this with the Kinect, with limited success. Therefore i guess that there will be a bigger drive on kinect with it being built into the console and many more games making use of it. Of course nnot every game will integrate Kinect but the number will rise if Microsoft pushes it enough.

• 01.08.2013 8:35 AM PDT

Posted by: DarkestSeptagon

Nope
I speculate that:
Current rumors state that there will be two versions of the box. One will be a traditional console with a blueray drive. The other is expected to be more of a media center that is used just for movies, music, and downloadable games.

Doesn't mean they're moving away from anything, though. Just throwing things against a wall and seeing if it sticks. There very well may be a market for such a device.

• 01.08.2013 8:36 AM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2